Lee Smith and Pat DiMarco update...

eball

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeldon is better then people think and at this stage he’s better then Gore. It’s just going to be one of those things we never actually get to find out though because Dabol is obsessed with wasting touches on a guy that’s 5+ years past his prime. It’s not even about Yeldon as much as it is about not continuously giving the ball to Gore. This has a chance to be a really special season and Gore served his purpose. He got us through some tough times and helped up bring along Singletary. But now it’s time to get serious and for the last month it’s clear Gores legs are shot. It’s time to try and take advantage of this season and get some fresh legs to go with Singletary. Bring back Murphy I don’t care. It just has to stop being Gore. You don’t have to cut the guy. Keep him around and give him 2 or 3 touches a game. But he gets the ball way, way to much. He’s done.

Agree 100%

At least give Gore a week to just try and get fresh and let Yeldon get a week to see how he performs. I also think he's a decent back with good receiving skills, and would be more impactful than Gore.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeldon is better then people think and at this stage he’s better then Gore. It’s just going to be one of those things we never actually get to find out though because Dabol is obsessed with wasting touches on a guy that’s 5+ years past his prime. It’s not even about Yeldon as much as it is about not continuously giving the ball to Gore. This has a chance to be a really special season and Gore served his purpose. He got us through some tough times and helped up bring along Singletary. But now it’s time to get serious and for the last month it’s clear Gores legs are shot. It’s time to try and take advantage of this season and get some fresh legs to go with Singletary. Bring back Murphy I don’t care. It just has to stop being Gore. You don’t have to cut the guy. Keep him around and give him 2 or 3 touches a game. But he gets the ball way, way to much. He’s done.

I disagree most strongly with the bolded.

I am not really arguing with your assessment of Gore. But I'd give it to anyone except Yeldon. Yeldon has some limited value as a pass catching back. He is a really poor runner. I'd rather run Perry or re-sign Murphy or re-sign Tashard Choice frankly than give carries to Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Why do you want to activate Yeldon? Would you like the other team to have the ball more? Gore might have the burst of a snail on speed but I'd actually dress that same snail before I'd dress Yeldon. He sucks.

Yeldon is a great pass catching back

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Daboll changes his offensive gameplan massively game to game. I will be happy when I see something consistently working. 

It would not shock me to see DiMarco out wide this week again and Lee Smith getting his 3 penalties. 

I agree with you.  But yet, we did well operating an up-tempo offense with minimal substitutions.

Perhaps McDermott will put the "chicken wing" on Daboll and say "KISS, baby.  Put the best players on the field and keep 'em there."

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it was very gameplan specific but I would happily see more of it.

It was directly related to the decision to go uptempo No Huddle much of the game.  They kept the same base personnel on the field most of the game: 11 set, Singletary and Knox.  McKensie, Beasley and Brown.  McKensie and Knox both upward of 70 snaps.  Kroft the majority of the remaining TE snaps.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

From the Buffalo News this a.m.; should make a lot of folks happy.  Perhaps this is a sign that the Bills are finally figuring out "who they are" on offense and creating an identity -- or it's just the personnel grouping that they felt worked best against Miami.  In either case, 37 pts and 400+ of offense is nothing to sneeze at.

1. The Bills didn’t use their “heavy” offensive package much. Blocking tight end Lee Smith played a season-low seven snaps (10%), while fullback Patrick DiMarco was on the field for just four snaps (6%).

This is a good first step. Making one or both inactive in favor of a potentially useful body is step two.

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Why do you want to activate Yeldon? Would you like the other team to have the ball more? Gore might have the burst of a snail on speed but I'd actually dress that same snail before I'd dress Yeldon. He sucks.

Yeldon showed some good things when was in there, I agree that we lessen Gore's role and see what Yeldon can do as he is under contract next year and we're going to need someone to split time with Singletary, might as well see if Yeldon can do it. 

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Agree on this. 11 caries for 27 yards last week says it all.

Smith and DiMarco’s Snap counts going down is a positive sign. The youth on this team with talent need to step up. For Smith that means Knox getting more snaps. Also hopefully it means Kroft is getting more comfortable in the offensive scheme.

I think it is good to have these guys on the roster for cohesion and when you want to smash the ball, but I like what they've been doing formation wise. Knox needs to be on the field. I think the kid is the real deal. He's a difference maker. Kroft being healthy has also pushed Smith off the field and I think we are starting to see Kroft get back. I could see him having a big game in the next couple of weeks. 

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Agree on this. 11 caries for 27 yards last week says it all.

Smith and DiMarco’s Snap counts going down is a positive sign. The youth on this team with talent need to step up. For Smith that means Knox getting more snaps. Also hopefully it means Kroft is getting more comfortable in the offensive scheme.

It's all about matchups.  When 42 and 85 are in there, the defenses can cheat a lot more because those guys don't scare anybody with big plays.  They may get a surprise 25-30 yard pass once or twice a year, so the gamble to put more pressure Allen is definitely worth taking if you're the defense.  It's not like these two guys have been blowing up defenders all season long to juice the run game.

6 minutes ago, GG said:

It's all about matchups.  When 42 and 85 are in there, the defenses can cheat a lot more because those guys don't scare anybody with big plays.  They may get a surprise 25-30 yard pass once or twice a year, so the gamble to put more pressure Allen is definitely worth taking if you're the defense.  It's not like these two guys have been blowing up defenders all season long to juice the run game.

Agreed. I think they save the Lee Smith leak out into the end zone like they did against Tennessee, for another game later in the year.