NFLs All Time Team

Buffalo716

OJ and Sayers with Brown, Earl Campbell, or Peterson to close the game out. 

I honestly can’t decide on a top 3 list. There’s too much talent. That said... Watch full games on YouTube. Out of everyone I’ve ever seen Sayers combination of vision, fluidity and speed is in another realm... The guy makes the other 21 players look like their moving underwater. Flash in the pan, but a hell of a flash. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wasn’t alive for Brown but wasn’t he bigger than offensive linemen back then?

He was bigger than a lot of them.  What's really incredible is that Bobby Mitchell, who was Big 10 sprint champion, raced him while with the Browns and lost.  Brown was just incredible to watch, game after game.

19 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

1. Jim Brown

2. Walter Payton

3. Earl Campbell

No Barry??

48 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

I don't know who's the greatest, but I would draft Marshall Faulk over any of them in 2020's draft if they were all there on the board.

Thurman was Faulk before Faulk!! Just didn’t have Faulk speed

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

OJ and Sayers with Brown, Earl Campbell, or Peterson to close the game out. 

I honestly can’t decide on a top 3 list. There’s too much talent. That said... Watch full games on YouTube. Out of everyone I’ve ever seen Sayers combination of vision, fluidity and speed is in another realm... The guy makes the other 21 players look like their moving underwater. Flash in the pan, but a hell of a flash. 

Might have to plug Riggings in Peterson spot

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You lost your cred with the bolded part. Do Amad Rashad, JD Hill, Bob Chandler & Mark Brammer ring a bell?

starting QB averaged 68 yards passing a game on 44% completion percentage

Mark Brammer was on the Bills from 1980 and 1984 and averaged 22 catches a year for 9.8 yards a catch

Edited by ticketssince61
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You lost your cred with the bolded part. Do Amad Rashad, JD Hill, Bob Chandler & Mark Brammer ring a bell?

They were there, they just weren't used. It was one of the reasons that Rashad wanted out.

They went in one direction when Lou Saban got here.

He rebuilt the Oline, using firsts on Joe D and Paul Seymour. Seymour was a college OT who they moved to TE. He was basically a 3rd OT.

They brought in Bubba Braxton, who was about as big as most OL during the day.  So they basically had an extra OT and OG on the field on every play.

Rashad and Hill were both fitted with full face masks for blocking purposes.

Even in an era where teams were run heavy, the Bills took it to another level. They were last in the league in passing attempts by a large margin.

They probably could have passed, they just didn't.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/19/2019 at 7:17 AM, row_33 said:

Juice had the fullback weight and more speed than a quick running back.

the only one....

hey you go kids, he hit top speed by his second step

the best OJ headlights I have seen.Most complete.

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and the sound that came out of the RIch Stadium crowd when he broke it open, even though the rest of the time it was sad

Best all-time Buffalo Bill player.  Not really any doubt.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, mannc said:

Best all-time Buffalo Bill player.  Not really any doubt.  

Bruce would be the other to consider, but c'mon.... Juice is #1.

OJ singlehandedly powered this team for years, got them to the playoffs once

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Bruce would be the other to consider, but c'mon.... Juice is #1.

OJ singlehandedly powered this team for years, got them to the playoffs once

He was unquestionably the best RB of his era, and in an era when the running game was paramount, he was the truly best player in the league.  No other Bill can say that.

• Like (+1) 1

OJ ran for 2,000+ yards in a 14 game season, averaging 6.0 yards per carry. Hell, he ran for 250 against the Steel Curtain with no threat of a passing game whatsoever.

Barry Sanders deserves similar praise for being the entire focus of opposing teams, yet still putting up insane numbers. He deserves a top 3 spot easily, as he was still killing it when he retired, with no end in sight. He also ran for 2,000+ yards in a season...just one season before he retired! His final season he rushed for 1,491 yards. 

If Sanders just played 1 more season, he easily could've surpassed the all time rushing record (just getting his career yearly average too), and it would've been 2 seasons earlier than what it took Payton.

OJ was easily the best RB of his era, just like I believe Sanders was the best of his. And both played on teams where there wasn't much of a supporting cast. They were the offense, and they were what other teams game planned around. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1