NFLs All Time Team

Buffalo716

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001078454/article/running-back-finalists-announced-for-alltime-team

The finalists for the NFL All Time Team are being announced and the 22 finalists for the running back position have been named

Glad to see Thurman Thomas listed amongst the finalists and not surprised to see Juice

What do you think?

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001078454/article/running-back-finalists-announced-for-alltime-team

The finalists for the NFL All Time Team are being announced and the 22 finalists for the running back position have been named

Glad to see Thurman Thomas listed amongst the finalists and not surprised to see Juice

What do you think?

1. Jim Brown

2. Walter Payton

3. Earl Campbell

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty amazing list when guys like Allen, Thurman and AP are afterthoughts.

Brown -- he's still #1

Barry -- 15k yards in 10 season on mostly bad teams.  Incredible

OJ -- gonna give the homer nod to OJs talent edge vs Payton's longevity and toughness.

there are many guys who have no chance at top 3 amongst the finalists.

incl franco,thurman,bettis,allen,dorsett,faulk..--great RBs all of them

gayle sayers pre-injury is right up there with OJ& Barry  for sheer rushing talent but career so brief

i dont think Jim Taylor has a chance BUT i only saw him play a couple of yrs.

The old timers----no one under 80 should be allowed an opinion on them..:)

Of the new guys Adrian Peterson is the best...But Id put him ever so slightly behind the top 6.

RB is just not stressed that much in the league anymore.whereas it used to be the marquee position.

There are amazing talents out there who could have and would have been great RBs-- like Michael Vick,Tyrod Taylor etc.--had they been in the league at a different time.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Tcali said:

there are many guys who have no chance at top 3 amongst the finalists.

incl franco,thurman,bettis,allen,dorsett,faulk..--great RBs all of them

gayle sayers pre-injury is right up there with OJ& Barry  for sheer rushing talent but career so brief

i dont think Jim Taylor has a chance BUT i only saw him play a couple of yrs.

The old timers----no one under 80 should be allowed an opinion on them..:)

Of the new guys Adrian Peterson is the best...But Id put him ever so slightly behind the top 6.

RB is just not stressed that much in the league anymore.whereas it used to be the marquee position.

There are amazing talents out there who could have and would have been great RBs-- like Michael Vick,Tyrod Taylor etc.--had they been in the league at a different time.

Tyrod Taylor could hardly take hits at QB no way he could play RB in any era

He wasn't nearly strong enough or big enough to play RB back in the day and he'd be a glorified scat back today

Vick was bigger so that's a better case but def not TT imo

I grew up in the Buffalo area.  Before the Bills came along, Cleveland was the NFL team we saw on TV.  I was familiar with Jim Brown from his syracuse days [my uncle was a classmate].  Watching him in '57 '58 '59 hard to argue he was not the GOAT running back.  8 rushing titles in 9 years, only year he didn't rush for a title he got to 996 playing with a broken bone in his wrist.  Bigger than most LB's and DB's and just as fast if not faster. He has to be #1

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 2