Was Daboll talking Allen through pre-snap coverages yesterday?

HappyDays

46 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you contribute anything of any substance to any thread?

Wtf is ur problem???

If you don't understand the 15 sec rule then move along to something else that is more your level of knowledge. 

You are a weak poster, so I'll leave it at that. 

6 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Wtf is ur problem???

If you don't understand the 15 sec rule then move along to something else that is more your level of knowledge. 

You are a weak poster, so I'll leave it at that. 

Understand it well, so does everyone else on here. 
you make snarky comments and attack people regularly. It’s just an old stale but that is played out. 

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Understand it well, so does everyone else on here. 
you make snarky comments and attack people regularly. It’s just an old stale but that is played out. 

Another example of a weak post.

Keep trying old man, I'll be here all night.

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Weak? I’m not trying to attack you. Contribute. Some of us ‘old men’ come here for information and to share some knowledge. 

And where is your contribution? 

Lol

When do you EVER share "knowledge".

I've come to know you as weak. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Please keep to topic for others. As I have. 

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

And where is your contribution? 

Lol

When do you EVER share "knowledge".

I've come to know you as weak. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Please keep to topic for others. As I have. 

Go look who called for Daboll to be moved to the box. Stays on topic and shows contribution and knowledge. 
I am done. Have a good evening. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Realistically I hope that isn't the case

Mcvay has stunted Goffs growth as a true QB because he has always made the calls for him

It's easy to defend against too... Just disguise your coverage until under 15 seconds on the clock

You need to be able to see things pre and post snap and be able to recognize them

I don't think that was what was going on as there were far too many times Allen would have them snap the ball with 5 or less seconds on the clock.

Certainly Daboll does relay plays to Allen before they huddle up, but they went up-tempo because Daboll made things a bit simpler for Allen by not subbing different offensive personnel packages after each play, which allowed them to be more up-tempo and aggressive.

I personally don't care, and I would be shocked if it isn't happening in every team and for every OC. At least some form of eye in the sky assistance. That being said, I think Allen is better at adapting to things post snap (largely because of his elusiveness and mobility) than Goff, so I don't worry about that. I also think that less of the problem with Goff is that people figured out to wait till 15 seconds to move, but rather it's that the offense is completely scheme based. If the scheme doesn't break someone wide open (which it does often) and Goff is forced to make reads and find the man, thats when he struggles. It's a simple matter of the NFL figuring out McVey and innovation having a natural limitation. I also don't think we have to worry about Allen being stunted if they are doing that, as he is still making reads and seeing the field - he did very well with that this week.

Also, Orlovsky is such an Anti-Allen shill, even his praises have to be moderate, while he slurps all over Sammy boy:

This isn't my reasoning for calling him anti-allen, that's been pretty consistent since pre-draft.. This is just an example. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I personally don't care, and I would be shocked if it isn't happening in every team and for every OC. At least some form of eye in the sky assistance. That being said, I think Allen is better at adapting to things post snap (largely because of his elusiveness and mobility) than Goff, so I don't worry about that. I also think that less of the problem with Goff is that people figured out to wait till 15 seconds to move, but rather it's that the offense is completely scheme based. If the scheme doesn't break someone wide open (which it does often) and Goff is forced to make reads and find the man, thats when he struggles. It's a simple matter of the NFL figuring out McVey and innovation having a natural limitation. I also don't think we have to worry about Allen being stunted if they are doing that, as he is still making reads and seeing the field - he did very well with that this week.

Also, Orlovsky is such an Anti-Allen shill, even his praises have to be moderate, while he slurps all over Sammy boy:

This isn't my reasoning for calling him anti-allen, that's been pretty consistent since pre-draft.. This is just an example. 

Wait.  We incorporate a ton of RPOs?  Help me out here @Buffalo716 @GunnerBill @thebandit27 @YoloinOhio

Perhaps I would not know an RPO if it bit me on the buttocks, but I do not see 'em much less a "Ton"

OK, maybe I've seen 1-2 plays a game that I thought were RPO, but usually I think it's Daboll faking the run on what's really a pass play all the way.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait.  We incorporate a ton of RPOs?  Help me out here @Buffalo716 @GunnerBill @thebandit27 @YoloinOhio

Perhaps I would not know an RPO if it bit me on the buttocks, but I do not see 'em much less a "Ton"

"We can tell that the RPO is being utilized because the QB is in the shotgun formation and there is a runningback in the stadium somewhere." - Analysts

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

"We can tell that the RPO is being utilized because the QB is in the shotgun formation and there is a runningback in the stadium somewhere." - Analysts

Orlovsky played 10 years in the league, in theory he ought to know what he sees.  I guess my question is, has he actually watched our games and SEEN a ton of RPO, or did he see 1-2 and make the assumption?

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Hmm, Archuleta was slamming the Bills

and Allen for repeatedly snapping the ball

with so much time left on the play clock when up by 10.

It makes more sense now. 

I disagree, the Bills were actually playing aggressively and not sitting on a 10-pt lead with most of the 4th quarter remaining. I’d wager it had zero to do with Daboll calling coverages for him. 

Good god, the conspiracy theories some will reach for around here. 

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

If memory serves me correctly Daboll started out in the booth, when results weren't there he came down to 'hold players accountable' from what I remember mcdermott saying. 

This. He began last season in the booth, then came down to help the rookie. 

At least, that's my memory of it, too.

Maybe fearlessness includes not holding the QB's hand on the sideline on game day?