Was Daboll talking Allen through pre-snap coverages yesterday?

HappyDays

Realistically I hope that isn't the case

Mcvay has stunted Goffs growth as a true QB because he has always made the calls for him

It's easy to defend against too... Just disguise your coverage until under 15 seconds on the clock

You need to be able to see things pre and post snap and be able to recognize them

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Mcvay has stunted Goffs growth as a true QB because he has always made the calls for him

It's easy to defend against too... Just disguise your coverage until under 15 seconds on the clock

You need to be able to see things pre and post snap and be able to recognize them

Unless you go no huddle and snap with 15 seconds left which happened at times yesterday...

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Unless you go no huddle and snap with 15 seconds left which happened at times yesterday...

That can't be the case for an entire season tho .. we aren't the 91 no huddle Bills

And my point was it actually hinders QB development long-term

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

That can't be the case for an entire season tho .. we aren't the 91 no huddle Bills

And my point was it actually hinders QB development long-term

You are probably right, But there is no proof if Daboll was doing that. Now if he helps him some and weens him off as his understanding grows I have no problem with this type of tutoring...

• Like (+1) 3

Here’s an option: let Josh develop in the trajectory you expected him to. I’d prefer no Bellicheat theatrics in this organization. Can it help with a single win against an inferior opponent? Sure! But that’s not the point with Josh. 

Everyone has to be thinking about the long game (a golf reference for the uninitiated)...next year and beyond. 

Edited by TroutDog

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

You are probably right, But there is no proof if Daboll was doing that. Now if he helps him some and weens him off as his understanding grows I have no problem with this type of tutoring...

I have no clue if it happened yesterday and I'm sure there is SOME type of communication

And you're right that we did snap the ball early sometimes in no huddle

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I have no clue if it happened yesterday and I'm sure there is SOME type of communication

And you're right that we did snap the ball early sometimes in no huddle

At first I was upset we were not burning the clock, but then it became apparent when in rhythm, he’s almost unstoppable at times. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Except I’m pretty sure McDaniels/Patsies have been doing this for years too. 

Part of spygate was an allegation they were feeding defensive signals to Brady real-time over an unassigned radio frequency up to the snap. 

Im sure they were doing all of the other stuff too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Except I’m pretty sure McDaniels/Patsies have been doing this for years too. 

Part of spygate was an allegation they were feeding defensive signals to Brady real-time over an unassigned radio frequency up to the snap. 

Im sure they were doing all of the other stuff too. 

Having the actual play signal  vs having a coach trying to read the defense is a bit different

A QB realistically should learn how to breakdown a defense pre snap without needing his coach to help him eventually

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Here’s an option: let Josh develop in the trajectory you expected him to. I’d prefer no Bellicheat theatrics in this organization. Can it help with a single win against an inferior opponent? Sure! But that’s not the point with Josh. 

Or you know, get the Rams to the Super Bowl last year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Its why Goff looks lost out there now...can't read coverages, can't diagnose pre snap reads, etc etc...

Once the DCs took away the gimmick plays and forced Goff to play QB he couldn't do it...he looks terrible out there.

Why.  Wouldn't.  Daboll.

It could be seen as a crutch, but on the other hand, what better training aid is there?

If you noticed Allen's interview today with Murphy and Tasker, they asked him about how long Daboll was talking to him at the LOS and his answer was cagy to say the least.

Edited by BillnutinHouston
  • Awesome! (+1) 1