Interesting DE chart

Reader

The chart below lists various DE's, how often they are double teamed and how often they beat their block in 2.5 seconds or less. Man Garrett's actions is really going to hurt the Browns.

Edited by Reader
Missing word

Right after Garrett made an idiot of himself, I commented that the situation was a great boon to Buffalo's playoff chances.  They beat the Steelers to help keep distance between the Bills and Steelers, and the inevitable suspension would deprive Cleveland of the best pass rusher in the league, something that might cost them 2 or 3 games and make it impossible for them to creep back into Wild Card contention.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

Yes, Interesting to see that Trent Murphy is NOT the worst DE in the league. On here, you'd think he was a non-factor. Apparently he's a concern to opposing teams.

Murphy could receive some double teams bcuz theyre concerned, or in my guess bcuz we're rushing 4 guys & the OLine has to double up someone lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Right after Garrett made an idiot of himself, I commented that the situation was a great boon to Buffalo's playoff chances.  They beat the Steelers to help keep distance between the Bills and Steelers, and the inevitable suspension would deprive Cleveland of the best pass rusher in the league, something that might cost them 2 or 3 games and make it impossible for them to creep back into Wild Card contention.

The Steelers were really starting to worry be only being a game behind and seemingly having a lot of momentum. Hopefully they drop their 7th game soon. The Browns I honestly think are too far gone to get to 9 wins let alone run the table. The Competition for the Wildcard spot is going to come from Indy and The Raiders. I think 10 wins gets you a wildcard spot which if this team bets Denver then gets one of the next 4 they should be set up to have 9 wins going in to the Jets game and possibly 10 if they can go 2-2 in that 4 game stretch. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Steelers were really starting to worry be only being a game behind and seemingly having a lot of momentum. Hopefully they drop their 7th game soon. The Browns I honestly think are too far gone to get to 9 wins let alone run the table. The Competition for the Wildcard spot is going to come from Indy and The Raiders. I think 10 wins gets you a wildcard spot which if this team bets Denver then gets one of the next 4 they should be set up to have 9 wins going in to the Jets game and possibly 10 if they can go 2-2 in that 4 game stretch. 

Ind has Ten, Jax and Hou plus Car, NO, and TB. I think a lot of those games are tossups. I wouldn't be surprised if they go 4-2 or 2-4 with those.

1 minute ago, Reader said:

Ind has Ten, Jax and Hou plus Car, NO, and TB. I think a lot of those games are tossups. I wouldn't be surprised if they go 4-2 or 2-4 with those.

The way I see the playoff picture shaking out is that The Steelers and Browns have an outside shot. Both have easy schedules but the Browns are in a big hole and will have to win out to get to 10 wins so 8-9 wins is more likely. The Steelers are 5-5 but play a super soft schedule so 10 wins is possible but they have to go on a tear to get to 10 wins and the Bills play the Steelers so a bit of control your own destiny in that regard. If the Bills can drop the Steelers and get to 10 wins they should hold a tie breaker. 

The Raiders and Colts both sit at 6-4 and they are the real competition as both could push to 10 wins. I actually look at the Raiders as being more likely to get to 10 wins. Both teams sit at 6-4 but the Colts play tough opponents in the Saints and Texans. The Raiders only tough opponent is the Chiefs. So if I am handicapping the wildcard race I would put the Bills and Raiders in while the Colts and Steelers have an outside shot. 

In the end it is too hard to project these things. Just beat the Broncos this week and see how things shake out at 8-3. 

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Yes, Interesting to see that Trent Murphy is NOT the worst DE in the league. On here, you'd think he was a non-factor. Apparently he's a concern to opposing teams.

Yes that is not unusual that a player who is in doghouse on this board is looked more favorably from outside.

Unless my counting is off there are only 46 players with 32 teams in league.  There must be some sort of other qualifier to get on chart such as number of snaps.

Oh and I am guessing they did not consider zebra on Hughes which means he is always double teamed.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Maybe I'm misreading the chart, but doesn't it show that Murphy draws a double team less than the average DE and that, when he is double teamed, he gets off those blocks slower than the average? That doesn't seem like cause for a vindication post.

Edited by vincec

6 hours ago, vincec said:

Maybe I'm misreading the chart, but doesn't it show that Murphy draws a double team less than the average DE and that, when he is double teamed, he gets off those blocks slower than the average? That doesn't seem like cause for a vindication post.

Look at those around him. Not bad players right there. No, he's not TJ Watt. He's a decent competitive player. Yes, he's in the middle of the pack just below the average among those listed.

In my view that makes Trent a very serviceable DE for us. Not the disaster people make him out to be.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, vincec said:

Vindication for what? For posters who think they know better than the Bills staff on who should be playing?!

22 hours ago, Reader said:

The chart below lists various DE's, how often they are double teamed and how often they beat their block in 2.5 seconds or less. Man Garrett's actions is really going to hurt the Browns.

Why wouldn't they put names next to the guys that I have no clue who the F they are instead of the popular guys that i can recognize by face... lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bongo said:

Watts are pretty cool. One has the highest rate of getting double teamed. The other doesn’t get double teamed like that and so has the highest rate of getting to the QB. 

They are the best in the league at their position, future Hall of Famers

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

On 11/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, Reader said:

It looks like a great find but I wish they'd provide a key or something.  I'm having to work too hard to figure this out.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It looks like a great find but I wish they'd provide a key or something.  I'm having to work too hard to figure this out.

Yeah, it doesn't make it easy. The closer they are two the bottom left the worse they are I think. Murphy below average DE, probably akin to what Kelsay was for us, with Hughes unsurprisingly being above average.