PFF claims Matt Milano has struggled this year

Big Turk

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It can't be that trashy many NFL teams use their data

I remember seeing/reading somewhere that NFL teams don't use their metrics (which are completely arbitrary) that they publish to the public, but the film cut-ups/raw data that they input into their own analysis to reduce the man hours to analyze film

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with PFF he's really struggled at times. Milano, Edmunds, and Oliver have all been bad vs. the run this year. Thankfully we didn't have to worry about that vs. Miami but it's going to get tougher pretty soon vs. teams like Dallas and Baltimore. Hopefully those guys can step up.  

Edited by VW82

58 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I actually think Milano is the big reason our run defense fell apart. 

He was getting swallowed up a lot, and not covering his gaps in the zone scheme.  I get that our d-line needs to prevent clean guys getting through but if he doesn't attack the gap then he's not even muddying it up and letting the guy get to the 2nd level really easily.  

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

@$&€ PFF 

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Milano is struggling to fall out of Pro Bowl contention. He really needs to crap out.

How dare he  for a 5th round pick not to be in the conversation for the pro bowl ??? Everyone in the scouting department needs to go plain & simple 

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He was getting swallowed up a lot, and not covering his gaps in the zone scheme.  I get that our d-line needs to prevent clean guys getting through but if he doesn't attack the gap then he's not even muddying it up and letting the guy get to the 2nd level really easily.  

True and Edmunds too has been very inconsistent getting off blocks but I agree with those who say he has not been 100% physically. When on his game he's clearly playing at a high level and doing exactly what's expected of him in this defence. Plus he's a natural playmaker. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

True and Edmunds too has been very inconsistent getting off blocks but I agree with those who say he has not been 100% physically. When on his game he's clearly playing at a high level and doing exactly what's expected of him in this defence. Plus he's a natural playmaker. 

he was late a few times in coverage this week - but maybe he didnt break it up... he was laying lumber all day tho.

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

@$&€ PFF 

How dare he  for a 5th round pick not to be in the conversation for the pro bowl ??? Everyone in the scouting department needs to go plain & simple 

Well in all honesty I don't think his season justifies that accolade so far but I don't think he's been totally right physically either. When he's on he looks really good to me so if he can play with more consistency I could see him receiving that consideration.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I stopped at PFF.

Pretty much, This.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

The data the NFL teams use is not the rankings they provide to the public.  It's more hard data like snap counts for different players in different situations, situational data, stuff like that.

• Like (+1) 1

Two comments:  1)  After mid-season poor performances, the Bills came on strong the last two seasons.  Let's hope they can do the same this season.  Miami is not a good team, but we played them much better than the 1st time and this one was in their house.  Perhaps the Cleveland game was our wakeup call.  2)  Milano's injury last year was pretty severe and I was surprised how quickly he came back to playing full-time.  I don't think he missed any offseason work, training camp, etc.  When you combine last year's injury, with this year's, it's likely he hasn't been 100% in quite a while.  Maybe he is finally getting back to 100% at the right time.  Weak opponent aside, Milano looked much faster yesterday than he has looked all season, and I don't think he's been too bad this season.  He's a very good player and a huge part of our defense.

• Like (+1) 1