Do you act bi-polar on game day?

Bubba Gump

Nah. The only times I find myself yelling during a game is if I'm at it or if I'm watching with a group of people. Otherwise, I usually watch the games without too much insanity. I get psyched when they do well but don't go doing backflips and such, just a fist pump and a "Yussss!" or "About friggin' time." When they're not doing so hot, it's a bummer, but I'm not gonna let it ruin my day. I realize that despite how good a team is, they'll still give up points to an opponent. I feel like a lot of fans on this board forget that and any time an opponent makes the slightest progress against the Bills it just gives them ammo for their nitpicking like, "Well, yeah, it was good that they won 67-13, BUT, the other team had an 11-play 75-yard drive which was EGREGIOUS and CANNOT HAPPEN EVUURRRRR!!!!" The other team is gonna make plays and it isn't always gonna be someone's fault. Big time passes can be completed even when a DB has perfect technique, it just happens and there's no reason to go throwing remotes across the room because of it. 

Edited by blacklabel

Some games more than others.

If we're getting wrecked (Eagles) I kind of check out. I've learned mistakes early on in the game are usually pretty inconsequential. Allen's misses early on yesterday elicited no response from me.

But take a game like Cleveland last week. I was likely annoying my neighbors with profanity-laced shrieks. Games we should be winning but are full of mistakes just tend to get to me.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes I am but only because this organization has made it feel virtually impossible to be successful! It shouldn’t be this darn hard to be decent once in awhile. So now I sit there waiting for the collapse: Mental mistake, Coaching blunder, Phantom penalty. I’ve seen them all! Now when the game’s over and we win. it feels more like I just got off a roller coaster and I say “is that it? Is it over? Did we survive? Can I open my eyes?” 

i totally agree with this sentiment...I do believe I am closer to tri-polar as I have these giggly moments, mostly during drug ad commercials, where i try to see if I can name all the risks associated with the proffered drug..of course it may be more due to my own garden stuff that gets used, especially on game day

Yes and no.  I definitely have emotional highs and lows during the games and can be loud and vocal, but I have to temper myself because it scares the children.  They make me realize that some things are more important than football, which is a good thing!  That said, football is something I really look forward to and it takes my mind off of some the other challenges of daily life, at least for a few hours a week.

I am lucky because I work from home on Monday mornings when Bills play (3/4/5AM) and can carry on downstairs when we are losing or the stream drops out.

When we lose badly, I find it hard to watch any other games that week. My friends troll me about the losses and it takes a toll.

When we win, all is good. Definitely a rollercoaster.

The real dichotomy is in how I view it.   Watching at home on TV I am very stressed and easily provoked to anger to the point where I upset family members who are within earshot.  Watching at New Era I am much calmer.  It's like the emotions of the crowd help bear the burden.  When things go badly, I just leave the stadium early because I do not need to see my team fail once I figure out that's the inevitable outcome.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Rubes said:

But when they give you a little taste of success, it just makes it so much harder.

That's it.

The better you are, the more the losses hurt. Especially the ones that you are expected to win easily. I will put a hole in the wall

I live and die on each play, and share my feelings in the GDT when I'm able.  My current trigger is anything Daboll.  I still blame him for his 80/20 pass/run mix against the Browns, and abandoning the run early against the Eagles, but he did a much better job yesterday (I even had to [gag] give him a gameball).  But then Motor fumbled twice and rode the pine for much of the 2nd half.  I hope he stays the course and goes back to Motor against the Broncos.  I don't want to lose a third game to a sub-500 team.

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Is there a way to tweak the title?

Edit your initial post to edit the title.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Unfortunately, your fandom doesn't go back far enough to incorporate truly great Bills teams.

It wasn't always like this!  We used to be good enough to absolutely hammer bad teams and all this up and down stuff didn't exist, at least in a lot of games.

Dare I say a lot of the winning during the Super Bowl years was almost boring.  We were expected to come out and annihilate, say, the Jets on a given Sunday, by the end of the first quarter we were ahead 21-0, the game was never in doubt, and we ended up winning an easy blow out.

Fact of the matter is the team hasn't been good enough to decisively win many games in the last 20 years.   A few here and there, sure, but not many.

I've been a fan since the 70's, so I was around for the good teams. I was just referring to how miserable the last 20 years have been. I didn't start acting bi-polar until recently, lol.