People in search of that elite #1 WR

Just now, billieve420 said:

I think Allen has a solid group around him. However needs that elite player that takes the pressure off the other players and opens up the offense.

We need speed. They're definitely looking for speed outside. I still think Foster can be that guy. He's just not the route runner they want him to be yet.

This is a team where it would make sense to target a DE/WR/OL  and move up to get them to complete your team and give them that piece they need to really make a mark on the post season

The year the Bills did that to go get Watkins scratch my head even thought the management thought the team was in the position.

29 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Something like a Duke Williams who has been riding the pine while Daboll rolls out the speedy Smurf corps.

Would love to know what the deal is with that because he seemed like he was developing some chemistry with Allen and was throwing great downfield blocks. Then it was healthy scratch, healthy scratch, healthy scratch...

Did he take a dump on Daboll's desk?

Duke injured his shoulder October 20th vs Miami & was sat out of practice & then a limited participant since. 

Thats what made him inactive Week 7 & 8. But now that he's healthy, we've been going with the speedy guys for more jet sweeps & stuff like that.

I have to think he gets activated at some point during this stretch coming up. If he doesn't, i'll take a dump on Daboll's desk & post the picture here on TBD

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Different ways.  I personally would go with say Higgins.

Brown/Higgins- Outside

Beasley - Slot

Knox - TE

That is a legit  wide Offense.

Us the UFA to go and buy your pass rush. (granted it is early but much better options here than in the draft or WR options with the likes of 

Clowney

Ansah

Ngakoue

Lawson

Also some Nice DEs with the 2nd rd round grade in draft too.

Way to early to be talking about this, but a nice Stud WR will help Allen and the offense more than not.  Heck tell m a DK Metcalf or a Courtland Sutton (Both future elite WRs) would not be legit

Next to zero chance Clowneu hits FA

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We need speed. They're definitely looking for speed outside. I still think Foster can be that guy. He's just not the route runner they want him to be yet.

I won't disagree with the profile, but we have speed.

I think it is or should also be a matter of route discipline and where Josh is as a QB. A good route runner creates separation with quickness in and out of his breaks, but that also requires Allen to throw it right before he comes out of his breaks to take advantage of the separation before a DB recovers.

Allen has gotten better with that, but is not quite there with the consistency. That may be the reason Daboll has preferred to use guys who can create more separation that Allen can visually confirm rather than guys who can catch contested throws into tight windows.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Next to zero chance Clowneu hits FA

not sure of their cap situation there. But likely he doesn’t. Just like Cooper likely doesn’t either. That is why I say go into the draft for your top end WR

• Like (+1) 1

I think there’s a major gap between Brown & Beasley. Zay obviously wasn’t the answer. Duke Williams hasn’t been terrible but to me isn’t the answer. He’s too slow to do the things they want to do to run such a multiple offensive scheme. And McKenzie is a great little gadget guy, and solid backup for the slot position, but they need another outside guy big time. Foster is not the answer out there that many of us hoped either. Whether 1st or 2nd Round, or free agency or trade, I do believe it’s a position that must be addressed. 

Right now you can double John Brown, throw another corner on Beasley, and we can be stopped. 

Knox and Singletary are nice options, but they’re still too early in their development, and we need someone who can work the outside of the field, spread the defense horizontally opposite Brown.