Our schedule next year will be BRUTAL. A plead for patience with the "4 year plan".

ThurmasThoman

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

If you are good NONE of that Matters.  Also one of those games gonna go with the Cardinals are likely to be played in London.

It matters plenty. Long road trips are tough on a team.

18 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

There were plenty of posts several months back about how tough the 2019 schedule looked.

Not really. The schedule looked like a cakewalk from Day One.. It only got easier.

• Like (+1) 1

I look at next years schedule potential, as "i dont care that our schedule is easy this year." Get everybody in that locker room some playoff experience, and maybe we are better prepared to be one of those elite teams. As somebody said, "i'm on to denver 2019"

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It matters plenty. Long road trips are tough on a team.

Not really. The schedule looked like a cakewalk from Day One.. It only got easier.

East teams going west for the 4 o’clock game is much easier because their Routine can stay the same. West teams coming East has their routine accelerated by 3 hours 

4 minutes ago, theAteam said:

It's going to be an absolute gauntlet, but it's also going to be a gauntlet for the other teams in our division. Maybe 10-6 wins the division next year if the Patriots continue to decline.

If the Pats truly fall back to earth 9-7 may win the division if the schedule truly is tough.  If what is predicted is true I see 6 probable losses to start.

53 minutes ago, McBean said:

Every year “schedule is going to be tough!”

Season arrives....

”Schedule isn’t too bad! Looks weaker than we thought.”

37 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I remember when the Bills schedule came out last year, everyone was saying how tough it looked.   This happens every year.

You can’t predict how teams are going to be 1 year in advance 

Nah, most of us thought it looked easy.  I even started a thread about how I couldn't talk myself out of at least 10-6 for this team based largely upon the schedule.

It's absolutely true that you can't know anything for sure about the schedule until the games are happening. But when this gets (correctly) used as a response to people who worry about a schedule in April, it (like all other stances) inevitably goes further than it logically should, because you absolutely CAN have SOME idea for how tough a schedule can be beforehand. The board consensus about this year's schedule began before last season was over, and was largely correct. Because while some teams are surprises, MOST teams follow typical positive or negative developmental paths, give or take a couple of wins. Which is why we have concepts of rebuilds and declining contenders in our heads in the first place. 

Even if the teams were bad, lining up two western divisions is tough for travel purposes, it is logical and likely statistically demonstrable that cross country games are harder than ones nearby, all else equal. Adding the fact that the Seahawks, 49ers, Chiefs don't look to be falling off any time soon, and most of the other teams aren't jokes, and the fact that we'll have a 2nd place schedule, it's completely reasonable to suggest that we'll have a tougher road next year, especially compared to this one.

Edited by arcane

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Every year people talk about the schedule being tough.  Every year things change in the off season and during the season where teams either fall off or improve.  

Did you bother to even read the post beyond the title, probably not.

Here spelled out for you, quoting his post,

" am not saying that our schedule will be tough because of WHO we are playing, but because of WHERE we will be playing. West coast road games are hard."

We are going to have to travel to the west coast 4 times next year, and a possible game in London.  THAT is in fact a tough schedule.

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

No matter if the teams are good or not, the travel will be pretty brutal. But no excuses as all the afc east teams will have to do it.

Exactly, it is truly stunning how so many people responded without either reading the post or failing in simple reading comprehension.

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did you bother to even read the post beyond the title, probably not.

Here spelled out for you, quoting his post,

" am not saying that our schedule will be tough because of WHO we are playing, but because of WHERE we will be playing. West coast road games are hard."

We are going to have to travel to the west coast 4 times next year, and a possible game in London.  THAT is in fact a tough schedule.

Exactly, it is truly stunning how so many people responded without either reading the post or failing in simple reading comprehension.

I read it.  Read the second paragraph where he gets into how difficult the teams will be.  Anytime a poster starts out with "I am not saying", it's a fairly reliable indication that it is, in fact, what they are saying.

My point is simple:  you can't predict what will happen between now and then.  And travel is harder for teams going west to east than east to west anyway.  Plus you can't do a damn thing about it regardless.

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I hope the Cardinals game isn't in London.  I live in Phoenix and many of us out here have been looking forward to the Bills return.  The last time they were here, Fitz led a OT victory in a very sloppy game that neither team seemed to want to win.  The Buffalo ex-pats took the tailgating to the next level and we had a ball.

As to the schedule, outside of this year, the Bills have a tough schedule every year.  I agree that for good teams, the schedule doesn't matter as much.  Also, the schedule can be deceiving.  Teams that project to be good can be terrible and teams that project to be terrible can be pretty good.  The AFC West is a good example.  The Chiefs were supposed to be 14-2 and roll through the league, and are doing OK, but not world beaters.  The Chargers were also supposed to be very good and are not.  The Raiders were supposed to be terrible and are actually pretty decent and the Broncos were supposed to be decent (not great) and are terrible.  So you never know. 

I will admit that the easier start to the schedule this year has really helped the Bills and was very timely for a young team with a developing QB learning how to win.  Let's hope it pays dividends for the future.

I hope not either. Going to Arizona for a Bills game is great. The Wild West Bills Backers are a great group and have had good gatherings in the past. I definitely want to be there for it.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

wonder how much tickets will be for the Vegas game? Man o man, pretty sure i will be sitting the "Mafia" trip out, as not a huge fan of vegas to begin with. My guess is decent seats will be at leat $400 per, good seats $600 per, and lousy seats will be $280 or so. No thanks

Yeah, it'll be a rip off. That's not counting what the hotels will charge.

Come to San Francisco(Santa Clara). I'll be hosting a couple of parties for Bills fans that weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

Next season, the planets will align just right for the AFC East and create a once-every-12-years schedule that is going to be an epic slog.

The teams in the AFC East will play the team in the NFC and AFC west, guaranteeing at least 4 trips to the west coast--and depending on where Houston finishes in the south, a possible extra trip to Houston for one of the AFC East teams.

This is to say nothing of the fact that the 49ers, Seahawks and Chiefs all look great, while the Cardinals, Rams, Chargers and Raiders all seem dangerous. The Broncos seem to be the only dog in the bunch, but for Buffalo, it will be a trip to Mile High--never an easy win.

The last time the scheduling rotation put the AFC East in this position, the Dolphins won the division at 11-5, and the Patriots failed to make the playoffs (granted, Brady wasn't under center that season due to an injury.) 

I know we're all looking towards next year as the year when all of the pieces fall into place and the Bills begin their epic run of dominance... but it might be best to exercise some patience here. It's hard to see ANY team in the AFC east surpassing that 11 win benchmark from 2008.

Edit to include 2 points:

1. I am not saying that our schedule will be tough because of WHO we are playing, but because of WHERE we will be playing. West coast road games are hard.

2. Despite that, if we are going to say that based on this year's record, next years Bills team SHOULD be good, then we can also say that based on this year's record, next years Chiefs, Raiders, Seahawks, 49ers and Rams teams SHOULD also be good.

Hopefully next year, the Bills will be in position to take the AFC East from the Patriots.

That would give the team another potential way into the playoffs, and put them on the same footing as the other teams in the division.

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

is it still up in the air whether the new stadium will be ready or not?  I thought that was finalized

The 2020 NFL Draft will be in Las Vegas.

They wouldn't be having it there if they didn't think the stadium would be ready for next season.

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Every year people talk about the schedule being tough.  Every year things change in the off season and during the season where teams either fall off or improve.  

This is at least somewhat true. One might have expected the Rams to be a juggernaut this season, but they have greatly disappointed.  That happens every year for some of the teams in the NFL.