Did anyone else notice how chippy and chatty Miami's D was?

eball

It struck me as a bit odd yesterday that the Fish defenders seemed to be very vocal and demonstrative, even after routine plays.  They were jawing non-stop, flexing their muscles, and it was kind of funny since the Bills pretty much had their way with them.

Am I alone in noticing that?

1 minute ago, eball said:

It struck me as a bit odd yesterday that the Fish defenders seemed to be very vocal and demonstrative, even after routine plays.  They were jawing non-stop, flexing their muscles, and it was kind of funny since the Bills pretty much had their way with them.

Coaching.. that’s how Flores wants his D to be, he wants them edgy and hard even if they don’t play wel he wants them pushing to the end.. he is trying change a culture down there.. doing a pretty good job with some pretty bad players

• Like (+1) 2

It does seem this team (no matter how devoid in talent) are buying in and playing hard for Flores, so that is a good sign in terms of coaching down in MIA.  

MIA recent history is teams that are checked out later in the season when they have a bad record, Flores seems to have them still playing hard in a very easy season for them to check out in.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

I guess there were a few moments where they were getting into it a bit, but definitely not chippy this was honestly the best behaved I've seen them in the last two years. Wilkins managed to not get ejected for taking a swing at someone on the first series.

Edited by Warcodered

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I noticed they were getting into it with Singleterry after lost of his runs. I don't know if the plan was to try and intimidate him more, maybe because of his size, but they did appear to be trying to push him around and get in his head.

prob a good theory.  But I'd imagine this has happened to Singletary since HS and it's unlikely to effect him.  

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

It does seem this team (no matter how devoid in talent) are buying in and playing hard for Flores, so that is a good sign in terms of coaching down in MIA.  

MIA recent history is teams that are checked out later in the season when they have a bad record, Flores seems to have them still playing hard in a very easy season for them to check out in.

this is a very good point.  They seem to be playing better as the season goes on.  Flores has done a good job with a team that is missing talent in key areas.  

1 hour ago, eball said:

Not alone. I thought Kiko was still out there.

They're playing hard for Flores and I don't think they were very happy w/how businesslike the Bills handled them Sunday. I didn't see much emotion after Bills TDs, looked to me like they were just there to take home the W and I think that attitude rubbed Fins the wrong way. I thought it was great.

1 hour ago, r00tabaga said:

#15 WR had two late, pretty routine catches & celebrated both times like he just made the play of the game.  Lol 

#scoreboard

What was with that push celebration thing?

Dude, you made an 8-yard catch and you're losing by 2+ TDs. Calm down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

#15 WR had two late, pretty routine catches & celebrated both times like he just made the play of the game.  Lol 

#scoreboard

I think one went for a first down so naturally that calls for a big celebration, especially when you're down by 17. I've always thought that players who celebrate in those situations are lame. 

But yeah, Flores seems to have most of his guys playing hard. #47 on defense was a chode, made like one TFL and just kept flexing, like, shaddap, sit down. This is a team full of low-tier players trying to put good performances on tape so they can make it either with Miami or somewhere else. This is why Fitz is a perfect guy to have in their current situation. Dude's a gamer, he doesn't care what the record is, he doesn't care who he's playing, he's gonna ball out as best he can every time. On top of that he's smart as heck, works hard, and is just an all-around good dude to have on a team. Those young players will hopefully see that and pick up on his habits and such. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Yeah, 47 flexed after every tackle.  They are terrible but I guess they play hard. I knew like 2 of their defensive players.