Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd argue us beating the Cowboys would be way more important if you give a damn about public perception.  We need to win this game because ten wins will pry guarantee a playoff spot.  We'll be underdogs in our next four.  If we can only get to nine then this Denver game could be huge in terms of tiebreakers.  Then when we beat the Texans, Colts, or Chiefs in the Wild Card round we'll get national respect.

lol underdogs against the Mason Rudolph led Steelers, nope.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

lol underdogs against the Mason Rudolph led Steelers, nope.

The game is in Pitt so I expect the Bills to be slight underdogs. My guess is Pitt -3 but it is a game that is very winnable. I have no doubt the Bills D will cause problems for the Steelers. How Allen and the offense do against a tough Steelers defense will be the key. Of course turnovers and special teams play also play a part like they do in every game.

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

dont know why you are "lol"ing....games in Pitt, vegas hates the bills, I would expect to be the underdog in that game (unless we beat denver and dallas both)

I completely disagree that the Bills will be an underdog to the Mason Rudolph led Steelers. That's why I am "lol"ing, not sure why you didn't catch that.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

I completely disagree that the Bills will be an underdog to the Mason Rudolph led Steelers. That's why I am "lol"ing, not sure why you didn't catch that.

right and im telling you that you are wrong in your assessment, so theres nothing to catch. Game is still a month away but weve been under dogs in worse games, we will be underdogs in that game unless we beat both the broncos and cowboys (or ravens instead, but that aint happening). 

We will likely be underdogs to the steelers. 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

right and im telling you that you are wrong in your assessment, so theres nothing to catch. Game is still a month away but weve been under dogs in worse games, we will be underdogs in that game unless we beat both the broncos and cowboys (or ravens instead, but that aint happening). 

We will likely be underdogs to the steelers. 

After this week the only game the Bills will be favored in is the Jets game.

25 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

dont know why you are "lol"ing....games in Pitt, vegas hates the bills, I would expect to be the underdog in that game (unless we beat denver and dallas both)

Vegas doesnt hate the Bills. It only cares about money. PEOPLE hate & disrespect the Bills. So they set lines.

Obviously you know this, just saying...

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

while I don't share your opinion of this weeks predicted outcome, if we lose to the broncos then yes your assessment would be correct 

I do think the Bills will win this week in a close game but even at 8-3 they will not be favored in the next 4 weeks.

I thought last Sunday Josh did a better job making post snap reads and adjusting to pressure.  Yes, it was Miami, but it was also an improvement over Buffalo's first game with Miami this season.  Daboll will be sure to game plan for the pressure Denver will bring.  I expect a tough game, but I think Buffalo has the resources to pull off a win.

Weather wise - it's still looking like cool, but not freezing, and breezy, but precipitation free during the game.  So, weather should not be a huge factor.

Just now, Fan in San Diego said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this. 

Daboll was up in the booth for the Miami game. Could this be a reason for the sharp improvement?

Nope, never mentioned on this board.

It was a total surprise.

?

• Haha (+1) 5

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Kyle Brandt made an interesting point on GMFB. He mentioned that this is a game the Bills HAVE TO win going into Thanksgiving. Nobody watches the Buffalo Bills! Not one Primetime Game this year. Not one 4pm start this year at home. They are 7-3 and we've all heard the pundits and naysayers comment on their schedule and the beating of the bottom dwellers. They CANNOT go into Thanksgiving where the whole nation will be watching wondering if the Bills are for real or a sham. They can't afford to lost to a 3-7 team before a game that is nationally televised and expect to be taken seriously.  I gotta admit, I kinda agree.....

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019112401/2019/REG12/broncos@bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019112401

I mean if we lose this game playoffs are finished tbh. most important game of the season. 

and it really would look bad on this coaching staff if we can't beat a 3-7 team with a mediocre QB in a must win game

A few thoughts on the offensive gameplan for Sunday:

- Need to bring the jet sweep back for this game and freeze Miller/their LBs...Bills averaged over 6 yards per play against Washington using the jet sweep and although the rest of that team is awful, they have a stout front 7 like the Broncos. Running up-tempo like we did vs. Miami should fatigue their huge D-line as well, the Vikings used this successfully to dominate that second half on Sunday. 

- Would love to see a few bootlegs and lots of play action as well to keep Fangio's defense guessing and take advantage of the Denver CBs not named Chris Harris Jr. Devontae Harris and Duke Dawson are huge weak links on that defense, we need to pick on them relentlessly (like other teams have picked on Wallace) and target Beasley more in particular.

- Doubt it happens, but hoping that Duke Williams/Foster/McKenzie are all active on Sunday (surely there is a depth player at another position that could sit?). Duke gives us a size element that we have been missing, Foster's deep speed needs to be respected even if we haven't hit many deep passes this year, and McKenzie is our jet sweep/gadget play guy. 

- Instead of going heavy and bringing in Lee Smith, could we use Knox to help chip Miller on a handful of plays and then slip out on a TE screen? He has the athleticism to make this type of play work and we should look for ways to use Denver's aggressiveness/pass rush against them. Daboll doesn't seem to think we have the players to be a screen team though...

Just one guy's opinion, but we can't 'out-muscle' this defense in the trenches. However, run up-tempo, keep the defense spread out with mostly 3 or even 4 WR sets, and give their LBs/edge players a lot of distraction that they have to react to = a Bills win and our best start through 11 games since the 90s. Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2