Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That’s good to hear, I didn’t actually get to see that one, I was picking up the pizza at Bocce. I had to get one for the game since I was back in Buffalo. 

This is gonna sound like blasphemy, but I had some Santora's pizza while I was up there last, and I liked it better than Bocce.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

I wonder if Denver’s heart was finally ripped out with the devastating loss to Minnesota and they are mentally beaten, which means they could easily be a no show coming into WNY this week.

We shall see.

There's the whole west to east thing, too. They'll have pulled a lot of travel with the trip to Minnesota the week before.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

There's the whole west to east thing, too. They'll have pulled a lot of travel with the trip to Minnesota the week before.

I don’t really know about the traveling part, but losing the way they have and being virtually eliminated from playoff contention...........

might not have Denver motivated to play this game at all. 

I could be wrong, OF COURSE.

....Daboll take notice....he smoked the Broncos to add to his season tally......

Cousins excelling at play-action has opened offense

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Oct. 24, 2019 at 08:30 a.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 24, 2019 at 10:25 a.m. 

Kirk Cousins heads to prime time, a place where he's struggled to shine or help his team victories.

The Vikings QB is coming off the best three-game stretch of his career, becoming the first player in NFL history to record 300-plus pass yards and a 135-plus passer rating in three straight games, per NFL Research.

Part of Cousins' improving play in recent weeks has been a better use of play-action to open up easy completions and take deep shots. With defenses fearing Dalvin Cook and the run game, play-action passes make life easier on Cousins, give him a beat more time, and keep him in rhythm.

The results speak for themselves.

The Vikings QB has used play-action on 35.7 percent of dropbacks, second-highest in NFL, per Pro Football Focus. On those passes, Cousins has eight touchdowns, one interceptions, and a 140.2 passer rating on play-action in 2019. His TD throws and passer rating rank first among 34 qualifying QBs on play-action passes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068942/article/cousins-excelling-at-playaction-has-opened-offense

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I don’t really know about the traveling part, but losing the way they have and being virtually eliminated from playoff contention...........

might not have Denver motivated to play this game at all. 

I could be wrong, OF COURSE.

After a tough loss the Bills would benefit from taking it to them early on. They have doubts make those doubts come true. Get after the young QB, create a rabid crowd, score points. 

Lets go!!!!!!

One of our local radio guys is (randomly) a huge Vikings fan. He said that the Vikes on a short week after a huge win over the cowboys on SNF, and headed into a Bye week and then another huge game vs Seattle, were not fully focused on the 3-win broncos similar to what happened when the Bills came in last year. They woke up in the 2nd half and disposed of them. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I wonder if Denver’s heart was finally ripped out with the devastating loss to Minnesota and they are mentally beaten, which means they could easily be a no show coming into WNY this week.

We shall see.

Talk out here in Colorado about the Broncos/Bills goes like this.

Talk has started about 2020 draft position.

Everyone is awaiting Drew Lock coming back (probably the last 4 games).  Slim chance he dresses against the Bills.

Denver D has a hard time with up tempo play.

Bills at home is always a tough game for Denver.

FWIW

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

look at Kyler Murray this season. if his team was slightly better they would have beat the 49ers yesterday.  he is probably going to be the next Russell Wilson. 

Yea let's look at Kyler Murray:  The 2018 Heisman Trophy winner and #1 pick in the 2019 NFL draft blessed with a head coach who is utilizing almost the exact same offense Murray ran in college has started strong.  I wish you could see my shocked face. 

As for yesterday's game the Arizona offense is surprising NFL defenses much like the Baltimore offense is.  It's not shocking that yesterday the Cards "air-raid" O got off to a fast start and jumped in front of the 49's 16 - 0.  After that it was all SF as they blew out Arizona 36 - 16!

The proof of the pudding with both Arizona AND Baltimore's offenses is how they hold up over the long term when NFL defensive coordinators have caught up and teams in their own divisions have altered their D personnel to better match up.