Which receiver best fits our scheme

Dkollidas

On 11/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, whatdrought said:

I think we're going to be looking in the second tier based on position: Higgins, Shenault, Jefferson, and then some other guys who may rise. I like Higgins as I like his jump ball skills.. Not sure if Shenault can do that or not as I don't know that he's been asked to much? (I could be wrong on that though) Shenault is great for his versatility and I think Daboll would have fun with him like he uses McKenzie. Ruggs doesn't bring the size that we need, but damn if his speed wouldn't be fun... 

There's also some great later round guys who intrigue me: Micheal Pittman Jr., Taylor Johnson, Chase Claypool. Not that I want to wait, but this is a really really good draft at WR. 

I agree with you. There will be some really good receivers available in rounds two and three. I believe defensive end will be Bills top priority in the first round. There will also be some good FA receivers available which could help shape the draft priorities.

Is a big bodied WR really a huge need? I mean, we have Knox for that. Seems like Allen does better with speed guys. Quickness and acceleration creates separation and bigger windows. It seems to me that the 6’5 4.4 WRs never make it out of the top 10. They’re unicorns. Much of the time you’d be hard pressed to find a single one in the draft. If we want another big bodied receiver I’d look towards drafting another TE so we can run two TE sets like New England did with Gronk and Hernandez. This also creates more opportunities in the running game for Singletary as there is more bigger bodies on the field to block. Regardless, let’s not get caught up in the height of these prospects. If a smaller guy can ball, give me speed every day, all day.

My guys are Tee Higgins and Laviska Shenault. Think about this...Lamb and Jeudy will most likely be gone. Ruggs is basically John Brown in terms of what he can do on the field and his skill set.

Higgins is a big dude that has played on the biggest stages and produced. He’s a big possession receiver that runs good routes and is deceptively fast. We don’t currently have a guy like that. Put him opposite Brown with Cole in the slot and look out. 

Shenault is very versatile, but still a go get it type of receiver. He’s very physical and that would also go great opposite Brown. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 9:06 AM, whorlnut said:

My guys are Tee Higgins and Laviska Shenault. Think about this...Lamb and Jeudy will most likely be gone. Ruggs is basically John Brown in terms of what he can do on the field and his skill set.

Higgins is a big dude that has played on the biggest stages and produced. He’s a big possession receiver that runs good routes and is deceptively fast. We don’t currently have a guy like that. Put him opposite Brown with Cole in the slot and look out. 

Shenault is very versatile, but still a go get it type of receiver. He’s very physical and that would also go great opposite Brown. 

Shenault would allow for a lot of versatility with base personnel. Everything from running all of McKenzies gadget plays to motioning to the backfield from 5 wide sets. I could see Daboll banging the table for that skill set. 

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

What makes you like Ruggs more than Davonta Smith?

I'm not trying to argue, just curious.

Mainly the speed. Ruggs speed is truly elite. He might be the one guy Allen can’t out throw, but I would put Devonta Smith right there with Jefferson as well. I think Jefferson helped his stock a lot against Oklahoma and he will do the same again when LSU plays in the championship as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Mainly the speed. Ruggs speed is truly elite. He might be the one guy Allen can’t out throw, but I would put Devonta Smith right there with Jefferson as well. I think Jefferson helped his stock a lot against Oklahoma and he will do the same again when LSU plays in the championship as well. 

Davonta gets open on almost every play and makes lots of catches while fully extended. Ruggs is probably the fastest kid in college.

I would love for the Bills to have a choice between those two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.