Which receiver best fits our scheme

Dkollidas

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

There is zero doubt that Davonta's stock has risen. 

Most of the mocks I have seen list Ruggs as being selected before Smith.

I happen to think that Davonta will go first.

I'm suggesting there are SERIOUS rumblings that one, if not both, come back to Bama next season. (Ruggs injury Wednesday may change his perspective a bit, however). 

1 minute ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

I'm suggesting there are SERIOUS rumblings that one, if not both, come back to Bama next season. (Ruggs injury Wednesday may change his perspective a bit, however). 

Nothing would make me happier but I can't picture them returning to the Tide. With Waddle being a year older, the receiving corps would be awesome yet again. I like this kid Metchie.

I know it is early but Bryce Young reminds me of Kyler Murray. They also have a commitment from a monster OLB/pass rusher Chris Braswell.  Now they need a nose! 

45 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Nothing would make me happier but I can't picture them returning to the Tide. With Waddle being a year older, the receiving corps would be awesome yet again. I like this kid Metchie.

I know it is early but Bryce Young reminds me of Kyler Murray. They also have a commitment from a monster OLB/pass rusher Chris Braswell.  Now they need a nose! 

I would have agreed with you a month ago. Situations are fluid, obviously. But, I know someone down there and there is lots of optimism regarding most of the draft eligible juniors coming back (the thought is 4 could be all that go early).

The DL still has a long way to go. Outside Barmore, there's not a lot of ELITE talent there. Getting Ray and Dale back will help, but there have been some misses in recruiting on the DL. I would like to see them bring Bo Davis back as DL coach. That would provide an immediate impact, both on the field, and in recruiting.

The staff thinks this class of LBers will be the best they've EVER had. Braswell, Kennedy, Robinson, Sanders, and Bratton (although I personally think Bratton ends up at TE). LB depth won't be the issue it was this season!

We'll be fine at WR. Metchie is a future star, and Tyrell Shavers is 6'6" and is going to have a big role going forward, IMO. Bryce Young is special, although, Mac Jones is going to push for that starters job (and that assumes Tua isn't back, which is 50/50 right now). He was REALLY good since becoming the starter, against a couple of pretty good defenses. 

For all those "Bama's dynasty is dead" folks, I'm afraid y'all are going to be disappointed. We ain't going anywhere....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

I would have agreed with you a month ago. Situations are fluid, obviously. But, I know someone down there and there is lots of optimism regarding most of the draft eligible juniors coming back (the thought is 4 could be all that go early).

The DL still has a long way to go. Outside Barmore, there's not a lot of ELITE talent there. Getting Ray and Dale back will help, but there have been some misses in recruiting on the DL. I would like to see them bring Bo Davis back as DL coach. That would provide an immediate impact, both on the field, and in recruiting.

The staff thinks this class of LBers will be the best they've EVER had. Braswell, Kennedy, Robinson, Sanders, and Bratton (although I personally think Bratton ends up at TE). LB depth won't be the issue it was this season!

We'll be fine at WR. Metchie is a future star, and Tyrell Shavers is 6'6" and is going to have a big role going forward, IMO. Bryce Young is special, although, Mac Jones is going to push for that starters job (and that assumes Tua isn't back, which is 50/50 right now). He was REALLY good since becoming the starter, against a couple of pretty good defenses. 

For all those "Bama's dynasty is dead" folks, I'm afraid y'all are going to be disappointed. We ain't going anywhere....

And to those "SEC is no longer dominant" folks, the bowl results say otherwise, even if LSU loses (which I happen to think that they will). The advantage Clemson holds at Head Coach should be too much for LSU to overcome.

JMO.

15 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

And to those "SEC is no longer dominant" folks, the bowl results say otherwise, even if LSU loses (which I happen to think that they will). The advantage Clemson holds at Head Coach should be too much for LSU to overcome.

JMO.

I think LSU is going to mash them, offenses are even but LSU D is way better than Clemson.

On 1/4/2020 at 5:31 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think LSU is going to mash them, offenses are even but LSU D is way better than Clemson.

Clemson has the #2 defense in FBS. LSU is #29. LSU has played better defense lately than they did most of the year, but can’t see it is “way better” than Clemson. I think LSU will still put up points but it won’t be the sieve that was presented last week by OU. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Clemson has the #2 defense in FBS. LSU is #29. LSU has played better defense lately than they did most of the year, but can’t see it is “way better” than Clemson. I think LSU will still put up points but it won’t be the sieve that was presented last week by OU. 

I could be ranked second in defense in the ACC

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I could be ranked second in defense in the ACC

Played pretty well against Ohio state (when they had to). I’m rooting for LSU and i think that they win, but there’s no evidence to me at this point that their defense is way better than Clemson’s. They are both just really good teams, Clemson has been more balanced all year though. Extremely well coached on both sides. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Played pretty well against Ohio state (when they had to). I’m rooting for LSU and i think that they win, but there’s no evidence to me at this point that their defense is way better than Clemson’s. They are both just really good teams, Clemson has been more balanced all year though. Extremely well coached on both sides. 

i think LSU wins too, just look better to me.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.