Which receiver best fits our scheme

Dkollidas

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I would say to exclude Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs, just bc I doubt they’ll be available when we pick.

But I wonder specifically about Higgins & Shenault as they’re the two 1st round caliber receivers most likely to be available when we draft. 

Really hard to say who they will pick but i like Shenault 's talent.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Really hard to say who they will pick but i like Shenault 's talent.

I think he fits our scheme better. He’s played as a wildcat QB, running back, in the slot, outside, etc. basically everywhere. He’s also 6’2” 215-220. He’s elusive yet big, and Daboll wants a scheme that can be very multiple, so he’d be s great addition to that I believe. Depending who you play each week you can line him up differently to try to attack the opponents weakness. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

I think he fits our scheme better. He’s played as a wildcat QB, running back, in the slot, outside, etc. basically everywhere. He’s also 6’2” 215-220. He’s elusive yet big, and Daboll wants a scheme that can be very multiple, so he’d be s great addition to that I believe. Depending who you play each week you can line him up differently to try to attack the opponents weakness. 

Sounds like a plan ?

9 hours ago, the skycap said:

CeeDee Lamb!! He's a throw it up and get it guy. 

He would be great, but I don't see the Bills having a realistic chance of drafting him.

I love Tee Higgins, and can only imagine what he would bring to us.

Another intriguing receiver is Justin Jefferson from Louisiana State.

• Like (+1) 1

Davonta Smith is tall, has great moves, is quick (not blazing speed), and catches virtually anything near him. I suspect that he might even go before Ruggs because Davonta is just that good.

Having said that, Ruggs is probably one of the fastest men in the world. He is probably MUCH faster than Foster and I am being serious. Allen has the arm to reach him too.

I would be fine with either.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ceedee Lamb is a deondre Hopkins type which I think would an ideal fit

All the mocks have him gone before the Bills pick. I'd love to have him, but if he's gone I'm taking Jonathan Taylor in the first and Jalen Reagor in the 2nd. Reagor is a speedster that high points passes and plucks them out the air. I know everybody is high on Motor, but Taylor is SPECIAL and the combo would benefit the offense and Allen

• Like (+1) 1

Just my point of view i see two true number 1 recievers in the first round thats Jeudy and Lamb. Jeudy is in the mold of Amari Cooper,Keenan Allen,Adam Theilen route technicians rac up catch after catch with the chance to break one here and there. Lamb is in the mold of Julio,AJ Green, little bit of hopkins, he will out run out jump and just out man a CB he is a highlight waiting to happen. Whenever he gets the ball there is a chance he scores

• Like (+1) 1

I think we're going to be looking in the second tier based on position: Higgins, Shenault, Jefferson, and then some other guys who may rise. I like Higgins as I like his jump ball skills.. Not sure if Shenault can do that or not as I don't know that he's been asked to much? (I could be wrong on that though) Shenault is great for his versatility and I think Daboll would have fun with him like he uses McKenzie. Ruggs doesn't bring the size that we need, but damn if his speed wouldn't be fun... 

There's also some great later round guys who intrigue me: Micheal Pittman Jr., Taylor Johnson, Chase Claypool. Not that I want to wait, but this is a really really good draft at WR. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

Also, I've seen just about every mock draft right now giving Henry Ruggs to the Raiders... 

Imagine this offensive skill group:

RB- Josh Jacobs

TE- Darren Waller

WR- Tyrell Williams

WR- Henry Ruggs

Slot- Hunter Renfrow

Sprinkle in one of the best offensive lines in football, and Derek Carr playing pretty good football, and that is scary. 

14 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think we're going to be looking in the second tier based on position: Higgins, Shenault, Jefferson, and then some other guys who may rise. I like Higgins as I like his jump ball skills.. Not sure if Shenault can do that or not as I don't know that he's been asked to much? (I could be wrong on that though) Shenault is great for his versatility and I think Daboll would have fun with him like he uses McKenzie. Ruggs doesn't bring the size that we need, but damn if his speed wouldn't be fun... 

There's also some great later round guys who intrigue me: Micheal Pittman Jr., Taylor Johnson, Chase Claypool. Not that I want to wait, but this is a really really good draft at WR. 

Tyler Johnson is 6"2 and rated the best route runner outside of Jeudy. He's the guy i would target in R2 and take a DE in R1. Another option worth considering is FA. Marvin Jones is tied for 1st in NFL with 8 TDs. Golladay is also FA but i would expect them to hold onto him. Either of them would be fantastic bigger outside receivers and proven articles as well.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Shenault fits like a glove tbh

I believe so as well. He has a unique skill set. And they’ve definitely shown a penchant, especially on defense, to find guys who fit their scheme. I believe Shenault would be s step in that direction for the offense. 

On 11/19/2019 at 5:19 PM, whatdrought said:

WR class is really deep this year. I have a feeling Michael Pittman Jr. is gonna have a great pro career and he could still be there in the late 3rd or 4th round. I wouldn't mind the Bills drafting 2 wrs next year. I think there will be successful wrs to be had in the later rounds.

17 hours ago, Turk71 said:

WR class is really deep this year. I have a feeling Michael Pittman Jr. is gonna have a great pro career and he could still be there in the late 3rd or 4th round. I wouldn't mind the Bills drafting 2 wrs next year. I think there will be successful wrs to be had in the later rounds.

I’m actually thinking this too. With Josh’s development and the emergence of John Brown I think that they are going to chase weapons. I could see 1 early and 1 in the mid rounds. This we class is so deep that there will be great value in the middle rounds.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m actually thinking this too. With Josh’s development and the emergence of John Brown I think that they are going to chase weapons. I could see 1 early and 1 in the mid rounds. This we class is so deep that there will be great value in the middle rounds.

I’d like them to take a flyer on a guy like Bin Victor. He has immense talent and just in a crowded WR room. A big play guy without the volume but so much potential. He’s the type that will get drafted later and turn into a contributor in the nfl imo 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’d like them to take a flyer on a guy like Bin Victor. He has immense talent and just in a crowded WR room. A big play guy without the volume but so much potential. He’s the type that will get drafted later and turn into a contributor in the nfl imo 

I could get behind that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.