Allen needs another target

Dkollidas

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

yeah they'll get one in the offseason.  I think they'll improve the roster in several positions during the offseason, just as McBeanes have done since day 1.

its all a process.  keep improving the roster, keep the coaching and the schemes intact, build continuity with high calibre, solid character players, and wins will follow.   pretty simple process,  i would imagine most teams not coached by Rex Ryan or managed by Buddy Nix at least say they try to do this. 

Yeah. We still need a starting power RB, a starting CB,  3rd WR who can stretch the field, two on the OL,  two on the DL and rushing LB (due to Alexander retiring after this season)...May be a kicker too

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Please tell me how Brown is "borderline" #1 right now? The man is on pace for 1300 yards in a sub par offense lead by a QB who has never even hot the 300 yard mark in his career. There is nothing borderline about that. He leads the NFL with consecutive 50+ yard games. Think about that for a second.  He was known as a field stretcher before he got here but because Josh lost his deep ball this season, Brown has proven he can do it all BESIDES be a 50/50 type receiver because of his size. So again, how is he borderline? Because of his size? I often see people around here reluctant to call Brown a #1 but never give a valid reason.

The whole number 1 thing drives me nuts.   We just need a guy that can make contested catches and compliment brown by requiring double teams some of the time.  Simple.   So I'm with you.  Duke only faster would be ideal. 

I'm sure WR will be a priority in the offseason.  

As many have stated, the upcoming draft class is being touted as one of the best ever.  We should be able to get a really good one late in the first round.

For this season, I think we have enough talent to put some points on the board.

Personally, I would like to see them use Cole Beasley as more of a short yardage guy, instead of downfield routes.  Too much Isaiah McKenzie on the outside, and give Robert Foster/Duke Williams more chances to make plays in that spot.

6 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Miami is bad.

Terribly bad. 

But I think we saw today that what this team needs more than anything is a game breaker on offense. 

Brown is a really nice piece. He’s a borderline #1 right now.

Singletary may just become a talented lead back who can make place running and receiving.

Beasley is solid in the slot.

Knox has had his drops and miscues, but overall seems to be progressing.

The O-Line as a whole seems to be properly gelling.

The defense has been spectacular. And it seems they may have addressed the run problem with Liuget (or at least helped limit it).

The only real concern for the defense is edge pressure, which has been decent, but unspectacular. But even so, they manage to manufacture pressure while limiting their blitzing. 

To me the main piece we still need is a legit #1 receiver. 

Hopefully they do it in the draft, and get a young player that can develop alongside Allen. 

If they do manage to get him a legit #1 WR, I think he, and his numbers, and the offense and team as a whole, would benefit moreso than any addition to the team. 

They need to target a veteran stud WR in FA or trade AND draft one early(first 3 rounds).

It's too late in "The Process" and Brown and Beasley are too old to just draft one and hope that he doesn't need a redshirt season like Ed Oliver or Cody Ford or any number of early picks.   

We were fortunate that Jordan Phillips is having a breakout season for the Bills otherwise the Ed Oliver/Kyle Williams replacement dynamic would stand as a very recent reminder about expecting high draft picks to immediately fill a need at a very high level.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

Look no further than the excellent WR class of 2020 coming up.

Two names to look out for who should be in the Bills plans are: 

Laviska Shenault WR Colorado 6-2 225

Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota 6-2 205

Both are blue chip prospects and one of them should be available at 32 ?.

Like what you did there...

Both guys you mentioned are great prospects and fit our need for a bigger WR who can elevate, provide a large catch radius, and win contested 50/50 balls.

If I can add a name to your list, I'd suggest Chase Claypool (WR- Notre Dame). He's a physical specimen at 6'4" 229 lbs and has 9 TDs in ten games this year. He's limited by somewhat average QB play but has made huge plays when targeted and has been described that your usual 50/50 balls are more like 80/20 in his favor. Probably a guy we could get in the 2nd or 3rd and would provide Josh with a big target who can still separate and beat the man across from him consistently. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Please tell me how Brown is "borderline" #1 right now? The man is on pace for 1300 yards in a sub par offense lead by a QB who has never even hot the 300 yard mark in his career. There is nothing borderline about that. He leads the NFL with consecutive 50+ yard games. Think about that for a second.  He was known as a field stretcher before he got here but because Josh lost his deep ball this season, Brown has proven he can do it all BESIDES be a 50/50 type receiver because of his size. So again, how is he borderline? Because of his size? I often see people around here reluctant to call Brown a #1 but never give a valid reason.

He's putting up #1 like number this season.  But to remove the "borderline" reference, needs to happen more than one season.  Having said that I'd be fine with them signing another Brown like talented player and have two borderline #1 guys out there.  Based on where the team is right now overall, think I'd rather see them bring in an experienced guy to start next year as a legit #2 and draft a guy too, but maybe in the 2nd or 3rd.  Receivers like Brown are usually available as FA.  IMO a bigger need than a WR is a pass rushing DE in the 1st round and likely a offensive tackle in the 2nd.

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Don’t worry... Two Bills Drive legend Duke Williams is waiting to pounce.  McDermott just waiting to break out the best WR ever to play in Buffalo for the right moment.  

Saving him for the playoffs

they do not want anyone to see this secret weapon 

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

Look no further than the excellent WR class of 2020 coming up.

Two names to look out for who should be in the Bills plans are: 

Laviska Shenault WR Colorado 6-2 225

Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota 6-2 205

Both are blue chip prospects and one of them should be available at 32 ?.

https://und.com/roster/chase-claypool/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We were fortunate that Jordan Phillips is having a breakout season for the Bills otherwise the Ed Oliver/Kyle Williams replacement dynamic would stand as a very recent reminder about expecting high draft picks to immediately fill a need at a very high level.   

I think that was kind of the point though. Did they expect Phillips to be as good as he has? Maybe not. But they signed him to make sure that the position wasn't a "need" in the way the Bills have had in the past when letting players walk. They had a guy who played reasonably well for them down the stretch last year in situ and then they took the best guy on their board. I think they deserve some credit for that. It was a better approach than has been taken by some past regimes.

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

I think Brown is a great receiver. If we could get one of our receivers to be a legit #2 I think this offense would be humming. I hope Robert Foster comes into his own again like last year. That would take a lot of pressure off of our offense.

• Like (+1) 1