The Eye of the Tiger !!!

Being aggressive and attacking was definitely the message the players needed from McDermott this week and it showed on the field today against the dolphins. On One Bills Live they asked Milano about it and he got a smile on his face and was excited to play and get after it. Latter in the week Lorenzo expounded upon this and said players were thinking too much and just staying in there gaps instead of making plays, were tight and just needed to be dynamic.

it was apparent from the first snap that the Bills came out with a purpose and wouldn't be denied, which doesnt seem like much against Miami, but this is the same team that was a few plays from beating us last time and had won their last two games. What i really liked was how the offense came out attacking by playing a more hurry-up style instead of the milk the clock nonsense we had been doing all season. I don't expect to dominate every team like we did today but if we play more aggressive , Fearless as McDermott says, on both sides of the ball we will have a much better chance of winning and be convincing doing it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I dunno if it’s part of the fearless theme or not but blitzing Edmunds and Milano means they don’t have to overthink gap and coverage responsibilities

I think the team as a whole, coaches included,  stepped up their game due to the Fearless mantra.

• Like (+1) 1

I love how this all went down. My #1 takeaway from last week is that the team, especially Allen, just looked like they were trying to be perfect. It looked like he was in his head, focusing on the gameplan and not screwing up more than anything. You didn't see that competitive juice. I love how coach recognized that and seemingly put a stop to it. Great stuff.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I definitely like the "attacking" mentality on offense.  Make teams afraid of Josh Allen's arm and what he can do.  It seems to suit his skills more.

I'm OK with him throwing some interceptions, as long as they aren't stupid decisions (like we were seeing earlier in the year).  At the end of the day, I think we put more points on the board and win more games with an aggressive approach.

On defense, I think we need to have a balance.  What we were doing the previous 9 games was working, and working very well.  The blitzing was nice for developing a pass rush, but we also let up some uncharacteristic big passing plays.  The most important thing is points allowed, and I don't want to sacrifice more points for sacks/turnovers.

7 hours ago, Special K said:

There was definitely a "take care of business" mentality on both sides of the ball.

Glad to see it, and hope it carries over into the remaining games of the season!

It was weird for me watching as a fan, yesterday.  I felt like I had the same, "take care of business," attitude whist watching.  I didn't get all jacked up for the big plays, scores or sacks.  I was just like, "Goddamn right ... now keep doing it." 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Being aggressive and attacking was definitely the message the players needed from McDermott this week and it showed on the field today against the dolphins. On One Bills Live they asked Milano about it and he got a smile on his face and was excited to play and get after it. Latter in the week Lorenzo expounded upon this and said players were thinking too much and just staying in there gaps instead of making plays, were tight and just needed to be dynamic.

it was apparent from the first snap that the Bills came out with a purpose and wouldn't be denied, which doesnt seem like much against Miami, but this is the same team that was a few plays from beating us last time and had won their last two games. What i really liked was how the offense came out attacking by playing a more hurry-up style instead of the milk the clock nonsense we had been doing all season. I don't expect to dominate every team like we did today but if we play more aggressive , Fearless as McDermott says, on both sides of the ball we will have a much better chance of winning and be convincing doing it.

You have to give McDermott credit for realizing his team was being over-coached to not make mistakes and correcting that emphasis.

No matter what level you coach,  mistakes happen because human beings play the game.  

I've definitely found that the harder your players play, the more chances of mistakes.   The more you just fixate on their mistakes the less harder they play.

But, if you coach on what they're trying to do and reward and tweak that behavior while challenging all of them to cover each other's mistakes, well, try it and watch your team's winning culture develop.  ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I agree that being aggressive is a part of the equation but i just hope they can show some of what we saw against a team that is above the lowest ranks in the NFL !!

This game did build confidence with in the team (mostly offense) & showed that they can do some really good things, not to be a wet noodle but the Fins suck & although i am happy to have our team put another W in the win column if they can beat the Cowboys, or Pats i will be more convinced in their abilities .

It also showed that a crappy team can hang 20 against our D with no real weapons to speak of that i'm not real happy about ... But Murph will be ecstatic :huh: !

I do think the way the Pats are playing now that is a really good possibility that they can achieve that this season which would be great !! 

3 hours ago, CuseBill said:

If Hauschka makes any attempt to tackle #19 we wouldn't even be talking about our ST coordinator.

Yeah - i know he got hurt last year but come on.  He didn't even have to cut!  Legit grab any part of him... you can even justifiably grab his facemask or horse collar and ur preventing a free TD.