Lets Get This Guy

billsfan_34

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

90 percent of the time thats the correct strategy- this guy wont be there

in the third.

then doesn’t matter we don’t take him. that is the round I target RBs unless they are generational RBs and he isn’t one 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

then doesn’t matter we don’t take him. that is the round I target RBs unless they are generational RBs and he isn’t one 

That is your opinion - kind of like saying Jerome Bettis or Eddie George would not of been worthy ahead of the 3rd round. Anyways, its a long ways away- Go Bills.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

That is your opinion - kind of like saying Jerome Bettis or Eddie George would not of been worthy ahead of the 3rd round. Anyways, its a long ways away- Go Bills.

Different Era of Football, Where do you want to take him?

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Where do you want to take him. You asked the question. I answered so now question back to you

Most likely as it stands now were picking later in the 2nd- if he is BPA or they feel good enough about him that it is super close to others on the board and he makes our team better than sure I am good with it. A lot will hinge on FA too right now we will have the 3rd most cap space. Gore will be gone and we see what they think about Yeldon.

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Most likely as it stands now were picking later in the 2nd- if he is BPA or they feel good enough about him that it is super close to others on the board and he makes our team better than sure I am good with it. A lot will hinge on FA too right now we will have the 3rd most cap space. Gore will be gone and we see what they think about Yeldon.

not sure I see that. I don’t have him in my top 100. And I have backs like 

D’Andre Smith 

JK Dobbins

Jonathan Taylor

Travis Etienne

Cam Akers

Chuba Hubbard

Eno Benjamin

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Anthony McFarland 

all ranked ahead of him. And that is why I have 3rd and 4th round value on him. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

not sure I see that. I don’t have him in my top 100. And I have backs like 

D’Andre Smith 

JK Dobbins

Jonathan Taylor

Travis Etienne

Cam Akers

Chuba Hubbard

Eno Benjamin

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Anthony McFarland 

all ranked ahead of him. And that is why I have 3rd and 4th round value on him. 

Thats the fun of this and things will change a lot as we get closer. Good points

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Thats the fun of this and things will change a lot as we get closer. Good points

I will say what he has shown me in my watching of him is he is a threat out of the backfield in the passing game, something I did not see from him in previous games I watched.  If h wants to climb up those draft boards that is what he still needs to show off, hands, backs that can run and be a threat catching are going to be more valued in todays NFL. 

his timed speed will also be very important to his draft position. 

Edited by MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I will say what he has shown me in my watching of him is he is a threat out of the backfield in the passing game, something I did not see from him in previous games I watched.  If h wants to climb up those draft boards that is what he still needs to show off, hands, backs that can run and be a threat catching are going to be more valued in todays NFL. 

his timed speed will also be very important to his draft position. 

Yeah combine or pro day workout can change things. I am really enjoying 7-3 and looking forward to Denver. A W this Sunday will be huge! 

14 hours ago, arcane said:

He runs pretty upright. 

He sure does.  He could get away with that if he was a fast third down back, but it’ll be a real problem for him as a bigger, slower (relatively) power back in the NFL.  He won’t have an OL that’s blowing huge holes open for him in the NFL either.  He is patient and shows nice balance and change of direction so he has a place in the NFL, but it’ll be as a rotational RB.  He’ll be available later on day 3 unless a team reaches. 

8 hours ago, CSBill said:

I'm not a big fan of Ford, lets hope a miracle happened and Nsekhe's injury is not serious. And speaking of miracles, I wonder if the legend Ryan Bates will make another appearance this year? He did play well when called upon.

Not a Ford fan either, their Oline draft picks have been curious , why they picked guards to play tackle is odd. Forgot about Bates , have to think he is active with Nsekhe out, wouldn't mind giving him more work. Hopefully they draft or acquire another RT this offseason, been a Looong time since we have had a top one.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Great shout! My first time watching LSU this year was their 'Game of the Century' hyped showdown against Bama two Saturdays ago (hard for me to stay up for a lot of the games with the time difference living in Ireland)...this guy absolutely jumped off the screen.

Incredible awareness of where the first down marker was and the strength + sneaky elusiveness to get there. Made Raekwon Davis and a few of the other future 1st rounders on Bama's defense look silly...would LOVE to see him in a Bills uniform next year!

Always nice to have my Irish relatives watch the games !!

I saw him a few times before that game and thought this kid is a real weapon and would like him on the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I'm sure Gore will not be on roster next year. And I hope English rugby star will

I hope they both are. Wade is very intriguing, not polished at all but has great running instincts, will be interesting to see how /if he develops.

43 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

much better chance of Yeldon being gone, guy is a jag and hasn't played in weeks. Gore can still play and no reason not to keep him around.

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I hope they both are. Wade is very intriguing, not polished at all but has great running instincts, will be interesting to see how /if he develops.

much better chance of Yeldon being gone, guy is a jag and hasn't played in weeks. Gore can still play and no reason not to keep him around.

Gore 11/27 yesterday - not a lot left in the tank imo. 

AJ Dillon is another big back with some speed, who will be in the upcoming draft.  He is 6' - 6' 1" and in the neighborhood of 240 -250 lbs, and has been clocked at 4.54 in the 40.  Harris has run 4.66 at 230 lbs.  Harris has a slightly better YPC number than Dillon, but runs behind an offensive line comprised of future NFL players, something that may not be the case for Dillon.  Dillon has been a workhorse for Boston College with over 1,000 yards as of early November.  

I stopped watching half way through, he was running through holes my grandma could run through.  Not trying to take anything away from the kid, but most the highlights he was untouched running through massive holes until the secondary.  Seems to run pretty upright too.  

We need a WR long before we need to take a RB early.  Even OL before we take a RB.  Devin is our feature back next year for sure IMO, and we can sign a vet or draft a mid round RB to back him up.