Lets Get This Guy

billsfan_34

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Don't agree at all on Spain. Think he has had a good year after the first 4 weeks where he was up and down and I thought he was very good today. Feliciano started the season well, had a dip, but today was a rebound.

RT has been the weakest point on the line - nothing new there. We will get a long look at Cody Ford now.

wasnt every play but definitely saw the guards getting blown up, not that confident in Ford either but hopefully he does.

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

E-H looks a lot like Singletary. But that QB looks pretty good.

Never hurts to have similar players, makes it easier for the linemen.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

wasnt every play but definitely saw the guards getting blown up, not that confident in Ford either but hopefully he does.

Never hurts to have similar players, makes it easier for the linemen.

I'm not a big fan of Ford, lets hope a miracle happened and Nsekhe's injury is not serious. And speaking of miracles, I wonder if the legend Ryan Bates will make another appearance this year? He did play well when called upon.

Edited by CSBill

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't agree at all on Spain. Think he has had a good year after the first 4 weeks where he was up and down and I thought he was very good today. Feliciano started the season well, had a dip, but today was a rebound.

RT has been the weakest point on the line - nothing new there. We will get a long look at Cody Ford now.

Spain has had some inconsistencies in pass pro. He’s played outside in a few times which has resulted in missing stunts and pass offs from Morse. He’s not quick enough to get away with that. Now, it’s possible that Alken might not be setting his protections consistently as well... I can only go by what I see. Regardless, Spain is a FA at the end of the year and can be upgraded. 

It’ll be fun to see if Ford steps up. I generally don’t like giving up on young linemen. Particularly when they’re rookies, as that first off-season usually provides a substantial strength and technique increase. At the very least though I think Ford can be an excellent guard. 

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Melvin Gordon in free agency

Or Henry.... If we’re going to hand out a bunch of cash for a hammer might as well pay for a jackhammer instead of a framing hammer. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Spain has had some inconsistencies in pass pro. He’s played outside in a few times which has resulted in missing stunts and pass offs from Morse. He’s not quick enough to get away with that. Now, it’s possible that Alken might not be setting his protections consistently as well... I can only go by what I see. Regardless, Spain is a FA at the end of the year and can be upgraded. 

He is an FA and I don't particularly expect the Bills to sign him. But I think he has been good and the longer he is here you can see the improved cohesion between he and Dawkins.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is an FA and I don't particularly expect the Bills to sign him. But I think he has been good and the longer he is here you can see the improved cohesion between he and Dawkins.

What they do with the O-line this off-season is going to be telling. Could be the entire range from resigning Spain and counting on continuity to handing out cash for Scherff and/ a Bulaga. Either way the the line has been drastically improved over last season. After that dumpster fire it’s nice to be average. Still, I’d like to see them dominate in at least one facet of the game: pass-pro, power runs, screens, zone blocking.... Something. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He is a bruiser just short, just the way i like them. My ideal RB is 5'8" 225.

Let the FB be the bruiser and put Lee Smith at FB or athletic lineman.

So long as he can get the 2 yd gains up the gut, when the other team knows he's coming, I'm in.

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I don't like picking them at all :D 

So many times they can be found undrafted, im really hoping that Wade, the rugby player , turns into something. He was very explosive in the preseason.

Not sure what pole ice runs mean??

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I don't like picking them at all :D 

So many times they can be found undrafted, im really hoping that Wade, the rugby player , turns into something. He was very explosive in the preseason.

Not sure what pole ice runs mean??

Lol, autocorrect for a couple of nice runs late

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Actually prefer Clyde Edwards-Helaire from LSU

Great shout! My first time watching LSU this year was their 'Game of the Century' hyped showdown against Bama two Saturdays ago (hard for me to stay up for a lot of the games with the time difference living in Ireland)...this guy absolutely jumped off the screen.

Incredible awareness of where the first down marker was and the strength + sneaky elusiveness to get there. Made Raekwon Davis and a few of the other future 1st rounders on Bama's defense look silly...would LOVE to see him in a Bills uniform next year!

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Watched this guy play a few times this year and he is a stud. Would be nice if we somehow draft this guy in the mid to late rounds. 

The first 3 rounds should address DE, OL, WR....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Najee Harris is an animal and I believe he could be a missing piece to the offense. Najee and Devin could be a great 1-2 punch. Who wouldn’t wanna a Derrick Henry type RB but better? Where would you take him?

3rd or 4th round. Where I would take just about every RB

• Like (+1) 1