Edmunds and Milano - our new pass rushers

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Huh, who would've thought that utilizing the team's best pass rusher, Edmunds, would improve the pass rush?

I think that is what some people were saying when he was drafted.  I think he could become a great MLB.  But I know he would be a dominant OLB.  It’s more instinctual position and he is a beast blitzing.  

the only downside is a smart qb like Brady would destroy a blitz.  But it was great to see that much pressure. Poor Fitz never had a chance on some plays.

30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It will be very interesting to see how they handle the problem with 4 man pass rush this offseason.    With Clowney a near lock to stay in Seattle the pass rusher market looks very sketchy.   Best bets for production for remotely reasonable dollars might be old guys like Quinn and Bennett and some underachieving 3-4 OLB types who don't really evoke the word "process".    Wonder if the Bills target a MLB and finally use Edmunds outside where he can rush more.   Was watching Littleton and Kwiatkowski last night.    Different ends of the cost spectrum but both UFA.  

I'd go hard after Schoebert and move Edmunds to LorAx's position; make him more of a chess piece.

For EDGE guys, I'd love Clowney, but reality is you're probably looking at Addison/Ngakoue/Fowler as the "premier" UFAs.

I'd also look at dealing for Miller or Chandler Jones. You know how that stuff goes: nobody's available until they are.

8 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Just stinks that when you rush one of them you lose some of the best cover LBs in the league.  The key is to mix it up and keep the offenses guessing.  Stay out of patterns that can be exposed with these blitzes.

Exactly. We have not seen the Bills blitz so much since McD took over, so no wonder the Dolphins could have been unprepared! But the next opponents will be. Still, yet another aspect for opposing teams to analyze & prepare form, which is way you add schemes and vary over the course of the year.

I'm sure too that the players loved it! And that matters as well.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Although playing on a very good defensive line, Yannick Ngakoue could be a guy they target assuming he makes it to FA.

I don't see him hitting UFA.   Dareus gets cut and they can use that entire regained space to franchise him..........if nothing else to at least trade him.   They really like Ngakoue there it's hard to see them letting him leave after shedding Ramsey and Fowler and their pending commitments the past 2 seasons.    

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'd go hard after Schoebert and move Edmunds to LorAx's position; make him more of a chess piece.

For EDGE guys, I'd love Clowney, but reality is you're probably looking at Addison/Ngakoue/Fowler as the "premier" UFAs.

I'd also look at dealing for Miller or Chandler Jones. You know how that stuff goes: nobody's available until they are.

Yeah Schoebert is a great fit.  

MLB market is messed up a bit after Moseley deal but it's still about guaranteed dollars and the elite edge guys are going to get insane guarantees and longer deals.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah Schoebert is a great fit.  

MLB market is messed up a bit after Moseley deal but it's still about guaranteed dollars and the elite edge guys are going to get insane guarantees and longer deals.

You want to see insane? Wait until Jordan Phillips gets a deal.

A 340 lb dude that will enter the market with double digit sacks (or close to it) at the age of 27?

?????

• Like (+1) 2