Special teams play vs Fish

I gotta admit, special teams were AWFUL today. We let the Fish recover an onsides kick and a return for a touchdown. 

These types of blunders are inexcusable, and couple this with the blocked punt vs the Pats, I think we gotta ask if we have the right coach for the job. Blown special teams play will cost you wins. 

Danny Crossmans unit for the hapless Dolphins schooled us. Maybe he wasn’t that bad after all. 

Agreed, except for the Crossman wasn't that bad part. Stupid to keep kicking it at the 1 instead of booting it deep. That Grant dude was killing us. Yet they keep on doing it. Stopped one time after the td... Then bam kickoff to the 1 and 50 yard return. Silly.

33 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

I gotta admit, special teams were AWFUL today. We let the Fish recover an onsides kick and a return for a touchdown. 

These types of blunders are inexcusable, and couple this with the blocked punt vs the Pats, I think we gotta ask if we have the right coach for the job. Blown special teams play will cost you wins. 

Danny Crossmans unit for the hapless Dolphins schooled us. Maybe he wasn’t that bad after all. 

And also another long return out to around midfield

31 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Agreed, except for the Crossman wasn't that bad part. Stupid to keep kicking it at the 1 instead of booting it deep. That Grant dude was killing us. Yet they keep on doing it. Stopped one time after the td... Then bam kickoff to the 1 and 50 yard return. Silly.

I'm starting to believe Haushcka no longer has the leg to boom them out of the endzone...even that 51 yarder he made today looked like it didn't have a lot more on it...

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'm starting to believe Haushcka no longer has the leg to boom them out of the endzone...even that 51 yarder he made today looked like it didn't have a lot more on it...

Possible, but he booted it through once or twice today. I think those are set plays because they have worked quite a bit this year in getting good starting position for the d.

38 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Been awful all year! 

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Possible, but he booted it through once or twice today. I think those are set plays because they have worked quite a bit this year in getting good starting position for the d.

I agree. He can knock it through the end zone. They were a bit too “fearless”there on those kick returns trying to loft them shorter— just blast it through the end zone.

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

A lot of times they do stop them at or before the 20 and also with how many penalties get called on special teams blocking, its really not a bad idea...just have to not let those big returns occur or it wipes out the good from the other stops

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

A lot of times they do stop them at or before the 20 and also with how many penalties get called on special teams blocking, its really not a bad idea...just have to not let those big returns occur or it wipes out the good from the other stops

Agreed, til you have a guy who burned you like they did today. Game was in hand, then they messed around with it again and dude almost took it to the house again after the last man got him after a 50 yard gain. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

We downgraded from Danny Crossman which I did not see coming.

With all the complaining we did about Crossman last season, it’s unbelievable that he was better than what we have now. Sometimes the devil you know is better.. 

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

at least Bojorquez and Hauschka had good games

You’re a half glass full guy I can see. 

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

May be something is wrong with Steve.