Is Brady Done?

Mikie2times

27 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

By end of the season it is happening. You can see it big time. 
I don’t think the Pats getting home field advantage is an advantage. The colder it is I think we see a worse game for Tom. Love to see the camera pan the stadium and the look on all the Pats fans as they know the end is here. 
Belichick is the best but at some point you have to have a good QB to win the big games. Brady is doing just enough with his experience and wisdom of the game . It won’t be enough soon.

That’s what drove my post. He has the look of a man whose body is failing him. It’s like you can see him start to get it. You can only dust yourself off so many times and try and overcome that adversity. I also agree on the weather. If he keeps playing, I imagine it will be somewhere warm. It would be a mistake though. I can’t stand the dude, but after his career I would much rather him go out semi on top or on top than as a beaten man half of what he was. 

11 hours ago, Gordio said:

Exactly, he is not elite anymore.  He is 42, it is understandable.  & the comparisons to manning are dead on in my opinion.  I could totally see the patriots winning another super bowl in spite of Brady, just like the Broncos did.  Manning was smart enough to know the bottle was empty & got out.  I wonder if Tom will be smart enough.  There is something about going out on top, not many players in the NFL do it, but when it is done right it is special.  manning did it, Jerome bettis did it, Ray Lewis did & Elway did it.  It will be interesting to see what Brady does.  He looked devastated in his post game presser Sunday, like he knew the ride was just about over.  

I didn't think he should have come back THIS season, but so far, so good; sort of. The Pats appear to have the best overall team in the league. But come playoff time, things can change quickly. You face the wrong opponent and it's on the QB to do the heavy lifting. I honestly don't think he's got the strength to do that. It's possible I'm way off base. It's possible the team is so good that it won't matter. But it's also possible that he has an EPIC fail in the playoffs. We shall see.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

People have asked this question for the last few seasons.  Come playoff time he will play well and they will likely be in the playoffs.  Yes, I did watch their game against the Ravens.  I think they will be Baltimore if they play them at home.   

Did you also watch their game against the Eagles? People talk about this every year because he’s been in decline. It just hasn’t been as evident as this year. Brady’s arm isn’t scaring anyone who has watched his games. He can’t hit the deep ball and he’s missing throws that prime Brady could hit with his eyes closed and throwing behind his back. 

16 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

He's not what he once was. Unfortunately for us, the Patriots* prepared for this and have the best defense they've had in a long time. 

I’m not ready to concede to this. Just like I’m not ready to get overzealous about the Bills. New England got waxed by Baltimore. Philadelphia has played several times this year with both Jackson and Jeffery out and they look like crap when that happens,  Wentz has looked lost in these spots. Like Buffalo, they just haven’t played anybody. Points for taking care of business, but I would give the Bills better odds at winning a playoff game this year than New England MAKING the Super Bowl. 

Edited by KzooMike