Is Brady Done?

Mikie2times

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As someone who has Sony Michel on his fantasy team, it is very much about the line. He is a legit good back, but he's not getting any room to run at all -- the opposite of last year. He has gone from 4.5 ypc last year to 3.3 this year. He's a young, very talented guy and he's not injured. It's not as if he suddenly became a lot worse.   It totally hamstrings their offense. 

I think he looks the same as he did last season, but the line and quality of the receiving corps have nosedived. I will say that Ben Watson looks like a professional football player out there, and he's an upgrade over what was there before his re-signing. I mean, Izzo was playing TE, and he stinks outside of ST.

They have had 17 different players catch a pass this year.  Their leading non-edelman WR is dorsett.  Gordon didn't do much, and sanu is new.  They need Harry to step up, and they need to find a LT who doesn't flat out stink.

He now reminds me a lot of Fitz.

Except with a (still) better arm, more talent to work with, and a better OC. Fitz has better mobility.

I think Fitz would be pretty good in that O.

Brady will be happy to get his tackle back. I can't believe what a turnstile that Newhouse guy is.

9 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

The Broncos part duex.  Aging, accurate QB who makes good decisions rise a great D to victory.  Hopefully story ends differently.

Eh.. Manning wasn’t that good. He was benched during that season in favor of Osweiler, and eventually won the job back. 

Osweiler actually played good, getting them needed wins to get them to the playoffs. 

Brady hasn’t needed to get bailed out by the backup.. yet.  

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

He now reminds me a lot of Fitz.

Except with a (still) better arm, more talent to work with, and a better OC. Fitz has better mobility.

I think Fitz would be pretty good in that O.

Brady will be happy to get his tackle back. I can't believe what a turnstile that Newhouse guy is.

Fitz's issues are he ends up playing hero ball at the end of games which usually turn into turnovers. He just doesn't have a great NFL arm but he thinks he does. Kelly was similar at the end of his career yet Fitz never had Kelly's early success. 

22 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Eh.. Manning wasn’t that good. He was benched during that season in favor of Osweiler, and eventually won the job back. 

Osweiler actually played good, getting them needed wins to get them to the playoffs. 

Brady hasn’t needed to get bailed out by the backup.. yet.  

I agree Peyton was a turnover machine towards the end yet the Broncos D was playing at such a high level. The Patriots D is playing at a high level too but have shown they can be beatable. Romo said it perfectly yesterday, when playing the Patriots you need an unexpected player to play great to beat the Pats. It's back when we had Fitz and Chandler had great games against them. Maybe Knox will show up in our next meeting or Singletary will show some things. 

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Fitz's issues are he ends up playing hero ball at the end of games which usually turn into turnovers. He just doesn't have a great NFL arm but he thinks he does. Kelly was similar at the end of his career yet Fitz never had Kelly's early success. 

I agree Peyton was a turnover machine towards the end yet the Broncos D was playing at such a high level. The Patriots D is playing at a high level too but have shown they can be beatable. Romo said it perfectly yesterday, when playing the Patriots you need an unexpected player to play great to beat the Pats. It's back when we had Fitz and Chandler had great games against them. Maybe Knox will show up in our next meeting or Singletary will show some things. 

I was only being half-serious. But I do suspect that Fitz can read a defence as well as Tom can. And Fitz is more mobile - he scrambled for a 20 yard gain yesterday until it was all called back on a bogus holding call lol. Never seen Brady do that.They can both work the pocket, especially Brady. But bottom line neither one of them can do what Aaron do (Fitz never could) as Chad would say. Anyway, though Tom was great Belly has always been the brains of that operation IMO. 

13 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Its always been Brady's quick thinking on his feet and ability to understand what he is facing (in an instant)  in a defense that has been his greatest asset. I don't see any decline there at all. His pocket presence is still decent and he still is able to avoid the sack for the most part. Passing accuracy and strength has dropped off but he is probably at the level of a 35 year old Qb now. As long as he has weapons on offense and a great D, he unfortunately will continue to dominate.

Actually I do see a decline there. Maybe a  millisecond or two. Then another couple milliseconds on release. Then weaker arm. His offensive line isn’t doing him any favors nor are his receivers but they didn’t in the past all that much either. Again, main point is this is not a guy I’m scared of anymore. He’s not done per say, but I’m not worried about some magical Brady GOAT legend virtually guaranteeing outcomes like he has his whole career. He’s not that player anymore. Defense or not, that makes New England vulnerable.   

On 11/17/2019 at 4:55 PM, Warcodered said:

I mean Peyton Manning was pretty done during his last SB winning season.

yep he could barely throw cuz of bad shoulder----but managed his way to a SB

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The Patriots are winning games in spite of Tom Brady, not because of him.

His days as an elite NFL QB are most certainly over. Unfortunately, BB is still BB.

Brady owes a ton to BB.

BB will win SBs without him if he wants to continue coaching

• Thank you (+1) 1

Brady has clearly lost a lot physically, but the team is still able to win because they have enough talent everywhere else, and they tend to make fewer critical mistakes than their opponent. And, yes, they seem to get away with some holds and other calls from time to time.  Brady is not going to get any better going forward.

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The Patriots are winning games in spite of Tom Brady, not because of him.

His days as an elite NFL QB are most certainly over. Unfortunately, BB is still BB.

Exactly, he is not elite anymore.  He is 42, it is understandable.  & the comparisons to manning are dead on in my opinion.  I could totally see the patriots winning another super bowl in spite of Brady, just like the Broncos did.  Manning was smart enough to know the bottle was empty & got out.  I wonder if Tom will be smart enough.  There is something about going out on top, not many players in the NFL do it, but when it is done right it is special.  manning did it, Jerome bettis did it, Ray Lewis did & Elway did it.  It will be interesting to see what Brady does.  He looked devastated in his post game presser Sunday, like he knew the ride was just about over.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

No. It will be a great day when it happens , but it’s not quite at that point yet. 

By end of the season it is happening. You can see it big time. 
I don’t think the Pats getting home field advantage is an advantage. The colder it is I think we see a worse game for Tom. Love to see the camera pan the stadium and the look on all the Pats fans as they know the end is here. 
Belichick is the best but at some point you have to have a good QB to win the big games. Brady is doing just enough with his experience and wisdom of the game . It won’t be enough soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1