Is Brady Done?

Mikie2times

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I could see some team actually doin that though.  Lol I could see Miami doing it just to have him mentor the player they draft in the mid to late 1st round. (I see them drafting Tua and him sitting the first year to get fully healthy then taking over 1/2 way threw the second year.) 

I am fully prepared see him walk after this year, it will suck because like Kelly did with the Bills I was hoping Brady do with the Pats.. retire playing for just one team.

There was a brief time that people thought Kelly was going to sign with the Ravens and reunite with Marchibroda. Yet I fully expect Brady to retire as a Pat. I'm thinking this or next year will be his final year. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Oh Brady definitely on the 17th or 18th hole for his career, I think he realizes that as well.   I think he was upset yesterday because the offense, and him, let the team down left way to many chances go by and. Settled for FG. 

I fully expect see Stidham under center next year for the Patriots. I think Brady retires or gets offered some crazy 2 year deal from another team.  (Why can I see Chicago offering him 2 years 60 mill guaranteed) I hope I’m wrong because seeing Brady in another r Jersey as bad as seeing Montana as a Chief.

Yeah that would be weird seeing him in another jersey.  If that is the case why not just retire.  He has nothing left to prove or accomplish.  He has done it all.  

27 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Yeah that would be weird seeing him in another jersey.  If that is the case why not just retire.  He has nothing left to prove or accomplish.  He has done it all.  

Brady's the type that he wants to finish as the best, in terms of Super Bowl rings in terms of QB records etc. He's a competitor and has a major chip on his shoulder to prove he's the best so that's why I think he keeps playing to have as many QB records as he can and be as "good" as his idol Joe Montana was.

Its always been Brady's quick thinking on his feet and ability to understand what he is facing (in an instant)  in a defense that has been his greatest asset. I don't see any decline there at all. His pocket presence is still decent and he still is able to avoid the sack for the most part. Passing accuracy and strength has dropped off but he is probably at the level of a 35 year old Qb now. As long as he has weapons on offense and a great D, he unfortunately will continue to dominate.

9 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Its always been Brady's quick thinking on his feet and ability to understand what he is facing (in an instant)  in a defense that has been his greatest asset. I don't see any decline there at all. His pocket presence is still decent and he still is able to avoid the sack for the most part. Passing accuracy and strength has dropped off but he is probably at the level of a 35 year old Qb now. As long as he has weapons on offense and a great D, he unfortunately will continue to dominate.

I don’t think he has had the weapons on O this year like in the past, outside of Edelman and White the rest have not emerged.  I think Sanu could but who knows.  If they win it all this year Brady retires (just my opinion) if they don’t he comes back for 1 more year just try get 7 rings and have 1 more title than any other NFL Franchise.  The O line been horrid this year as well with our Backup LT House.. who well stinks.. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t think he has had the weapons on O this year like in the past, outside of Edelman and White the rest have not emerged.  I think Sanu could but who knows.  If they win it all this year Brady retires (just my opinion) if they don’t he comes back for 1 more year just try get 7 rings and have 1 more title than any other NFL Franchise.  The O line been horrid this year as well with our Backup LT House.. who well stinks.. 

How many times has he been loaded with or needed weapons though?  Outside of Gronkowski and a year of Randy Moss, everything is replaceable (including Edelman).  

It is all about scheme and Brady's cerebral ability and preparation.  

Losing Gronkowski hurts bad at this age.  Just need to chuck it anywhere near him and he goes and gets it.  The offense clearly isn't the same, and it leaves Brady a bit more on the hook to make better throws.  

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Their offensive line is really the issue.  Killing their screen game, their run game, and pass game.  They have no weapons outside of edelman and running backs - and they have no time to try and get the ball to the sanu's and harry's down the field. 

I think they'll continue doing what they do - stockpiling picks from free agent losses and buying low on veterans- but adding a young QB has to be somewhat of a priority at this point.  Maybe Dalton or Mariota?  Bridgewater?  

• Like (+1) 1

I'd say he's not done but I think the end is in sight. In his prime, you could've paired him up with a couple of D-II receivers and he would've made All-Pro's out of them. Now, it's the other way around, he kinda needs some really solid pass catchers because he's not really elevating the play of his receivers like he used to. I certainly don't see him reaching age 46 or 47 or whatever he's been talking about lately. He can eat all the avocado ice cream he wants but, inevitably, age will catch up.  

10 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

How many times has he been loaded with or needed weapons though?  Outside of Gronkowski and a year of Randy Moss, everything is replaceable (including Edelman).  

It is all about scheme and Brady's cerebral ability and preparation.  

Losing Gronkowski hurts bad at this age.  Just need to chuck it anywhere near him and he goes and gets it.  The offense clearly isn't the same, and it leaves Brady a bit more on the hook to make better throws.  

I agree completely! Add in an O line just not playing well, I think because NewHouse is just trash. (I mean if Scar can’t make you average Or better you have be beyond bad.) so add in less time to throw and it’s a mess on O for him. Wynn suppose be back this week so hopefully he is better than hot trash Newhouse and Brady gets that extra 1/2 second find the open man or even better they can run the dang ball again.

After 10 weeks he has only 14 TDs, how many people had Josh with only 1 Passing TD less than Brady through 10 weeks? 10 TDs through week 5,  4 TDs  since or half his TDs(7) came in the first 3 weeks of the season. He's now 21st in QB Rating. First time in a long time that the Pats*** are winning in spite of Brady's play.

He looks like Manning did his last year. Clearly lost some zip, but still smart enough to get the ball where it needed to be and minimized mistakes. He is clearly not the threat he has been

We all knew it would happen eventually. I thinks his age is a big reason why Cody Kessler is in NE. Rest his arm a bit in practice

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

I think Tom Terrific has no plan beyond football. Retirement might be really hard for a guy like him. He only knows how to compete. Take that away, and I'm not sure what he does 

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Peyton Manning was pretty done during his last SB winning season.

Yes he was for sure.  It was pretty bad, his arm just lost its pop and declined rapidly.

I think he had like 13 passes in the superbowl, but that defense carried em all the way thru.

16 hours ago, theAteam said:

He's like the ultimate game manager at this point. He will absolutely not lose you a game. He's pretty much an OC with his IQ so he can win them a game but against good defenses he's just not making the insane throws he used to.

I dont know man, he threw a brutal rookie type pick to Micah Hyde in the end zone and threw another one just like it yesterday to a philly dback but the guy dropped it.

He's not mistake free any more in the few games i've watched him.

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Their offensive line is really the issue.  Killing their screen game, their run game, and pass game.  They have no weapons outside of edelman and running backs - and they have no time to try and get the ball to the sanu's and harry's down the field. 

I think they'll continue doing what they do - stockpiling picks from free agent losses and buying low on veterans- but adding a young QB has to be somewhat of a priority at this point.  Maybe Dalton or Mariota?  Bridgewater?  

As someone who has Sony Michel on his fantasy team, it is very much about the line. He is a legit good back, but he's not getting any room to run at all -- the opposite of last year. He has gone from 4.5 ypc last year to 3.3 this year. He's a young, very talented guy and he's not injured. It's not as if he suddenly became a lot worse.   It totally hamstrings their offense. 

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Manning comparison is apt...

Look at his game by game 2015 stats... It's like someone flipped the light switch off midseason

Brady looks old, slow and uncomfortable to me. Still, he and that team are dangerous.

I think he looks the same as he did last season, but the line and quality of the receiving corps have nosedived. I will say that Ben Watson looks like a professional football player out there, and he's an upgrade over what was there before his re-signing. I mean, Izzo was playing TE, and he stinks outside of ST.

Edited by dave mcbride