Is Brady Done?

Mikie2times

Not done

He is definitely at the lowest grade he has been in his career though.  They have made it work with the defense this season.

The head is still there though, as the synergy with mcdaniels, belichick, and edelman

Edited by May Day 10

Game manager but he is absolutely done

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Great post! Edelman is his lifeline and Edelman had like 4 drops today including a TD drop.  But I totally agree Edelman runs the O, although Sanu seems be getting into a groove with Brady now too..  but right now Edelman the man

TD drop was jarred loose by a big hit

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yep...pulled him backwards in a “horse collar” manner. Yet....he’s Jules!!!!!!

Pee Oh Ess.

and, no Brady isn’t done. Like others have said, he’s average and manages the game. Won’t make any bone headed mistakes, manages the clock and does enough to let his defense win games.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He isn't done I don't think, but I also don't think he is playing until 45.  At best I think he has another year in him.  He probably should just hang it up after this season really.  Edelman is still a monster for him.  If he went down, I don't think they would move the ball all that much anymore.

There was just a recent comment that now he wants to play until 47.

7 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I suppose it depends on your definition of done.

Is he good enough to run an efficient offense? Sure.

Can he lead his team to a solid record with great defensive play? Sure.

Will his QB rating look appealing? Sure.

Are you still scared of him putting New England on his back and willing them to victory? Not at all.

Are you still thinking a loss is all but guaranteed if the game is close and New England has the ball last? Not at all. 

It's the start of the demise. How much longer until it turns into an abrupt decline? Not sure. He's not showing accuracy like he has in the past. Not the same pocket presence. Instead of just being annoyed by the pass rush he is completely wilting and becoming more Trent than Tom in his check down frequency. He's afraid of getting hit and can't get the ball downfield. Setting his own personal records multiple times this season as far as passing inefficiency. For the first time I'm not nervous about New England because of Tom Brady. That defense with an above average QB is a very difficult out, but he is no longer playing like the GOAT and the decline is coming.      

That’s the good news.  The bad news is that the Pats are still 9-1 with average QB play, and if they can find an average starter after Brady retires (spoiler alert: Belichick will do better than that) they will remain a very good team.

Posted about a guy whose team just beat a year-removed from winning the SB team, pushing them to 9-1? In a game where his team 'only' scored 17 points and he passed just a few above 200 which for Allen would be... the norm?

Obviously he's going to start declining but let's hold our horses on 'done' talk. He's still, what, 5th or 6th in yards passed this year and above 90 for rating?

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He isn't done I don't think, but I also don't think he is playing until 45.  At best I think he has another year in him.  He probably should just hang it up after this season really.  Edelman is still a monster for him.  If he went down, I don't think they would move the ball all that much anymore.

Agreed, this is pretty much where I'm at with him as well. Take away Edelman and Brady doesn't have enough to carry the team anymore.

If this is his last season our last lasting impression of him in his twilight run is him throwing the ball into the ground in desperation so he doesn't get hit--I wonder if there is a Next Gen stat for that, he has to be leading the league?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol let’s see how he looks after Wynn is back at RT and he gets a second scan the field and more importantly let’s see how Harry and Sanu do now that they are both in the offense and will have a few games under their belt.

You didn't watch the game yesterday.  Agreed with the OP, he doesn't look like Brady anymore.  Set a record for himself with most incompletions in a first half in his entire career.  Balls look like they have no zip.  It was windy out there yesterday.  If you saw him in his postgame presser, he actually looked like he wanted to cry, bizarre behavior after a win, I think he knows better than anybody the end is near.  

Please note they still have a decent chance to win the super bowl this year because that Defense is so good.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You didn't watch the game yesterday.  Agreed with the OP, he doesn't look like Brady anymore.  Set a record for himself with most incompletions in a first half in his entire career.  Balls look like they have no zip.  It was windy out there yesterday.  If you saw him in his postgame presser, he actually looked like he wanted to cry, bizarre behavior after a win, I think he knows better than anybody the end is near.  

Please note they still have a decent chance to win the super bowl this year because that Defense is so good.  

Oh Brady definitely on the 17th or 18th hole for his career, I think he realizes that as well.   I think he was upset yesterday because the offense, and him, let the team down left way to many chances go by and. Settled for FG. 

I fully expect see Stidham under center next year for the Patriots. I think Brady retires or gets offered some crazy 2 year deal from another team.  (Why can I see Chicago offering him 2 years 60 mill guaranteed) I hope I’m wrong because seeing Brady in another r Jersey as bad as seeing Montana as a Chief.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Oh Brady definitely on the 17th or 18th hole for his career, I think he realizes that as well.   I think he was upset yesterday because the offense, and him, let the team down left way to many chances go by and. Settled for FG. 

I fully expect see Stidham under center next year for the Patriots. I think Brady retires or gets offered some crazy 2 year deal from another team.  (Why can I see Chicago offering him 2 years 60 mill guaranteed) I hope I’m wrong because seeing Brady in another r Jersey as bad as seeing Montana as a Chief.

He’s getting 2 years 80m guaranteed minimum if he is going to leave the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

He’s getting 2 years 80m guaranteed minimum if he is going to leave the Pats. 

I could see some team actually doin that though.  Lol I could see Miami doing it just to have him mentor the player they draft in the mid to late 1st round. (I see them drafting Tua and him sitting the first year to get fully healthy then taking over 1/2 way threw the second year.) 

I am fully prepared see him walk after this year, it will suck because like Kelly did with the Bills I was hoping Brady do with the Pats.. retire playing for just one team.