How is this not PI?

Virgil

It was...league has been sending a clear message since week 1 that they are not going to overturn PI calls..no idea why coaches are still challenging them.

This is a one and done rule and will likely only be kept around for playoffs

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It’s weird cause they overturned a non called PI in the 49ers/Cardinals against Richard Sherman, then called him for PI. First one I’ve seen overturned.

Funny how someone that has called our refs about PI got the challenge called against him.

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but the amount of PI calls not getting overturned and now this?  Something’s up. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28103490/texans-deandre-hopkins-need-new-deciding-pi-calls

How is this not PI?

It’s PI.  The announcers and rules consultant on the CBS broadcast were saying it’s PI.  Steratore or whoever it is they’ve got was playing Twister and doing the Limbo trying to defend how it wasn’t

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but the amount of PI calls not getting overturned and now this?  Something’s up. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28103490/texans-deandre-hopkins-need-new-deciding-pi-calls

How is this not PI?

it’s not a conspiracy. The Nfl has simply directed that short of an egregious and likely seemingly intentional act they aren’t doing it.

quite literally they are treating it as an nfc championship game rule not as an any given Sunday occurrence.

I’m on the fence with how I feel about that but it seems the reality and I’m not sure that a high threshold requires talk of conspiracy 

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Amazingly the NFL changed the rule on PI and then put the union boss in charge of reviewing his union employees - the rubber-stamping is completely predictable.  The NFL is such a backwater of a company.

under that thought why isn’t every call the same way?

i think none of them want every deep ball with contact to be challenged so they said to only give it to the worst of the worst