Duke Williams on a milk carton

Inigo Montoya

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

They've both been injured.  Perhaps they're not 100%  That's a pretty obvious possibility as well.

OK, you can’t make the team from the hot tub either.  But I don’t think that’s what’s going on here.  I don’t see them on the injury report, they need to be on there, right?  Foster plays, but no productivity.  Coaches don’t play them with this group, then I’d say they’ll be looking to upgrade next year.  Seems obvious to me.

41 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Did we need him today?

One end zone fade on 3rd and 3.  Targeted brown, but he's not the WR for that route.  Williams I think may have hauled in a TD pass. 

Stupid play call but that's another debate 

Mackenzie has been great for the offense.  Before they signed Roberts, he also was doing great on kick returns.  If I were the Bills I'd let McKenzie do the returns and activate Williams.  That's assuming you can sit Lee Smith or Kroft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Charles Romes said:

Because Beasley is unsittable they don’t have enough speed when Duke is on the field. 

So foster gets the nod because of speed and accounted for what? Maybe 9 offensive snaps, a 102 yd KO return and blocking a guy into your punt returner.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just watch Foster & Coleman play special teams. It's so hilarious. They have no clue what they're doing. 

Fire Crossman?  Seriously, Farrell needs to coach them up.  If someone thinks Foster makes this team based on special teams prowess, they better hope the light turns on similar to his wake up call last year.  This guy just doesn’t seem to have “it” whether that’s desire to be great or lacking motivation, idk but we can do better

Duke being on the inactive list is one of the stupidest decisions this coaching staff has made. I thought for sure that once they jettisoned Zay that Duke would get a fair shot.  He proved himself vs the Titans and caught  the game winning TD on the type of play that he excels at. If he is nursing an injury then why not say that? why the secrecy? Duke being on the field gives Josh another option and a huge body who can make those contested catches  in traffic that Beasley or Brown may not be big enough or strong enough  to make because Duke is 50lbs and 4-6" taller than either.  Today I noticed at least 3 or 4 passes that Allen made that were incomplete not because of a bad throw but because the dbs went through our receiver and forced a drop. I really hope this isn't some continued anti CFL bias against Duke by the organization because that would just be asinine. Duke should be a great option on 3rd down or in the red zone so why isn't he being used??

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Always happy with the win.  Passing game looked solid and another fantastic game by Brown.  Beasley came through on those underneath routes that he always seems to be open on.  Might be the best the passing offense has looked all year, so I'm not throwing a rock here.

Duke Williams was a healthy scratch again today.  Has anyone heard anything out of the coaches about this situation?  Just wondering why Duke hasn't gotten back onto the field after a couple of solid outings this year? I thought with the way he played that he had worked himself onto the starting offense.  Could they be focusing more on special teams play and Duke is just on the short end of the stick?

The Bills have opted for speed to stretch the defense downfield.  With Kroft coming back from injury and Knox playing as pass catching TE,  Duke Williams does not have a place for the big bodied catcher.  The Bills are getting the middle of the field cleared by running Foster, Brown and maddeningly Beasley downfield giving opportunities for Brown and Knox

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

Mackenzie has been great for the offense.  Before they signed Roberts, he also was doing great on kick returns.  If I were the Bills I'd let McKenzie do the returns and activate Williams.  That's assuming you can sit Lee Smith or Kroft. 

Or McKenzie out for Williams with Roberts taking McKenzie plays on offense.

Maybe coaches don't want to miss what McKenzie brings to offense and what Roberts to return game so there's no place for Williams

5 minutes ago, poblano said:

Or McKenzie out for Williams with Roberts taking McKenzie plays on offense.

Maybe coaches don't want to miss what McKenzie brings to offense and what Roberts to return game so there's no place for Williams

People freaked the week Mac was inactive, presumably with good reason as he added a spark the following week

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

They weirdly played McKenzie a lot on the outside today and he looked terrible. I think Duke or even Foster are better out there. Duke isn’t faster but he seems like he can create space and get physical catches. 

Yeah I think McKenzie needs to be treated like a Roscoe 2.0, great in the slot and useful if he can get into space, but not who we want as an outside WR. Of course Roscoe was much better at special teams.