Did the Bills defense really turn it on today, 7 sacks.....

billrooter

You guys will have to excuse me I have been working in Japan the last five and a half weeks and have not watched a game. Hopefully they are taping on the sunday ticket like I set them up to do but not sure with that revolving channel. I have only read the box scores up to this point and seen we had seven sacks, that is great hope it continues! Did the sacks look legit, when you get that many in a singlegame I would hope so? I was also wondering Devante Parker had a huge game, and noticed both Kevin Johnson and Levi had 4 tackles apiece, did Levi and Kevin split time? Who got torched by him today for the most part? Thanks guys and seems like a damn good game, Let's Go Buffalo!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billrooter said:

You guys will have to excuse me I have been working in Japan the last five and a half weeks and have not watched a game. Hopefully they are taping on the sunday ticket like I set them up to do but not sure with that revolving channel. I have only read the box scores up to this point and seen we had seven sacks, that is great hope it continues! Did the sacks look legit, when you get that many in a singlegame I would hope so? I was also wondering Devante Parker had a huge game, and noticed both Kevin Johnson and Levi had 4 tackles apiece, did Levi and Kevin split time? Who got torched by him today for the most part? Thanks guys and seems like a damn good game, Let's Go Buffalo!!!

stats were misleading re DaVante Parker. He had a good game, and got two big chunk plays. But most of his catches were ones where Tre seemed to just be giving him a cushion (maybe because of how much they were blitzing).

Kevin Johnson looked terrific.

the big difference was the aggression by the front 7– tons of blitzing and really flying to the ball on run D. It was amazing! 

PS: why don’t you download the Sunday ticket app? You can watch the games streamed or after the fact on there. 

• Like (+1) 2

They blitzed a lot more this week than have al season long.  Edmunds on a blitz has been pretty lethal.  If he didn’t get pressure it allowed one of the other defenders a chance to penetrate.  I’m hoping this is something they consider next week gains Denver and in Dallas.  Can those QB’s beat the blitz?

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

stats were misleading re DaVante Parker. He had a good game, and got two big chunk plays. But most of his catches were ones where Tre seemed to just be giving him a cushion (maybe because of how much they were blitzing).

Kevin Johnson looked terrific.

the big difference was the aggression by the front 7– tons of blitzing and really flying to the ball on run D. It was amazing! 

PS: why don’t you download the Sunday ticket app? You can watch the games streamed or after the fact on there. 

Great to hear about the more aggressive play calling on both sides of the ball, was hoping the speech from earlier in the week was not just coach speak! Hopefully it is a sign of things to come, being agressive and attacking is the style of D that should be played with what should be all the defensive mismatches (speedy and athletic) guys they have.

I am pretty pumped to get back and watch the recordings (boy I hope they taped). I tried setting all that up right before I left on my firestick as I was having difficulties and made the call to directv and the Rep told me streaming wasn't avaialble in other countries though Canada and Mexico were possibillities. The games start at 2am Monday morning here so was going to try an watch the recordings after the fact but I couldln't access them, though I am not the most tech savvy guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, poblano said:

One of those sacks by Lotulelei ?

Seen that and was pleasantly surprised and seen he had 3 tackles I believe also! They shut down the running game as well which was nice to see given the recent struggles their. Did Johnson split time at CB, was Levi benched?

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Philip Lindsay might give up trouble next Sunday. But not sure Bill's sure seem to struggle big tall and power RBS.

They sure don't wrap up well at all. Today they were excellent. No Fin had a hole they missed or anything. They were swarmed immediately the whole day. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

You see when leslie Frazer dials up blitzes it works let that secondary you have prove how good it is and sell out to stop the run and blitz more.  Put fear in quarterbacks and make them nervous about buffalo front seven are they coming.  Good game by frazer today.  Let's build on it.

Yes, let's keep blitzing.  I hope this wasn't an anomaly.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billrooter said:

The defense played with a Fire I haven’t seen all year. They were legit pissed off. I mean you have star running down screens. You had Oliver running down a WR downfield it was great. 

and Milano looks completely healthy now

• Like (+1) 6

34 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They blitzed a lot more this week than have al season long.  Edmunds on a blitz has been pretty lethal.  If he didn’t get pressure it allowed one of the other defenders a chance to penetrate.  I’m hoping this is something they consider next week gains Denver and in Dallas.  Can those QB’s beat the blitz?

I think you blitz against both those teams, and the Steelers. It’s not going to work though against the patriots, where Brady’s rating against the blitz is like 157.0. Not sure about the ravens and Lamar— something tells me blitzing Lamar will cause him to break contain and run wild.