McD has a winning record as bills head coach....just saying

He is the best Head Coach we have had since Marv. If he makes the playoffs this year then coming into a franchise on the longest run in American Sports of missing the the post season and doing it twice in three years is very impressive. The average fan on the street has not idea how hard that kind of culture change is. 

Whether he is a HC who can win us a Superbowl someday remains to be seen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The argument against McDermott is that he had roughly the same record as Marrone or Rex.  

The argument for McDermott is that his teams have had less experience and perhaps, less talent as well.  

I think he’s a good coach, though he does need to rely on an OC to handle the offense.  He is not a great game manager but hopefully he can improve 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

And that is with a season that looked like a complete teardown and rebiuld year.

80 million cap space next year

7 and 3 this year

Another Draft

A GM that knows how to find talent later in the draft

I want to see 6 new starters for next year: WR opposite Brown, RT, G, LDE, SOLB, and CB2. If that happens, then I will announce the Bills as my Super Bowl pick next year on GMFB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Guard?

Probably one of the strengths of our team

It is and I really believe Ford will become a solid RT as well. 

Our Oline is day and night better compard to last year. I'm honestly 100% content with the current setup. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It is and I really believe Ford will become a solid RT as well. 

Our Oline is day and night better compard to last year. I'm honestly 100% content with the current setup. 

Well I'm not. They played well today against the Miami Dolphins. But there have been many recent games where Josh Allen had to run for his life or when the offense repeatedly could not gain a yard or two on the ground when they really needed it. Spain and Feliciano are serviceable, but with $80+ million in cap space (~$95+ when you cut Murphy and Kroft), I'd be looking for something closer to dominant. Ford's future as a RT is also very far from certain. He's only the starter there now because of Nsekhe's injury. Judge these players on their performances over 10 games, not just today. Let's also see how the OL does against stronger overall competition for the final 6 games.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the best Head Coach we have had since Marv. If he makes the playoffs this year then coming into a franchise on the longest run in American Sports of missing the the post season and doing it twice in three years is very impressive. The average fan on the street has not idea how hard that kind of culture change is. 

Whether he is a HC who can win us a Superbowl someday remains to be seen. 

Yes, the "average NFL fan" may not know a lot about how things work in the NFL.

But OTOH, you have to admit that there a LOT of fans who know the game inside & out, and just as well as most coaches and GMs. A bunch of them frequently post in here. It ain't rocket science out there. LOL

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Yes, the "average NFL fan" may not know a lot about how things work in the NFL.

But OTOH, you have to admit that there a LOT of fans who know the game inside & out, and just as well as most coaches and GMs. A bunch of them frequently post in here. It ain't rocket science out there. LOL

Knowing the Xs and Os is different than knowing how hard genuine culture change is. 

8 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

Well I'm not. They played well today against the Miami Dolphins. But there have been many recent games where Josh Allen had to run for his life or when the offense repeatedly could not gain a yard or two on the ground when they really needed it. Spain and Feliciano are serviceable, but with $80+ million in cap space (~$95+ when you cut Murphy and Kroft), I'd be looking for something closer to dominant. Ford's future as a RT is also very far from certain. He's only the starter there now because of Nsekhe's injury. Judge these players on their performances over 10 games, not just today. Let's also see how the OL does against stronger overall competition for the final 6 games.

Fair points.

Bills O-line is rated #2 in the league on run blocking, they do sit 22 in pass protection.

How much of that is due to a new unit in the beginning of the year and constant shuffling by coaching? Also, how much of that is on Allen holding the ball a tad long while he's still learning to read Defenses. Granted it's not perfect yet but not a glaring hole like last year either. I have zero issue if Beane tweaks this line some more in the offseason with all the cap room we will have.  Ford is no lock but has shown promise, I feel comfortable with him developing.