Josh Allen - week ELEVEN report card

rayray808

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

All i know is he hasn't thrown an INT since the Tennessee game...might be one of the longest active streaks of passes without an INT in the NFL

This week it looked like he found a much better balance of not making dumb throws but still being aggressive..the other 3 games it seemed like he was being a little too conservative...

Now whether that was on Allen himself trying to limit the bad INTs or the coaching staff telling him not to throw those passes, Im not sure but today was a noticeable difference. 

I especially liked the aggressive playcalling and tempo after Miami made it 30-20 and the Bills responded with their best drive of the game for a game clinching TD.

10 Passing TDs only 1 INT since the Pats*** game and he's added 4 more TDs on the ground during that stretch. He's now thrown 163 passes without an INT. He's definitely getting better. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

10 Passing TDs only 1 INT since the Pats*** game and he's added 4 more TDs on the ground during that stretch. He's now thrown 163 passes without an INT. He's definitely getting better. 

I agree but i think the 3 games before this he became almost too concerned with not throwing a bad INT to the detriment of him taking some chances. He has to have some gunslinger in him if he is going to succeed they can't coach it out of him...today i think was a much better balance of aggressive play without being overly aggressive.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I agree but i think the 3 games before this he became almost too concerned with not throwing a bad INT to the detriment of him taking some chances. He has to have some gunslinger in him if he is going to succeed they can't coach it out of him...today i think was a much better balance of aggressive play without being overly aggressive.

He threw a 50/50 ball to a well covered Brown on a post that last week I don't think he throws.

Brown fought for it and won... give Allen a few more play-makers like that and his confidence will continue to grow in regards to throwing guys open and trusting them to make a play on the ball.

The o-line did a great job in pass-pro, giving Allen plenty of time. The Dolphins tried the same thing every team has been doing to Allen, loading up the box on 3rd down, but he is getting more used to what teams are doing to confuse and pressure him. Just takes seeing it enough times...we have to be patient.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Josh also had no sacks today I believe...

There were a few plays where he was standing in the pocket for several seconds with nobody near him.  Looked like he wanted to run but hung in and found somebody open.

Allen is apparently the first quarterback since Russell Wilson in 2015 with five consecutive two touchdown, no interception outings.

Not sure if that has been reported on here or not, but I thought it was a cool little nugget.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

He did a Great job, BUT long term he will be injured by running so much.  If he's our guy for the future, he's not going to make it if all the unprotected running continues.

New pads for Josh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPtLXpudL8Cggwu4_FxVc

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I still can't believe how fast he runs.  He really flies, with some serious wiggle.

Also, that straight arm he put on a DT near the sidelines, then the strength to throw it away. 

Most QBs would have been gobbled up.

Yeah, you would like to see him throw it away a bit sooner than that, but that is the competitor in him with eyes downfield till the d-lineman is breathing right down his neck.

He still thought he could shake the guy and make a play, but finally had to concede he was on the verge of taking a sack for a loss.

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Also the OC gave him a chance by calling a very balanced game, 33 passes, 34 runs. Josh will get to the point where he can carry the offense, he's just not there yet. 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I will never understand the fixation on 300 yards.  It's one of the least important game stats for a QB in any single game.

It's not even a game stat, to be honest. Just yards.

• Like (+1) 1