Props where they are due: Ed Oliver

Never know. 

Coaches could have caught something in his game and corrected it during practice this week , cause Oliver looked that much better than in previous games. Even in the run game. I'm hoping this is what we see for the remainder of the season, that'd make this defense that much better, his disruption causes pressure on the whole OL and allows the rest of the DL to get consistent pressure too. Lets go ED

36 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I thought Star had a really good game too...sniffed out a screen pass for a loss and then got a sack...looked like he looped outside because he got Fitz from the left of the screen...

It was probably his best game as a Bill. He stood out for all the right reasons.

52 minutes ago, Whitey13 said:

Haha do you know who you're talking to? Joe is huge on this board about wanting Metcalf and hating the Oliver pick.

Yes, I hope his Not-The-Guy-I-Wanted Syndrome isn't contagious.  Oliver could be an annual All-Pro and some people would still be butthurt.  Even if Oliver becomes a colossal bust and Metcalf dominates, it was still the 100% right pick at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You mean a talented rookie is having an issue adjusting to NFL caliber linemen in his 1st season? Color me shocked 

A top 10 first round pick who was expected to be a dominate player.  Is that who you are talking about as a "talented rookie" ???  Is Knox  the same?  Of course not as he makes big plays every game!

41 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Oliver in my opinion has proved he can be a disruptive pass down DT. He has been a bit exposed in the rush defense department. Going forward I think he figures it out. But against better teams he should only be in on passing downs. 

Fair assessment. Too light in the pants against the run.

Not to be that guy, but what exactly did he do in the game that I missed?  

A sack is a sack, but the dude wasn’t blocked.  He ran in a straight line. 

He did track down a player, but his motor wasn’t questioned.  

I don’t remember seeing him be disruptive against blocks or generate and pressure himself.  Is everyone just looking at those two plays?

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Not to be that guy, but what exactly did he do in the game that I missed?  

A sack is a sack, but the dude wasn’t blocked.  He ran in a straight line. 

He did track down a player, but his motor wasn’t questioned.  

I don’t remember seeing him be disruptive against blocks or generate and pressure himself.  Is everyone just looking at those two plays?

there was a nice run stuff for no gain as well that was all him. and I think he generally was just in the backfield a lot more from what I can remember.

12 hours ago, Stallions said:

A top 10 first round pick who was expected to be a dominate player.  Is that who you are talking about as a "talented rookie" ???  Is Knox  the same?  Of course not as he makes big plays every game!

Well the thread was started about Ed Oliver...But since you bring up Knox he needs more consistent hands but he’s a raw prospect so it comes with the territory 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

Great downfield tackle from behind.  He showed a lot of hustle.  The announcers should have gave him props.

Still amazed at how little the announcers actually observe during a game.   That was a heckuva backside pursuit and run down by a big man.  Very few DT's in the league pull that off

• Like (+1) 1