Can the Detractors Now Admit Allen's Growth?

H2o

Today was probably his best game. 

I don't think anyone sensible would dispute there has been progress from last year. That said, in the same way as nobody was asking to bench him last week nobody should be crowning him this week. 

This was a very encouraging performance now we need to see that consistency game to game. 

• Like (+1) 13

He had a very good game today.  Consistent, no big mistakes.  Against a team where you would expect (and need) that kind of performance.  The difficult part of the schedule is coming up.  If he has this kind of performance against the ravens and cowgirls and basically the remaining schedule, then there should be no more detractors. 

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

I mean sure, the "detractors" can admit when he has a good game. I see no reason why not.

Can you admit when he has a bad one? Or is "detractor" just another term for someone who doesn't pretend they don't see the bad games/throws?

Spot on dude

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

I like Allen and I'm pretty optimistic that we got our guy.  That said, nobody is going to change their mind over a big game against a bottom-feeder.  He'll have plenty of opportunities over the next six* weeks to show how far he's come.

* Really ten weeks of course.

I understand your point, but if he hadn't had this type of performance today the Nancy's would have been out in full force. He's improving as a QB and not turning it over in the process. In the last 6 games he has 10 TD's to 1 INT and he has led the team to more W's than we had all of last season in just 10 games. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

I mean sure, the "detractors" can admit when he has a good game. I see no reason why not.

Can you admit when he has a bad one? Or is "detractor" just another term for someone who doesn't pretend they don't see the bad games/throws?

I like that you show up win or lose.  As you know at least one critic admitted this past week he only shows up when the team loses. Pathetic really.

Solid game byAllen today.

• Like (+1) 1

The Dolphins are a bad defense. That is a factor. 

Its also a factor that this is the first game the OL gave him consistent blocking and time. He had no sacks or fumbles or interceptions. And scrambled well. That is also a factor. 

This game also showed that he has one WR and one only, although Beasley is a decent complementary slot guy. And maybe arguably a decent TE. 

I thought Daboll was awful and entirely predictable and they did well despite him not because of him. 

This is is a very good game considering all those factors. 

• Like (+1) 3

F the Hate or

Josh played GREAT. Dabol got him going with easy throws , fed Singletary , took some pressure off Allen's shoulders and he responded with some great throws and decisions. If we can produce this type of offense on a somewhat weekly basis, we can be a legit contender in the AFC. Can't wait for Bal in 2 weeks

6 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I like Allen and I'm pretty optimistic that we got our guy.  That said, nobody is going to change their mind over a big game against a bottom-feeder.  He'll have plenty of opportunities over the next six* weeks to show how far he's come.

* Really ten weeks of course.

I looooooooove Josh and I'm so sick of all the bashers, but this post is correct. As is often the case when the offense shines, the QB gets all the credit but can we give a nod to the offensive line? Josh had all day to throw. It was beautiful LOL

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Do it against the 4th rated defense next week....and then, maybe...

But Denver could  have a backup safety out ,and will have to wait for the Dallas game 

.......and then, maybe 

My favourite two plays were:

1. When he waited and waited on the balls of his feet in the pocket and threw a 3rd down pass(I think) to brown in the centre of the field. Great presence. 

2. The touchdown to Knox where he waited patiently and threw a calm simple pass for the TD. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

F the Hate or

Josh played GREAT. Dabol got him going with easy throws , fed Singletary , took some pressure off Allen's shoulders and he responded with some great throws and decisions. If we can produce this type of offense on a somewhat weekly basis, we can be a legit contender in the AFC. Can't wait for Bal in 2 weeks

It is Dallas in 2 weeks. 

Denver

Dallas (Thurs)

Mini-bye

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

New England

NYJ

Got to have Denver next week. I think we will win but the team cannot look past that game. 

I like Allen, and I THINK he has progressed from last year to this year.  I still can't say for sure though that he is the long term solution. Today was a good day, but I want/need to see more days like this...and at least a few days like this against a higher quality opponent to be convinced.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Wait 1 game? I want consistency... EVERYONE wants consistency. ***** people put up these attack threads over 1 game, its pathetic.

What....he is not better than last year?

some one needs a diaper change?

• Haha (+1) 1

josh is a winner, a gamer, never gives up, has the clutch gene as in he doesn't shrink in big moments.

i'm glad they drafted him

his first 300 yard game shows some growth

but we are beating last place teams, we've had the easiest schedule in the league for the first 10 games.

josh is ranked 29th in both passer rating and total qbr....thats not good enough.