Can the Detractors Now Admit Allen's Growth?

H2o

Just now, H2o said:

Against a team he was supposed to put up good numbers against, Allen comes through.

Stat line: 21-33 for 256 yards and 3 TD'S

7 carries for 56 yards and 1 TD

7.8 yards per att and 117.7 rtg

He was calm in the pocket, went to his 2nd and 3rd read, put a lot of passes right on the money so the WR could get YAC, beat the blitz on a number of occasions, used his legs when the opportunity presented itself, and he didn't throw an INT for the 5th straight game. The young man is growing as a QB and that should be evident to all. :thumbsup:

You'd think so.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, H2o said:

Against a team he was supposed to put up good numbers against, Allen comes through.

He was calm in the pocket, went to his 2nd and 3rd read, put a lot of passes right on the money so the WR could get YAC, beat the blitz on a number of occasions, used his legs when the opportunity presented itself, and he didn't throw an INT for the 5th straight game. The young man is growing as a QB and that should be evident to all. :thumbsup:

Wait 1 game? I want consistency... EVERYONE wants consistency. ***** people put up these attack threads over 1 game, its not right.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 6

He's better than I thought he'd be at this point when we drafted him.  He was such a raw prospect that I've been pleasantly surprised with his slow but steady growth.  Throwing it away when it's not there and his accuracy on short to intermediate throws is very encouraging.  

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Growth and development is slow for QB's. He is just playing better and better and proving he can be that guy.  There will be ups and downs with the rest of this year and next. 

He's doing a great job, I am so encouraged with what I'm seeing.

When was the last time we could feel fine with 2nd and 20? We can convert just about any long down scenario.  I think that alone should tell the haters/doubters a ton.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean no one is calling for him to be benched, but many are waiting for that signature game. This isn't it.

309 yards 4 tds and a W but "this isn't it". HIs line looks like a Mahomes game but apparently we need that 500 yard game to really be sure.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean no one is calling for him to be benched, but many are waiting for that signature game. This isn't it.

Beat Denver and then go play well on the road vs Dallas.

Yeah, you must not have been on the board this past week. There were numerous people calling for his head and starting threads about which QB we should go after in the offseason. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

I like Allen and I'm pretty optimistic that we got our guy.  That said, nobody is going to change their mind over a big game against a bottom-feeder.  He'll have plenty of opportunities over the next six* weeks to show how far he's come.

* Really ten weeks of course.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yes I agree with everything you've said. He checked into a good run that beat the Blitz and showed a vet throw to make an easier field goal on a field goal drive. Probably his best game as a Bill. 

There are things to consider aswell. It was the Dolphins of which Allen has always played well and there were a couple of quick 3 and outs with inaccurate passes that we tend to see more of on some days. This was a good day in the main! . Lets keep it balanced. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1