Postgame thread: Week 11 Bills defeat Dolphins!

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My favorite part of the game was the TD drive when we were up 30-20. We wisely recognized the defense and special teams was not going to do the job for us, so we stayed aggressive and put the game away. Might have been the best TD drive of the season.

Much to Adam Archuleta's chagrin!<_<  He sure changed his tune after they scored!  Loved it!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Very sad. I didn't want to draft Allen either but it was clear to see he has leadership, character and tons of talent and im all in until hes retired.

Josh’s  work ethic , determination to want to always be better I think will go far in determining his success in the league. Ifs pretty cool problem to try and utilize his talent. It’s really just flat out stupid to criticize every throw like his career will be a failure. He’s exciting, bound to make mistakes like every other qb. Unless you have an agenda how can you not root for this kid.once his rookie deal is up if it ain’t working out, that will be it. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

I would say they have to beat Denver, Pit and the Jets or else 9-7 it is 

Probably right, but Bills usually grab at least one game they shouldn’t win at some point in the season against a “superior” team.  We haven’t had that one yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Probably right, but Bills usually grab at least one game they shouldn’t win at some point in the season against a “superior” team.  We haven’t had that one yet. 

True, Pats are showing cracks in the armor and you never know which Cowboy team will show up

• Like (+1) 1

Bills Mobile: Game Recap | Josh Allen and the Bills light up the scoreboard in win against Miami
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/game-recap-josh-allen-and-the-bills-light-up-the-scoreboard-in-win-against-miami

John Brown has now notched his 10th consecutive 4-catch/50-yard performance, extending the team record he established last week. His 760 receiving yards also marks a team record for the most yards by a Bill in their first 10 games.

John Brown is now past 50 catches on the season, making him the fastest Bill (10 games) to 50 catches since Stevie Johnson (10 games) in 2010.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey @Joe in Winslow what did you think of your boy little Ed today? 

Played more snaps today than the previous few games and definitely flashed at times 

That kick return for a TD has me freaking out on the couch. Thanks to@Hapless Bills Fan for some solid advice on how to manage my instability...

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Hey @Joe in Winslow what did you think of your boy little Ed today? 

Played more snaps today than the previous few games and definitely flashed at times 

That kick return for a TD has me freaking out on the couch. Thanks to@Hapless Bills Fan for some solid advice on how to manage my instability...

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/220486-props-where-they-are-due-ed-oliver/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Some observations on an excellent Bill's win:

*  The defense softened a bit in the 2nd half but in the first half they were ferocious and set the tempo for the game.

*   The offense fed off the defense and scored 23 fist half points.

*  Allen was fantastic.  If ever a game showed the complete meaninglessness of a 300 yard passing game today was it.  Fitz had over 300 yards passing and Miami only scored 13 points on offense.  Also take a look at the Carolina Panthers/Atlanta Falcons game - Kyle Allen had over 300 yards passing and threw 4 interceptions and his team only scored 3 points.  It's time to drop the 300 yard passing game fetish.

*  As others have noted that last Bills TD drive was a thing of beauty.  After Miami had crawled back into the game the Bills put the dagger in their heart by going 80 yards and putting the game away with Allen's 3rd TD pass.  AA is still trying to figure out why the Bills weren't trying to bleed every second off the clock.  It's called rhythm.

*  A shout out to the Bills fans that took over the Miami stadium.  It was a hoot seeing Bills players waving their arms to get crowd noise when the Dolphins had the ball. 

*  Allen's 40 yard TD pass to Brown was a thing of beauty.  First the throw was otherworldly as he put it on a rope to Brown.  But even more impressive was that the throw was an audible by Allen as he correctly read the defense and looked off the safety.  Allen is improving.  

*  Edmunds & Milano probably had their best day on defense as a tandem.  They were both on fire.

*  It is noteworthy when a team has their best record in 20 years after 10 games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

You ever stop to think that this is their potential? Until they show us otherwise, what you see is what they are.  Yes they are improving but as far as true contention they don't pass the eye test.

Exactly right!

They are good enough to beat all the stiff, Division 3 Teams, but have failed against anyone else.