Ty Nsekhe injury - Updated to “day to day”

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Steve O said:

Absolutely agree. Several months ago someone quoted one of my posts and said "Your nuts." Felt like telling him that if he was referring to some legumes I own or to a part of my anatomy, he would have to expand on what it was about my nuts he wanted to discuss. If he was referring to the fact that my post wasn't rationale, at least have the decency to use proper grammar when insulting me.

Turns out he was right though. It was before last season, list of best Bills at every position. I felt Hauschka should have been selected instead of Christie. Past two seasons have certainly proved me wrong.

At least he got the pluralization right, and didn’t say “your nut’s”

This was an underrated loss. We can probably overcome it with more max protect looks and running formations but at some point Ford and Dawkins are going to have to survive on an island against a good pass rush. I trusted Nsekhe. Next man up. 

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If you guys think Ford was bad, wait until we put Bates or some off-the-street guy in there.  

Ford is a talented rookie; he will continue to grow. Lumps are part of the process.  We should not be talking about moving him to guard, or some emergency scenario where we move guys outside or bring in some street FA. 

Part of the reason he's taken lumps is likely due to him being yanking back and forth between two positions all training camp and even in  couple of regular season games.  I'm sure this is somewhat true for the entire line as Morse (and a 2nd person, can't recall who) being hurt in pre-season created alot of juggling.   I'm OK with moving him to guard IF that's the permanent plan.  At this point, not likely that's the plan so leave him there.  I wouldn't be upset if during the off-season they decide not to resign Spain, move Ford to guard, and draft a true tackle, either right or left.

Wasn't it the Titans game we did very well with back-ups on the right side of the line when Feliciano went down, and both Nsekhe and Ford were out? I could be completely off, but I recall either that game or one other where Bates came in and held his own at RT, and enough so that we were able to finish the game off on an offensive drive - but he was in for each play. I think Ford swung inside to spell Feliciano actually, either that or Long came in and Bates/Ford rotated at RT...lawd I gotta look this up...

Needless to say, I'd rather we rotate Bates in with Ford if the rotation is really that necessary. But Sunday will be a test against this DL for sure.

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Hi Dan Darragh.

I might be the only Bills fan that used to love Dan Darragh play, man he was not afraid to air the ball out, like an old AFL QB.

You're one of the few geezers left on this board. 

I had a case with Dan when he was practicing law in Buffalo in the 1980s.  One day I said to him "Dan, why does your name sound familiar to me?"  He responded "I used to be the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills."  Talk about a conversation stopper!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

You're one of the few geezers left on this board. 

I had a case with Dan when he was practicing law in Buffalo in the 1980s.  One day I said to him "Dan, why does your name sound familiar to me?"  He responded "I used to be the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills."  Talk about a conversation stopper!

Was 8 or 9 when he played. Wasn't  he one of the 4 QBs who played for Bills in 1968.  Helped us tank for OK.  Thanks Dan!

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Hi Dan Darragh.

I might be the only Bills fan that used to love Dan Darragh play, man he was not afraid to air the ball out, like an old AFL QB.

You’re  not. My Grandmother (RIP) sewed me a Darragh #10 jersey in ‘69.

So, what’s the injury? Broken ankle?

I've read only a few people here eager to see what Ryan Bates can offer in a backup/swing/platoon role. That surprises me after Beane's August move to grab him in a trade (must have liked him during the draft process), and his (admittedly limited) performance against the Titans to close out that game in relief.

Here's some literature about the acquisition and how Bates was viewed as a promising under-the-radar lineman coming out of Penn State with position flex and above average athleticism: 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/bills-acquire-offensive-lineman-ryan-bates-trade-eagles#:~:targetText=The Buffalo Bills made a,for defensive end Eli Harold.&targetText=Back in May%2C Daniel Jeremiah,Undrafted All-Star Team.” 

Rookie is likely to get some snaps this Sunday. I'm interested in how he holds up.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I've read only a few people here eager to see what Ryan Bates can offer in a backup/swing/platoon role. That surprises me after Beane's August move to grab him in a trade (must have liked him during the draft process), and his (admittedly limited) performance against the Titans to close out that game in relief.

Here's some literature about the acquisition and how Bates was viewed as a promising under-the-radar lineman coming out of Penn State with position flex and above average athleticism: 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/bills-acquire-offensive-lineman-ryan-bates-trade-eagles#:~:targetText=The Buffalo Bills made a,for defensive end Eli Harold.&targetText=Back in May%2C Daniel Jeremiah,Undrafted All-Star Team.” 

Rookie is likely to get some snaps this Sunday. I'm interested in how he holds up.

Same. I'm tentatively optimistic, but he's in for a challenege and I'm not sure how many snaps he gets.