Ty Nsekhe injury - Updated to “day to day”

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Estro said:

Or the Bills are just waiting to announce hes done for the season once they figure out what they want to do with his roster spot.

Quite possibly.

It might also be a situation here they need to wait for a week or two to see how he responds to treatment, to see if they can get a timeline for potential availability especially as he's no spring chicken.

This appears to be the exact sort of situation, that the investment in the new training and medical facilities, is there to help with, by shortening recovery times. Fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lol.... as in “ the only thing “ the Doctor has that I don’t is a medical degree !  smh

I think it’s been established he isn’t a doctor. Also, I take it you’ve never had experience with doctors being wrong? An individual that finishes last in their class in med school is still considered a doctor. Doesn’t make them a good one. Sure, experience counts and shouldn’t be discounted, but to act like docs don’t make mistakes (especially guys who aren’t doctors on twitter with no more information than the rest of us) is equally LOL/SMH worthy. 

Anyway, he even admitted he was wrong, so what does it matter?

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I think it’s been established he isn’t a doctor. Also, I take it you’ve never had experience with doctors being wrong? An individual that finishes last in their class in med school is still considered a doctor. Doesn’t make them a good one. Sure, experience counts and shouldn’t be discounted, but to act like docs don’t make mistakes (especially guys who aren’t doctors on twitter with no more information than the rest of us) is equally LOL/SMH worthy. 

Of course they make mistakes; who said they don’t ? I’ll still take that ( fwiw) over Joe Anyfan who considers himself an expert on the interwebs.

9 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Somewhere out there is the world's worst doctor.

• Like (+1) 1

What a difference the new training facility/sports science has been for the Bills. Years ago, it seems the Bills lead the league every year with the amount of players on IR. For the most part this season, the Bills have been healthy and the injuries are less severe.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

What a difference the new training facility/sports science has been for the Bills. Years ago, it seems the Bills lead the league every year with the amount of players on IR. For the most part this season, the Bills have been healthy and the injuries are less severe.

Curse you!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Best case scenario stuff here. Crazy that he did not have a fracture. 

Those soft tissue and tendon injuries can linger longer than a fracture healing - either way, they both are going to impact what he can do as it will be a while before he can put his full weight on that joint and have it hold up. And after that, you have to get the strength back that you had before...to get back into game condition.

My guess is that he will be out for the remainder of the season, unless we go deep into the playoffs... (dare we hope). The Bills sports med facility and staff I think have come a long way, not sure what miracles they can perform, but believe he is in good hands looking at the way they did not rush Singletary back from the hammy. In the past, teams would do that and it would be a recurring issue for the player. So far (knock on wood) Singletary does not look like he has lost any of his burst or acceleration, and does not seem to be dealing with it tightening up on him over the course of a game.

The Bills have been super fortunate when it comes to injuries. H.Phillips is the only major injury I can think of (Singletary was out for a bit but I can't think of any other injury where a player was out for more than 3 weeks) it helps that the team is fairly deep but they haven't had to use the depth much this year. I think a week ago they literally had no one on the injury report a rarity this deep into the NFL season. Hopefully this is a sign of a improving training staff as opposed to a case of fortune. 

Just now, WideNine said:

Those soft tissue and tendon injuries can linger longer than a fracture healing - either way, they both are going to impact what he can do as it will be a while before he can put his full weight on that joint and have it hold up. And after that, you have to get the strength back that you had before...to get back into game condition.

My guess is that he will be out for the remainder of the season, unless we go deep into the playoffs... (dare we hope). The Bills sports med facility and staff I think have come a long way, not sure what miracles they can perform, but believe he is in good hands looking at the way they did not rush Singletary back from the hammy. In the past, teams would do that and it would be a recurring issue for the player. So far (knock on wood) Singletary does not look like he has lost any of his burst or acceleration, and does not seem to be dealing with it tightening up on him over the course of a game.

It's deep into November I wouldn't be shocked to see it take until January for him to be available. But this injury already wasn't as bad as expected so maybe this is just a 2-3 week injury? 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

He is not a medical doctor, but he is a doctor of physical therapy. He doesn't say definitively what happened, nor is presuming to make diagnoses. He makes predictions based on context clues, using his expertise, to provide insights on the possible outcomes of an injury, as well as what each injury will require for recovery time. 

18 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I'd say 4-6 ,weeks probably. But I'm no doc. Still better than a brake or dislocation.