Around the League, week 11

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I always make fun of Chucky.

gruden-chucky.jpg

That doesn't mean I said he sucks.

Mayock? For sure ... I have said he's not cut out for it.   IMO one season doesn't make a great GM

I've always liked Carr.

Which team will struggle more in the higher altitude?  - Mexico City is 7,382 ft above sea level.   that's 2,000 higher than Denver 

I think Mayock had a very good draft. Credit where credit is due. Maxx Crosby (4th round; 6.5 sacks) has been way better than expected, and Hunter Renfrow is very productive for a fifth rounder. Two of the three first rounders -- Jacobs and Ferrell -- are playing well (Abram is injured). 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know the bengals are bad - but man the steelers are banged up...

JuJu has 2 injuries, their #2 receiver johnson is also hurt, they couldnt run the ball before and they're out pouncey for a few weeks with a suspension.  

They played a few weeks back and pittsburgh beat them down (8 sacks, 2 takeaways, 175 total yards) - So they probably take this one... but i wouldn't be counting W's on their schedule outside of maybe this one.  Especially with how much Rudolph has regressed recently.  They're going to need turnovers and short fields to even win this game comfortably, but I'm not sure they're going to do enough to finish above like 8 wins this year.  

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I know the bengals are bad - but man the steelers are banged up...

JuJu has 2 injuries, their #2 receiver johnson is also hurt, they couldnt run the ball before and they're out pouncey for a few weeks with a suspension.  

They played a few weeks back and pittsburgh beat them down (8 sacks, 2 takeaways, 175 total yards) - So they probably take this one... but i wouldn't be counting W's on their schedule outside of maybe this one.  Especially with how much Rudolph has regressed recently.  They're going to need turnovers and short fields to even win this game comfortably, but I'm not sure they're going to do enough to finish above like 8 wins this year.  

Connor is also out again and Samuels is pretty awful. That D is strong though. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I have to be honest, I’ve lambasted the Raiders since hiring chuckie and have overall considered him an idiot out of his depth. That being said, they’ve done really well this year. Imagine if AB had been a good soldier and come to play?

I never understood and still don’t understand why people dismissed Gruden so easily. The NFL is watered down now, he was good before all that. I don’t think he is BB but isn’t it fair to say that he is easily top 10?

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I always make fun of Chucky.

gruden-chucky.jpg

That doesn't mean I said he sucks.

Mayock? For sure ... I have said he's not cut out for it.   IMO one season doesn't make a great GM

I've always liked Carr.

Which team will struggle more in the higher altitude?  - Mexico City is 7,382 ft above sea level.   that's 2,000 higher than Denver 

I feel a bit the opposite. Whether Gruden is really still a championship calibre coach I am not sure but has done a terrific job this season so far. 

I never had any doubts Mike Mayock could make that thing work. He has a real genuine eye for talent. 

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think Mayock had a very good draft. Credit where credit is due. Maxx Crosby (4th round; 6.5 sacks) has been way better than expected, and Hunter Renfrow is very productive for a fifth rounder. Two of the three first rounders -- Jacobs and Ferrell -- are playing well (Abram is injured). 

Crosby and Metcalf were considered draft process/workout warriors...........now both kicking ass in meaningful games in the NFL as rookies.   

• Like (+1) 1

So Rashawn Jenkins, the Chargers DB who just intercepted Mahommes, bought a BMW this past week at the BMW dealership my brother works at in Colorado Springs while the Chargers were here practicing at the Air Force Academy.  He said he was going to pick of Mahommes tonight, and by God he did it. Kind of a cool story, I guess.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Why’s that funny? Were you one of the many laughing at Gruden and Mayock? Raiders play hard and Carr is completing 70 percent? Or so of his passes. 

Mahomes was/is hurt, KC might be the most one sided team off all time. Best O and worst D. 

Good points.

Everyone was mocking Gruden for unloading Mack for a boatload.

Now Chicago is circling the drain and Oakland is 6-4 and has 2 1st round (Bears picks getting better by the week) and 3 3rd round picks next year.

But, hey, at least the Bears got a pass rusher who can pad his stats while the team flames out!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I never understood and still don’t understand why people dismissed Gruden so easily. The NFL is watered down now, he was good before all that. I don’t think he is BB but isn’t it fair to say that he is easily top 10?

His resume gets a lot of milage out of winning a SB that Tony Dungy paid for. After that he was pretty mediocre in TB. Until he shows anything this run he's no where near the top 15, let alone 10. That being said- he's doing a good job so far.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

His resume gets a lot of milage out of winning a SB that Tony Dungy paid for. After that he was pretty mediocre in TB. Until he shows anything this run he's no where near the top 15, let alone 10. That being said- he's doing a good job so far.

I’m not talking all time. Out of the 32 current coaches he has to be close to the top 10. There are plenty of bad coaches out there and he has had success. I was just surprised how many people mocked him as soon as he was hired. 

Maybe folks thought he was a joke after listening and watching his broadcasts?

6 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I’m not talking all time. Out of the 32 current coaches he has to be close to the top 10. There are plenty of bad coaches out there and he has had success. I was just surprised how many people mocked him as soon as he was hired. 

Maybe folks thought he was a joke after listening and watching his broadcasts?

I disagree. Not that he can’t be, but that he hasn’t done anything to be. 

BB

Carrol

McVey

Shanahan

Peyton

Zimmer

Pederson

Reid

Reich

Tomlin

Harbaugh

McDermott

i would say all of these guys have a strong argument for being before Gruden. So he might be near the the top 15, but I don’t think he’s done enough to be top 10.