Gameday! Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

Aggressiveness (AGG%)
Aggressiveness tracks the amount of passing attempts a quarterback makes that are into tight coverage, where there is a defender within 1 yard or less of the receiver at the time of completion or incompletion. AGG is shown as a % of attempts into tight windows over all passing attempts.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#aggressiveness

agg.jpg

27 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

But to think Allen isn’t holding back the offense, based on his play, I don’t know what you’re watching.

Allen holds back the offense to some degree, as does Daboll, and the offensive line, and the entire supporting cast around him. I don't know what you expect. The offense is doing about as well as you could hope given the overall talent level. Guarantee you next year Beane will go all out to find a true #1 receiver.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why did we bring Yeldon here? And also why wouldn’t you just have kept Murphy if this guy was going to sit every week. We have almost nothing on offense and this guy can catch the ball out of the backfield and be a legitimate 3rd option in the passing game. You are paying a veteran RB to sit every week. It’s senseless 

As insurance before the draft.  He evidently was good enough to make the team but not to make the active Sunday squad every week.

1 minute ago, ILBillsfan said:

Could also be the tell tell that WR's are not getting good separation and the Bills still need that stud #1 WR the posters are asking for 

Could be.  I know that Allen has missed some open ones.  Every QB does.  People act as if its every play though because they see one or two plays from some dude posting all22.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

True confession time:  Last week may be my fault.  I purchased a bottle of "Josh" label wine that Friday.  Then I left it in the cellar on Sunday.

After consultation with the Best Minds found in the Shoutbox (not to be confused with Best Minds Anywhere ?), it was determined that the correct course of action is not to return the bottle, but to open it and drink every drop prior to the 4th Q.

I shall sacrifice my liver to the cause of Squishing the Fish!  You're all welcome.

Imma drinkin.....

2017 vintage, to match his last college ball

It's not bad.  In fact, it's a lot better than I thought it would be.  It's OK. It's actually pretty good sometimes

Might even evolve to "damn good" after a few glasses.

IMG_E7183[1].JPG

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This made me laugh out loud.  What does this even mean?

Tom Brady basically plays like a little girl, and that seems to have been plenty good enough over the years.

We don't need Josh to go Super Hero and kill the opposing team with his bare hands.

I'm just asking that he complete some passes!

He needs to make smarter decisions and not panic like a child.  He needs to not let the little things affect his fragile confidence which affects the rest of the game. 

He has to stop regressing. 

child like qualities:

1. making better decisions 

2. not to overreact and panic

3. Dont let the little things get him down

4. Don’t let his low confidence affect future drives. 

Edited by Kiva

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They come from nextgenstats, which is an official NFL site.  It's called AGG%.  I have no idea what his or their completion percentage is on those throws.  That wasn't your argument so don't try to change it.  You said Allen would not throw a ball until a receiver was open and that can't really be debated.  I just proved your statement false.  Changing the argument doesn't make your statement correct. Nice try at changing the "debate" though.

Oh jeez, I said Allen holds back the offense because he lacks in areas top QBs are proficient in, including throwing receivers open. He waits until receivers are open before throwing it, because that’s where the vast majority of his attempts and completions come from. A stat saying Allen throws into a tight window 14% of the time lacks a lot of context, it’s just a naked stat. It’s higher than those other QBs you referenced, but is it because he fails to see another open player during the same play? Is he completing those tight window passes? Look, I’d love to see Allen succeed, he’s QB of my team, but let’s not act like the offensive struggles are not a product of QB play. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Imma drinkin.....

It's not bad.  In fact, it's a lot better than I thought it would be.  It's OK. It's actually pretty good sometimes

IMG_E7183[1].JPG

How is it?  Does it finish well?  LOL

Edited by ColoradoBills

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Imma drinkin.....

IMG_E7183[1].JPG

Well now you must make amends to get rid of the curse.  You have to find a box of Flutie Flakes and eat them with the wine.

Just now, 5ths the charm said:

People say stuff to let it out. Other teams have little in terms of knowledgeable fans. If we didn't care we wouldn't share!

I am here for this passion for the Bills. It just never ceases to amaze me how definitive and final so many of these judgements are. How the heck should any of us know how these decisions and performances will pan out. We don’t even know what the pay designs really are. So in the end, it becomes a fools endeavor to try to act like we know whether or not a player or coach is good or an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Kiva said:

He needs to make smarter decision and not panic like a child.  He needs to not let the little things affect his fragile confidence which affects the rest of the game. 

He has to stop regressing. 

Welcome to the board, look forward to more of your expert analysis.

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Oh jeez, I said Allen holds back the offense because he lacks in areas top QBs are proficient in, including throwing receivers open. He waits until receivers are open before throwing it, because that’s where the vast majority of his attempts and completions come from. A stat saying Allen throws into a tight window 14% of the time lacks a lot of context, it’s just a naked stat. It’s higher than those other QBs you referenced, but is it because he fails to see another open player during the same play? Is he completing those tight window passes? Look, I’d love to see Allen succeed, he’s QB of my team, but let’s not act like the offensive struggles are not a product of QB play. 

What you spoke was wrong.  Now you try and twist it into something that wasn't what you said.  I am done with the conversation about it.  You said he doesn't throw to receivers that aren't open.  I showed that he does  14% of the time.  I also showed the good QBs that do it less than him.

Does Allen have a lot to work and improve on?  Yes.  Is he as good as those other QBs at this point? No  However, what you said was wrong period

I am done now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Less than an hour to kickoff... time to crank-up the hate!

It’s ok Allen will have a CAREER numbers TODAY!!!!  

1st 300 yard passing game 4TD’s including a 65 yard ? for a TD 

GOOOO BIIIIIIlLL$

Edited by Putin