Gameday! Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, SCBills said:

I do get it, but at some point, even if it’s not completely Foster’s fault, we need to see production from him.   

We know Josh’s strength are those 10-20 yard darts, which seems to be an area we could utilize a big bodied WR like Duke.  

Of course, if “play fearless” changes the dynamic and we finally see the big play ability back in this offense, then I certainly won’t be questioning Foster over Duke anymore. 

I wonder if someone who really studied the all22 could comment on Duke’s ability to gain separation. When I sporadically focused on him, he wasn’t usually open and that is why I think he is likely riding the pine. I would guess he doesn’t dress again today. 

This is more less the game where my expectations can be proven right, or wrong. I’ve maintained an expectation that the offense will get on track and will preform like a playoff team down the stretch allowing us to go 11-5 and make the playoffs easily. This is the first step in that expectation. The timing is right coming off an embarrassing loss, the motivation seems to be there based on what we’re hearing internally, and the opponent is a great launching point. I won’t be doom and gloom if it  doesn’t happen, but if we don’t show efficiency this week on Offense I will have a harder time defending my 11-5 gut feeling- even if we win. 

Im hoping to be very happy with what they show!

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Get it big man! 3 sacks! Let’s go!

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Jamie Nails said:

If we don’t play fearless today, I see quips for days, weeks, years even

I’ll believe the playing feerless quote when he trusts Josh to throw a bomb that can be caught even if it can be picked. 

I’ll believe the playing feerless quote when we actually use play action on 3rd and 2 instead of handing the ball to Gore for no gain.

I’ll believe the playing feerless quote when we run blitz on first down against an inferior opponent. 

I’ll believe the playing feerless quote when McD mandates that Singletary gets 17-25 touches per game. 

Right now his culture is talking about culture. Winners take action and stop talking. 

26 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Oh good. Another week of prioritizing special teams “talents” such as Sinorise Perry and Julian Stanford who offer virtually nothing to their side of the ball, over guys that can help the anemic offense such as Yeldon and Duke. Stoked!

I get the Perry thing, but Stanford is basically the only backup LB on the roster...and he's actually pretty solid. There were times last season in which he outplayed Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Last week I was very hesitant all day about the game... I knew we could win, but it didn’t feel great... today, I feel great. Could be nothing, could be gas, or it could be an omen for the ass-whopping of the century! Let’s go!!!! Bills by 30!

I don’t know that I’ve heard the motivation and focus that I’ve heard this past week after the Cleveland loss from these players and coaches.  

It seemed like they finally realized that playing safe can blow up in their faces.  It easy to stay the course at 6-2, but that loss, it seems, opened their eyes. 

We may not have the elite offensive talent of Cleveland or KC, but we have a decent OL, a stud young RB and a lot of speed with a QB who can make every throw in the book.  The ingredients are there to, at least, be a middle of the pack offense that is capable of some explosive games. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I get the Perry thing, but Stanford is basically the only backup LB on the roster...and he's actually pretty solid. There were times last season in which he outplayed Edmunds.

Agreed. I think a lot of people forget that there are three aspects to a football team and that special teams is actually pretty darn key. I wish that Duke and/or TJ were more effective  on special teams in order to get them on to the game day roster, but they aren’t and you need to have players to play special teams and do it effectively.

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Is it?  Lets look at some teams against the Browns this year

BILLS: 41 pass 20 runs

SF: 29 pass 40 runs

SEA: 33 pass 38 runs

NE: 36 pass 27 runs

BAL: 34 pass  29 runs

Those include QB runs as well.  Im not spending the time to separate designed runs vs scrambles.  It appears to me that teams are a little more balanced while we went pass heavy.

We dropped Allen back 48 times , I believe 1 was a designed run . Our RBs carries the ball 13 times ! In a one score game , unacceptable , mind boggling play calling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

We dropped Allen back 48 times , I believe 1 was a designed run . Our RBs carries the ball 13 times ! In a one score game , unacceptable , mind boggling play calling. 

Exactly and this is why I take issue with Daboll. The game plan from week to week just always seems counter productive whether we win or lose.