Gameday! Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I live in Palm Beach County.  All of Florida got a cold snap last night and it is colder right now (61 degrees) than it has been down here in many months.

It's a gray, overcast, cold day here by S. FL standards.

I'm sure it will still feel hot to guys already used to cold weather in Buffalo though.

Not nearly as hot and humid as it could have been however, which might help us some.

Humidity is usually the killer for visiting teams, so just not being as humid is a plus.

And the visiting bench is usually in the sun, so that’s good.

Wont mean much if they can’t stop the run tho.

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

So the Fins will be wearing long sleeves today??

You may laugh but I turned the heat on in my house.  Interior air temp was like 71 degrees when I woke up and that felt very cold to me.  

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And if they win to go to 7-3 will you still have "concerns?"

By the way, "concern" has become the most overused word in the history of this board this season.

On the bright side, it has eclipsed McBean.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It means great QBs elevate the level of play of those around them. You’d get greater production out of those “covered” WRs with a better QB.

John Brown is having the best season of his career, statistically. I think Allen's strengths are elevating his play. Of course Allen needs to keep improving. But let's not act like he's holding back the talent on this offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You may laugh but I turned the heat on in my house.  Interior air temp was like 71 degrees when I woke up and that felt very cold to me.  

I wouldn’t laugh. I get it but I will laugh if I see a single Dolphin with long sleeves on..

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

So is Lee Smith. :thumbdown:

Can someone tape all of Lee’s fingers together on each hand so he can’t possible hold??? Now that’s innovative coaching ! 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

John Brown is having the best season of his career, statistically. I think Allen's strengths are elevating his play. Of course Allen needs to keep improving. But let's not act like he's holding back the talent on this offense.

True, Brown is having a career year, despite missing on many other plays. But to think Allen isn’t holding back the offense, based on his play, I don’t know what you’re watching. Every QB leaves plays on the field, but because our receivers have to be open before Allen throws the ball (and even then he doesn’t always throw it) we leave more plays on the field versus those teams who have better QBs. It really can’t be debated.

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And if they win to go to 7-3 will you still have "concerns?"

By the way, "concern" has become the most overused word in the history of this board this season.

Yup, I will until his decisions start making sense.

I’m also sorry that my concerns concern you.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Like (+1) 1

Why did we bring Yeldon here? And also why wouldn’t you just have kept Murphy if this guy was going to sit every week. We have almost nothing on offense and this guy can catch the ball out of the backfield and be a legitimate 3rd option in the passing game. You are paying a veteran RB to sit every week. It’s senseless 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...great.....a "sea of yellow" forthcoming...SMH.............

If he commits multiple penalties today, then he should be benched for the rest of the season.

Give Sweeney a chance. Smith can be the motivational locker room guy on the sidelines.

Also, I know that Senorise Perry & Patrick DiMarco are Special Teams aces, but can we please give T.J. Yeldon more playing time. I know that he's just an average running back, but he's a damn good receiver. Remember our lone touchdown against the Patriots* this season? He had two big catches on that drive. Let's give our offense all the weapons it has.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

True, Brown is having a career year, despite missing on many other plays. But to think Allen isn’t holding back the offense, based on his play, I don’t know what you’re watching. Every QB leaves plays on the field, but because our receivers have to be open before Allen throws the ball (and even then he doesn’t always throw it) we leave more plays on the field versus those teams who have better QBs. It really can’t be debated.

Allen's tight window throws are 14.1% of his passes.  That is higher than Bridgewater, Brady, Goff, Garroppolo, Rodgers, Ryan, Flacco, Brees, Mahomes, and Cousins.

There I just debated it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Allen's tight window throws are 14.1% of his passes.  That is higher than Bridgewater, Brady, Goff, Garroppolo, Rodgers, Ryan, Flacco, Brees, Mahomes, and Cousins.

There I just debated it.

You’re not going to win a debate with the knuckleheads hellbent on proving that Allen sucks.