Gameday! Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

The reality is, on most plays receivers will appear covered. It’s on the QB to “throw them open” the majority of the time. Saying Duke doesn’t get open is only true to an extent, if he (Or any of the other receivers on the roster) had a top shelf QB throwing the ball, those players would be in a better position to succeed (or fail if they’re not up to catching passes in tight quarters).

26 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I wonder if someone who really studied the all22 could comment on Duke’s ability to gain separation. When I sporadically focused on him, he wasn’t usually open and that is why I think he is likely riding the pine. I would guess he doesn’t dress again today. 

I don't think he gets a lot of separation.  He is a dependable possession receiver.  He has 6 catches on 7 targets for 58 yards 9.7 ypc and 1 TD.  Doesn't seem like a lot but he hasn't been on the field much and being active almost never.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

The reality is, on most plays receivers will appear covered. It’s on the QB to “throw them open” the majority of the time. Saying Duke doesn’t get open is only true to an extent, if he (Or any of the other receivers on the roster) had a top shelf QB throwing the ball, those players would be in a better position to succeed (or fail if they’re not up to catching passes in tight quarters).

So that means that great QBs can get by with crap WRs. I don’t buy it. 

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Looks overcast, so no real advantage temperature wise.

I live in Palm Beach County.  All of Florida got a cold snap last night and it is colder right now (61 degrees) than it has been down here in many months.

It's a gray, overcast, cold day here by S. FL standards.

I'm sure it will still feel hot to guys already used to cold weather in Buffalo though.

Not nearly as hot and humid as it could have been however, which might help us some.

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Can’t believe they aren’t dressing future Bills wall of famer Duke Williams

It just Baffles me Duke or Vincent Taylor don’t get to suit up, but players like Robert Foster and Jaquan are just huge contributors.... I thought WR and DT are pretty weak right now. Besides STs I thought Duke and Taylor have played solid on offense and defense .... Foster hasn’t done anything and Jaquan is like puny and kick coverage. Got it.

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

The only shame is that I’m not alone as someone who was firmly in his corner who has serious concerns. His in game decision making, hands off approach to his OC etc are not helping this team get better.

And if they win to go to 7-3 will you still have "concerns?"

By the way, "concern" has become the most overused word in the history of this board this season.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I live in Palm Beach County.  All of Florida got a cold snap last night and it is colder right now (61 degrees) than it has been down here in many months.

It's a gray, overcast, cold day here by S. FL standards.

I'm sure it will still feel hot to guys already used to cold weather in Buffalo though.

Not nearly as hot and humid as it could have been however, which might help us some.

So the Fins will be wearing long sleeves today??

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Watch guys like Rodgers and Brady throw completions.  Sometimes the receiver is literally perfectly, tightly covered the entire time and it still doesn't matter.  The ball goes where it has to for the catch and it only has to sneak in that tiny window for a fraction of a second for the defender to not be able to break it up.

Brady completed about 10 million passes to Gronk like this over the years.  Plays where he was basically never open at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Locomark said:

So that means that great QBs can get by with crap WRs. I don’t buy it. 

It means great QBs elevate the level of play of those around them. You’d get greater production out of those “covered” WRs with a better QB.