Gameday! Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we will win by a touchdown. Preston Williams is a significant loss for them from the last game. 

Buffalo 20 Miami 13

Before the last game pretty much  no Bills fan knew who Preston Williams was. Now he is a significant loss. Hopefully we don't create any more Dolphins short term superstars like Preston Willams or Jay Ajayi.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Help is appreciated if anyone knows the best place to watch in Asheville, NC. Internet seems to be telling me Nantahala Brewing Company (an “event room”) is the official Bills Backer bar, but some Bier Garden place pops up too. Very little info about the venues on line (Google street view for one looks like an empty store front), so it seems sketchier than I would have expected. 

Big day in so many ways! 

Hit the Bier Garden. Been a while since I was in Asheville, but even if it’s not the “backer” location it’s still a great place to catch a game. The downside is if it’s a big game day you might be SOL if you don’t show up early. I went on a Saturday and it was packed for college ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

well fellas, first for me today..I am betting a favorite for the first time in almost two years. I think the Bills really just steamroll the Dolphins today. 

and for @EmotionallyUnstable, my day is

Fart around on internet

coffee with some DiCamillos toast

leaves

homemade hot  italian sub..

Get fire going out on porch..low 40's and windy today..gunna need a good fire out there

Bills win

Bet 20% of winnings on the Eagles

Make dinner whilst watching Pats lose..roast chicken and root vegetables, roasted potatoes prep the Serious Eats way. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/12/the-best-roast-potatoes-ever-recipe.html

Prime Time

Bed time by 9 PM!

I'm 4 days past knee surgery. I think I'm allowed to have a beer now. Just had pancake breakfast with the family.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I remember a game in Miami with Losman and the Bills doing this very thing a few years ago! Let’s do it again! 

Edit:  whoops— never mind. I forgot about the rest of the game. So Billsy!!

The Dolphins played host to the Bills on Dec. 4 in 2005 in a game that produced the greatest fourth-quarter comeback in franchise history. The Dolphins fell behind 21-0 in the first quarter on three touchdown passes from JP Losman to Lee Evans and took a 23-3 lead in the third quarter with a safety, during which Dolphins starting quarterback Gus Frerotte was knocked out with an injury. Sage Rosenfels came on in relief and guided the Dolphins to three touchdowns in the fourth quarter, the last coming on a 4-yard pass to Chris Chambers with six seconds left for an improbable 24-23 victory. Read more "Matchup Memories" here.

The only saving grace to that fiasco was that the Bills were already 4-7 and not even "in the hunt" so the loss wasn't particularly disastrous.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

well fellas, first for me today..I am betting a favorite for the first time in almost two years. I think the Bills really just steamroll the Dolphins today. 

and for @EmotionallyUnstable, my day is

Fart around on internet

coffee with some DiCamillos toast

leaves

homemade hot  italian sub..

Get fire going out on porch..low 40's and windy today..gunna need a good fire out there

Bills win

Bet 20% of winnings on the Eagles

Make dinner whilst watching Pats lose..roast chicken and root vegetables, roasted potatoes prep the Serious Eats way. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/12/the-best-roast-potatoes-ever-recipe.html

Prime Time

Bed time by 9 PM!

Where to?

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Before the last game pretty much  no Bills fan knew who Preston Williams was. Now he is a significant loss. Hopefully we don't create any more Dolphins short term superstars like Preston Willams or Jay Ajayi.

Oh believe me I knew who he was. I thought he was a 2nd round draft talent who fell understandably because of his issues off the field.