Favorite Car Chases

SinceThe70s

34 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Vacationed in Chicago two years ago and made a point to take the fam on a tour of: Lower Wacker Drive, the intersection where the cop car pileup happened and of course the Richard J Daley plaza.

One of the great car chase scenes ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Vacationed in Chicago two years ago and made a point to take the fam on a tour of: Lower Wacker Drive, the intersection where the cop car pileup happened and of course the Richard J Daley plaza.

One of the great car chase scenes ever. 

Hope a bum didn't throw dirt on your windshield and then force you to pay him to clean it off.  ?  Illinois bums are industrious! ? But NOT as bad as Illinois Nazis:

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hope a bum didn't throw dirt on your windshield and then force you to pay him to clean it off.  ?  Illinois bums are industrious! ? But NOT as bad as Illinois Nazis:

The fine people of Chicago treated me and the fam very well - except for the lockmasters...what a bunch of know-it-all, over-officious d-bags!

JK 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We are just misunderstood.  Got too much free time on our hands.  LoL...

Funny thing is that we did a tourist boat thing and I had no idea that we had to 'lock into' the Chicago River until we did and then I was wondering if you were on station as we passed through. I asked afterwards, and if I  recall correctly, you're further north.

But yeah, based on the length of your posts you have too much time on your hands. :)

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Funny thing is that we did a tourist boat thing and I had no idea that we had to 'lock into' the Chicago River until we did and then I was wondering if you were on station as we passed through. I asked afterwards, and if I  recall correctly, you're further north.

But yeah, based on the length of your posts you have too much time on your hands. :)

Further south.  Chicago Harbor is downtown.  I am on Calumet River about 7 miles down river from Calumet Harbor.  Calumet Harbor is about 10 miles south of Chicago Harbor on L.Michigan in South Chicago.  This is the industrial corridor.  Both Chicago River and Calumet River-Sag Channel meet up downriver about 20 miles south and inland.

CAWS-basemap-765pxw.jpg

Both locks are similar... Sector-gated controlling works.

7 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Channel flipping today and just missed the car chase from Bullitt. Watched it on the youtube and to be honest it didn't quite live up to the memory, but still iconic. 

So what are your favorites?

..."Bullitt" easily....Smokey & The Bandit with Gleason and Reynolds was pretty funny...........

For a TV show, the Rockford Files had a good car chase in almost every episode.  I mean a good car chase, not Dukes of Hazard stuff. 

Not to mention the Rockford Files had one of the best theme songs on TV. 

I couldn’t find any good videos of car chases, but here's the theme song...

• Like (+1) 1