Tua out for season with Hip Fracture (update - declares for draft)

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So is the backup any good or is Alabama done?

Probably done. Mac Jones is an adequate backup. However, Alabama's defense is essentially swiss cheese this season. Bama's only shot is win shootouts against good teams. And Auburn has the best defense we will face all year. Just don't see Bama putting up 30-40 on Auburn, and I think that's what they need to have a chance to win that game. That said, I agree with Gary Danielson in that if Bama goes to Auburn and wins with a backup QB, they deserve to be in the playoff.

2 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Probably done. Mac Jones is an adequate backup. However, Alabama's defense is essentially swiss cheese this season. Bama's only shot is win shootouts against good teams. And Auburn has the best defense we will face all year. Just don't see Bama putting up 30-40 on Auburn, and I think that's what they need to have a chance to win that game. That said, I agree with Gary Danielson in that if Bama goes to Auburn and wins with a backup QB, they deserve to be in the playoff.

sounds funny hearing that their defense is no good. Auburn is stout, would love DT Derrick Brown and LB KJ Britt on this team.

On 11/17/2019 at 10:06 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

sounds funny hearing that their defense is no good. Auburn is stout, would love DT Derrick Brown and LB KJ Britt on this team.

Saban’s worst defense at Bama since his first year (2007). Too many injuries combined with years of early departures to the NFL, and rotating door in the DC office.

Agree 100% about Derrick Brown. Never been too many Tigers I’ve been a fan of, but that dude is a STUD 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Saban’s worst defense at Bama since his first year (2007). Too many injuries combined with years of early departures to the NFL, and rotating door in the DC office.

Agree 100% about Derrick Brown. Never been too many Tigers I’ve been a fan of, but that dude is a STUD 

That Britt is a player too. Not too big which helps in coverage but really packs a punch in the run defense.

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2019 at 6:59 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

I think the opposite.

He can rehab and hope to make some money in the NFL. He comes back and gets that hip hurt again he may never make a penny from professional football.

Better to get hurt in the NFL than the NCAA.

He’s returning. Will announce Monday 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Being a Bama fan, I hope so.

I think he should come back, but it could be an indication that he’s not going to be healthy enough for the pre draft process (especially the Medicals) and is worried it will sink him out of the 1st round 

Edited by YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

My gut says he's coming back. Hence, the presser with Saban tomorrow. If he were leaving, I think it would just be an announcement via social media. Although, it could be just wishful thinking on my part. 

My source is in the nfl, not Bama, but he heard he’s not declaring 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My source is in the nfl, not Bama, but he heard he’s not declaring 

From your lips to God's ears.  I think Tua is the domino that the rest are waiting for. Ruggs and Smith both got 2nd round draft grades. I think if Tua comes back, they both do as well.

2 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

From your lips to God's ears.  I think Tua is the domino that the rest are waiting for. Ruggs and Smith both got 2nd round draft grades. I think if Tua comes back, they both do as well.

Seems to me you don’t hold a press conference with your coach to declare for the draft. That would be weird. I could see one to announce his return. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems to me you don’t hold a press conference with your coach to declare for the draft. That would be weird. I could see one to announce his return. 

We can only hope. He seems like one of the nicest people in sports. I hope whatever he chooses will be the right choice.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did say his brother is staying. Was that in question? 

Probably. Remember, Mac is coming back and they signed Bryce Young. Did you see him on Saturday? He looks like Kyler Murray. The kid has every tool and is a total 5 star just like Tua was. He also seems very smart. We both know that anything can happen (Antonio Alfano) but this kid looks like a superstar.

It wouldn't surprise me if his brother does leave.

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Probably. Remember, Mac is coming back and they signed Bryce Young. Did you see him on Saturday? He looks like Kyler Murray. The kid has every tool and is a total 5 star just like Tua was. He also seems very smart. We both know that anything can happen (Antonio Alfano) but this kid looks like a superstar.

It wouldn't surprise me if his brother does leave.

I didn’t see him. He’s from mater dei HS in Orange County, right? My niece goes there and was telling me about him last year. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t see him. He’s from mater dei HS in Orange County, right? My niece goes there and was telling me about him last year. 

He is from California. He was the MVP of the HS All Star Game and threw a TD on his 1st pass. I'm telling you Yolo I view him as favorable to Hurts (4 star) coming out of college. Young might truly be something special.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.