Tua out for season with Hip Fracture (update - declares for draft)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Allen continues to not elevate our offense to the next step, a QB will be taken in the first 3 rounds.  If Tua is there...it’s going to be a wild 10 minutes.

I still can't see them taking a QB in the top 3 Rounds this upcoming draft

That would actually be the vote of death for Allen imo. Rounds 5-6 a gold possibility but if they spend a premium pick they are giving up

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wow this is very sad.  I hope he can come back, for whichever NFL team takes him.  An article I just read did not sound optimistic at all and even mentioned hip replacement being realistic.  Sorry no link but it was the Washington Post.

It's sad to see a kid that has worked so hard have this kind of circumstance.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see him returning to school

I think the opposite.

He can rehab and hope to make some money in the NFL. He comes back and gets that hip hurt again he may never make a penny from professional football.

Better to get hurt in the NFL than the NCAA.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think the opposite.

He can rehab and hope to make some money in the NFL. He comes back and gets that hip hurt again he may never make a penny from professional football.

Better to get hurt in the NFL than the NCAA.

Agree. I can see a team like GB, NO, Pit, or NE grabbing the kid, stashing and developing him with a 2-3 year timetable. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought last week it was kind of soon seeing him play after recent ankle surgery. You could tell it was fragile. It has nothing to do with his hip but I figured he wouldn’t play today. I’m sure Tua wanted to though. Feel bad for the guy. 

According to Dr. Cain (team physician), he'll be non-weight bearing for 3 months, and best case scenario is begin training in 6 months. Clearly that puts his timetable after the upcoming draft. I have to wonder if a team would risk taking him before it's even clear whether or not he can even play again. (Cain said they expect full recovery, but who knows). Either way, it's a terrible way for the best QB in Bama history to have his career end. Tua is an outstanding young man, and role-model. I hope Bama does the right thing and honor him by retiring #13 

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills will draft a RB in the first round I’m sure some team will spend a first on Tua. Granted it might be the Dolphins or Raiders second pick in the first round.

i hope Tua makes a full recovery. Young man is a great guy and deserves a healthy shot at a chance to be a pro QB.

As for Bama, I enjoy watching Nick knowing the end is here.  
Bama will be great again, but this year is over.

7 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

According to Dr. Cain (team physician), he'll be non-weight bearing for 3 months, and best case scenario is begin training in 6 months. Clearly that puts his timetable after the upcoming draft. I have to wonder if a team would risk taking him before it's even clear whether or not he can even play again. (Cain said they expect full recovery, but who knows). Either way, it's a terrible way for the best QB in Bama history to have his career end. Tua is an outstanding young man, and role-model. I hope Bama does the right thing and honor him by retiring #13 

Based on what I read yesterday the is actually good.  I had seen a lot of speculation about no hope of ever playing.  At least this gives a glimmer.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Based on what I read yesterday the is actually good.  I had seen a lot of speculation about no hope of ever playing.  At least this gives a glimmer.

What I saw is consistent with the prognosis that he will recover and be able to play. But it is a long tough rehab and could impact his career even if he’s able to play (Dennis pitta is an example I saw). Hopefully it doesn’t but the hip may always be an issue. He’s also seemingly a bit fragile with a number of injuries over his short collegiate career. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

I'm not at all an Alabama fan but I feel awful for him & hope he can make a full recovery.  I don't follow the Tide closely but everything I've seen tells me he's a really good kid and he's obviously a great talent.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.