Sign in to follow this  
Nextmanup

How Do You Brew Your Drip Coffee at Home?

Yes!  I have a Ninja coffee system.  I use it every day, and i brew Dunkin' Decaf with either Dunkin' Dark Roast or Peet's Major Dickinson blend.  I like coffee so doing the half-caff allows me to drink more. 

BTW, the Ninja brews the most amazing Iced Coffee.

On 11/16/2019 at 5:49 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

We have a Technivorm.   For the price, you cannot beat it.  We also have a decent grinder which I think helps. That, and good coffee beans, and I would say we do take our coffee brewing fairly seriously here.

We also have a Technivorm MoccaMaster.  A guy that owns a coffee shop recommended it as it hits the temperature sweet spot. Also have a burr grinder to grind beans immediately before brewing.  Found a local roaster and can get beans that were roasted a day or less before. Had been drinking Starbucks Sumatra but this guy’s locally roasted beans make delicious coffee. What a difference!

I am actually in the process of building a roaster using a turbo oven and popcorn popper.  But to brew, I use either a French press or an aero press

Has anyone had experience with a Moccamaster coffee maker?

I've tried all the store coffee makers and I've used a Keurig coffee maker for the last five years.  They all make an "ok" cup of coffee IMO but I was looking at these Moccamasters in my quest for a better, richer tasting cup of coffee.  

I'm on well water (and it's softened and filtered) and I prefer to ground the beans before I use them.  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Has anyone had experience with a Moccamaster coffee maker?

I've tried all the store coffee makers and I've used a Keurig coffee maker for the last five years.  They all make an "ok" cup of coffee IMO but I was looking at these Moccamasters in my quest for a better, richer tasting cup of coffee.  

I'm on well water (and it's softened and filtered) and I prefer to ground the beans before I use them.  

I (and a few others as) brought this up and I believe one poster DOES use this and loves it.  That's up-thread.  Read through and you'll find it.

The Technivorm stuff looks quite interesting to me and comes very highly rated.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:03 PM, WotAGuy said:

We also have a Technivorm MoccaMaster.  A guy that owns a coffee shop recommended it as it hits the temperature sweet spot. Also have a burr grinder to grind beans immediately before brewing.  Found a local roaster and can get beans that were roasted a day or less before. Had been drinking Starbucks Sumatra but this guy’s locally roasted beans make delicious coffee. What a difference!

How long have you been brewing coffee with it?  

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

How long have you been brewing coffee with it?  

About 1-1.5 years. We have hard water so I run some cleaner through it every 6 months or so.  Works great. 

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

About 1-1.5 years. We have hard water so I run some cleaner through it every 6 months or so.  Works great. 

Which model do you have?  There are quite a few of them.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Which model do you have?  There are quite a few of them.

10 cup KB 741

On 11/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, Seasons1992 said:

I cook bacon every weekend day. Always goes into the trash vs the drain.

I save the grease... nothing better than eggs fried in bacon grease with pepper.

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I brew it like how they did on breaking bad in the meth lab 

I'm not IN danger, Steptide, I AM the danger!

4 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Excellent. I appreciate it.