2020 Draft Position and Potential Targets

STL-Bills

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Spain has been pretty good, no?  I don’t think o-line is a pressing offseason need.  JMO.

Spain has been good. After being up and down the first 5 weeks he has really found a good consistent level of performance. 

One year contract though. I suspect it will cost more to sign him next year. 

I want a number 1 wide receiver......

If we can find Johnson in the late rounds like we did.....we can find a pass rusher in round 2.....LETS GET JOSH ALLEN A NUMBER ONE WIDE RECIEVER

10 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Wouldn't mind A stud MLBer to get Edmunds out of that spot.  That experiment isn’t going too well

It is actually going just fine

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Spain has been good. After being up and down the first 5 weeks he has really found a good consistent level of performance. 

One year contract though. I suspect it will cost more to sign him next year. 

Perhaps.  I could see Ryan Bates sliding into that spot also.  I would like to see them extend Spain for a year or two though.  Everyone else (Dawkins, Long, Feliciano, Bates, Ford, Morse, Nsekhe) is locked up at least through next season.  I think we are pretty well set at o-line without using any significant draft assets.  I’d rather use my top picks on WR, Edge, LB, and CB.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Perhaps.  I could see Ryan Bates sliding into that spot also.  I would like to see them extend Spain for a year or two though.  Everyone else (Dawkins, Long, Feliciano, Bates, Ford, Morse, Nsekhe) is locked up at least through next season.  I think we are pretty well set at o-line without using any significant draft assets.  I’d rather use my top picks on WR, Edge, LB, and CB.

I'd take another developmental tackle but not day 1 or 2. 

I think both Dawkins and Spain have got better as the season has gone on and the chemistry has clearly developed between the two of them. I think the Bills will be interested in extending Spain IF they want to persist with Ford at RT. If they don't then their way to get Ford into the starting lineup is at a guard spot. 

I actually think Feliciano's play has dropped off the last few games but the coaches like him and they will persist with him I think. 

4 hours ago, STL-Bills said:

The past 3 weeks have had all of us questioning this team, no doubt. I’m going to say we take care of bitness against the Phins, Broncos, Jets and Steelers to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs for the first time in Josh Allen’s career.

I won’t try and predict playoff success, but let’s assume we’re drafting somewhere in the 20-28 range. Most would agree the Bills need help at multiple positions, and WR would be near the top of that list. My choice would be Tyler Johnson from Minnesota.

Last year, I was high on Terry McLaurin. Experienced guy with excellent separation and route running ability. These types of guys have proven over and over to be incredibly valuable. The athletic freaks are much harder to predict, and much more dangerous to pick. A guy like Johnson seems to be safer and have almost as high of a ceiling while also having a far higher floor. Check out the article below that outlines some of his abilities and highlight plays. He’s the real deal.

GO BILLS!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/minnesota-machine--tyler-johnson-needs-to-be-in-first-round-conversation

I saw him against Penn St and he looked pretty good, wouldn't be upset about this.

4 hours ago, STL-Bills said:

The past 3 weeks have had all of us questioning this team, no doubt. I’m going to say we take care of bitness against the Phins, Broncos, Jets and Steelers to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs for the first time in Josh Allen’s career.

I won’t try and predict playoff success, but let’s assume we’re drafting somewhere in the 20-28 range. Most would agree the Bills need help at multiple positions, and WR would be near the top of that list. My choice would be Tyler Johnson from Minnesota.

Last year, I was high on Terry McLaurin. Experienced guy with excellent separation and route running ability. These types of guys have proven over and over to be incredibly valuable. The athletic freaks are much harder to predict, and much more dangerous to pick. A guy like Johnson seems to be safer and have almost as high of a ceiling while also having a far higher floor. Check out the article below that outlines some of his abilities and highlight plays. He’s the real deal.

GO BILLS!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/minnesota-machine--tyler-johnson-needs-to-be-in-first-round-conversation

WR IS at the top of the list...multiple offensive weapons should be.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I want a number 1 wide receiver......

If we can find Johnson in the late rounds like we did.....we can find a pass rusher in round 2.....LETS GET JOSH ALLEN A NUMBER ONE WIDE RECIEVER

It is actually going just fine

We must be watching a different guy then ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Obviously another WR is needed, an elite one at that. Wouldn’t mind a RT and bumping Ford into LG, leave Feliciano in at RG. Also, we’ll need another CB and a few LBs. For a 6-3 team I see some glaring weaknesses.

I wouldn't say glaring but definitely in need of an upgrade

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Leave it to the Bills to draft a DL in a WR heavy draft <_<

We already made that mistake this past year. Don't make it again.

You have to look at positional stength. If there’s 15 good receivers and only 5 good edge rushers, you gotta take the edge first. But it’s too early to say anything anyways. My preference is to sign an edge and then draft a WR. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

We must be watching a different guy then ??‍♂️

Leads the team in tackles

Is the exact fit for what McD is looking for a MLB

Makes it very hard to pass over the middle

He isnt that stick his head in a behive MLB that cant cover anybody but is always in the right place at the right time vs the run

Its all about what the defense is looking for out of its MLB

39 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You have to look at positional stength. If there’s 15 good receivers and only 5 good edge rushers, you gotta take the edge first. But it’s too early to say anything anyways. My preference is to sign an edge and then draft a WR. 

And yet, wasn't DL a positional strength this past year?

• Thank you (+1) 1