2020 Draft Position and Potential Targets

STL-Bills

The past 3 weeks have had all of us questioning this team, no doubt. I’m going to say we take care of bitness against the Phins, Broncos, Jets and Steelers to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs for the first time in Josh Allen’s career.

I won’t try and predict playoff success, but let’s assume we’re drafting somewhere in the 20-28 range. Most would agree the Bills need help at multiple positions, and WR would be near the top of that list. My choice would be Tyler Johnson from Minnesota.

Last year, I was high on Terry McLaurin. Experienced guy with excellent separation and route running ability. These types of guys have proven over and over to be incredibly valuable. The athletic freaks are much harder to predict, and much more dangerous to pick. A guy like Johnson seems to be safer and have almost as high of a ceiling while also having a far higher floor. Check out the article below that outlines some of his abilities and highlight plays. He’s the real deal.

GO BILLS!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/minnesota-machine--tyler-johnson-needs-to-be-in-first-round-conversation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, STL-Bills said:

The past 3 weeks have had all of us questioning this team, no doubt. I’m going to say we take care of bitness against the Phins, Broncos, Jets and Steelers to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs for the first time in Josh Allen’s career.

I won’t try and predict playoff success, but let’s assume we’re drafting somewhere in the 20-28 range. Most would agree the Bills need help at multiple positions, and WR would be near the top of that list. My choice would be Tyler Johnson from Minnesota.

Last year, I was high on Terry McLaurin. Experienced guy with excellent separation and route running ability. These types of guys have proven over and over to be incredibly valuable. The athletic freaks are much harder to predict, and much more dangerous to pick. A guy like Johnson seems to be safer and have almost as high of a ceiling while also having a far higher floor. Check out the article below that outlines some of his abilities and highlight plays. He’s the real deal.

GO BILLS!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/minnesota-machine--tyler-johnson-needs-to-be-in-first-round-conversation

Your description of Tyler sounds similar to the descriptions of Zay Jones when he was drafted. I'm not saying this as a bash on Jones, but I don't think its the kind of WR we need. We need a guy with an exceptional catch radius, and high pointing ability. I have more trepidation with guys who are described as "NFL ready" than I do with guys described as "athletic freaks." I feel like I could get behind an athletic freak.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Saint Doug said:

The big question is whether our team can identify the right WR. 

There is also the question of BPA. I know that WR is a need. But, it's not our only need. Beane, and company have been pretty good about drafting BPA, with our needs in mind. It's very hard to predict who BPA is at the middle of the board, where we will certainly be. But, if there's a better edge rusher than WR, that's what we're going to get.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

My draft crushes are Tee Higgins and CeeDee Lamb. I really think we will be too far down for Lamb, so Higgins is my guy. He’s 6’4” and has a championship pedigree. Exactly what Allen needs opposite Brown. 

CeeDee Lamb would be my choice as well. The Bills have equal need of an edge rusher and wide receiver, it will be interesting to see how they fill these needs, whether through the draft or free agency or both.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

My draft crushes are Tee Higgins and CeeDee Lamb. I really think we will be too far down for Lamb, so Higgins is my guy. He’s 6’4” and has a championship pedigree. Exactly what Allen needs opposite Brown. 

Tee Higgins is my guy as well.  Exactly what Allen needs in a boundary WR.  

1 minute ago, Sunshower said:

Obviously another WR is needed, an elite one at that. Wouldn’t mind a RT and bumping Ford into LG, leave Feliciano in at RG. Also, we’ll need another CB and a few LBs. For a 6-3 team I see some glaring weaknesses.

Spain has been pretty good, no?  I don’t think o-line is a pressing offseason need.  JMO.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I’m not a big believer in Spain, I’d rather put Ford at LG and bring in a dominant RT.

Dawkins-Ford-Morse-Feliciano-New guy

By the way, a quality corner is a huge need as well.

Agreed about CB being a need, but I think you’re writing off Ford at RG a little too quickly.  He is a rookie.

I have the offseason needs as follows:

1. Edge 

2. WR

3. LB (is Edmunds better suited for SOLB?)

4. CB

5. DT

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Its gonna be a lb to replace LA.....McD is calling this shot imho.  D focused.   wr in rnd 2....

I think they might be moving Edmunds to Alexander's spot. Vosean Joseph would move into that middle spot.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed about CB being a need, but I think you’re writing off Ford at RG a little too quickly.  He is a rookie.

I have the offseason needs as follows:

1. Edge 

2. WR

3. LB (is Edmunds better suited for SOLB?)

4. CB

5. DT

I’d prefer a WR round 1, someone with star power. I think a game breaker there fixes our offense.

The reason why I wouldn’t put Ford at RG is because Feliciano has proven to be an above average starter. I think you leave him there. Matter of fact I think Feliciano should be extended in the offseason.

LB to me is a big issue. Edmunds and Milano have serious potential but there’s nobody behind them.

Corner is getting our defense abused. Levi is getting beat like a drum and I think a shutdown corner opposite of Tre turns our defense into a machine.

As far as DE goes. I think Murphy needs to go. Shaq is a guy I’d bring back as a rotational piece so long as it doesn’t cost much. Darryl Johnson I’m convinced is a potential gem. He could be a starter at LE and we still got Hughes at RE.

I think if the draft were tomorrow I’d go:

1. WR

2. CB

3. RT

4. LB

5. DE

We also have some scratch to play around with in free agency and we can move up a few times with ease into RDs 2-3.

Edited by Sunshower