Is there a role for Tyler Kroft on the Bills?

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Had 4 in one game!!!

I wanna see Knox run some seam routes!

....nauseates the hell out of me how historically we've been smoked in the seam by opposing TE's......teams faced with "3rd and long" continually smoked our azz for 1st downs....they laughed at "3rd and long".....how about the Pats with the Gronk/Hernandez duo and their damage?....will never understand how Post Kelly era the QB spot at #1 and the TE spot at #2 were the most neglected.....

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

good call Coach. cuz his height Allen can overthrow him a bit  lol

Haha no doubt but hey ya gotta try it ?

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....nauseates the hell out of me how historically we've been smoked in the seam by opposing TE's......teams faced with "3rd and long" continually smoked our azz for 1st downs....they laughed at "3rd and long".....how about the Pats with the Gronk/Hernandez duo and their damage?....will never understand how Post Kelly era the QB spot at #1 and the TE spot at #2 were the most neglected.....

I feel your pain- the seam then draws coverage towards the middle and opens the edges. It is so frustrating.

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dodge shadows are the cars of Greek Gods.

and never was fan of the Kroft signing.  He had one decent year.  Hopefully, we move after the year since Knox has shown himself to be a player. We should still be looking to upgrade and run more 2 TE sets.

its weird how behind the times the Bills are.  Most good qbs have a good TE.  They are matchup nightmares. But nah, we’re good with Derek Fine.

Derek Fine lol

I was not thrilled with Kroft signing either. he was coming off another injury.
Perhaps Bills were quite surprised to get Knox? and then the bonus in Sweeny (my boy )
The hate on Lee Smith is justifiable of course. But he does tear it up when blocking downfield.. risk reward. and he has caught he ball actually. who figured ?

i am not high on Kroft, but he can change my mind down the stretch

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Haha no doubt but hey ya gotta try it ?

I feel your pain- the seam then draws coverage towards the middle and opens the edges. It is so frustrating.

The only reason they brought in "bad knees"  Clay. run that seam, get downfield.

Great weapon  as a play call

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Derek Fine lol

Perhaps Bills were quite surprised to get Knox? and then the bonus in Sweeny (my boy )
The hate on Lee Smith is justifiable of course. But he does tear it up when blocking downfield.. risk reward. and he has caught he ball actually. who figured ?

The only reason they brought in "bad knees"  Clay. run that seam, get downfield.

Omg I forgot about that dude already- for a reason- thanks a lot lol

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Omg I forgot about that dude already- for a reason- thanks a lot lol

i noted it to remind all of us.
How much better off the Bills are these days with talent, and smarter  contracts : )

cheers !

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Derek Fine lol

Smith is a terrible TE but I heard the reasoning for him is he essentially another o linemen and could play in a pinch.  Personally, I’m fine with moving in from him but he’s here at least the rest of the season.

16 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Is there a role for any TE on this team?  

Sometimes I feel WR/TE are totally irrelevant for us, especially TE position.

It is quite noticeable how many TE's at other teams make big catches and get big targets...but we just never notice/see it.

I would love to be a TE focused team

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

Sometimes I feel WR/TE are totally irrelevant for us, especially TE position.

It is quite noticeable how many TE's at other teams make big catches and get big targets...but we just never notice/see it.

I would love to be a TE focused team

Well you have to have a talented TE or your team is like majority of teams a TE that catches 3-4 passes

Being a BIlls fan in Baltimore just watch the Ravens. They have TE all over the place. One always gets open and they get huge plays almost every series.  We get one huge play a game. To make things worse their running OC is the one we ran out of town :(

Edited by billsfanmd07

I was never a fan of the Kroft signing from the get go. just another player added to an ever growing list of players we've added where you can't wait to get rid of.

But theres been a role for him this whole time. Its just that he hasn't done anything with it.

Knox has been a nice surprise & has stood out from the pack because cmon, it really isn't that hard to do. All you need to do is catch a few passes & you're at the top of the list given the group we have. But Knox has been a godsend.

Krofts been out there the past few games but you wouldn't even know it. And only reason we know Smith is out there is from the referee calling his name over & over again.

Like others have said, I'd much rather cut back on Smith's snaps & have Sweeney play. He's got good hands & shows a bit of toughness to him. He at the very least isn't invisible out there & will make a play or 2. See what you have with him & move on from Kroft asap.

Since Kroft came back and Lee got more snaps, our offense has taken a major step back.

Knox was making big plays early in the year (and dropping big plays...but he's a rookie). Even sweeney was doing well. Those two veteran tight ends are actually hurting the team.